Windows 10: I hear a loud static hiss through wired headphones, but only when Windows actually plays a...

Discus and support I hear a loud static hiss through wired headphones, but only when Windows actually plays a... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am hearing constant static noise though my wired headphones, but only when there is sound being sent out of the laptop. By that, I mean when I set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bumpredd, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Bumpredd Win User

I hear a loud static hiss through wired headphones, but only when Windows actually plays a...

I am hearing constant static noise though my wired headphones, but only when there is sound being sent out of the laptop. By that, I mean when I set the volume in the system tray to "mute" I hear no static. As soon as I set the volume to 1%, I hear a pop and static.

Even with the volume at 20%, everything sounds very loud and blown out. Almost as if there's another volume level somewhere that's set to 11. This all started when I tried listening to a video this morning. The laptop was fine last night and I did no updates overnight, nor was it shut down.

When the computer starts up, I hear no static until Windows boots up and it plays a system sound. The static pops in during the sound and pops out a few seconds after to silence, like a walkie talkie.

This does not happen with the internal speakers.

I'VE TRIED
    I initially changed headphones and cables but the problem continued.
    I reinstalled the sound driver.
    I reset windows. That wipes Windows and apps but kept my files.
    Windows has been reinstalled, but no changes.

Dell Inspiron 7559 Signature Edition
    I7-6700HQ
    16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 Home 19041.508

Thank you for any help you can give me.

:)

Bumpredd, Sep 27, 2020

2. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop.

I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly, very loud static noise started playing over the actual audio. After about 30 seconds of that Windows even crashed saying something about an 'apc index mismatch'

Ever since then, the very loud static noise plays on the headphones when they are plugged in. The built-in speakers work just fine. I have also tried with a different pair of headphones, with the same static noise.

Things I have tried:

Windows Update

Looking for driver updates in device manager

Windows Sound Problems Troubleshooter

If anyone has any idea how to solve this or what might be causing it, I would be very happy.

MoritzWettstein, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Loud Static Through Speakers Problem

Im Getting Loud Static Through Speakers When First Starting Up Before Windows Plays The Startup Sound, The Loud Static Stops After The Windows Startup Sound Plays. Seems Like Ive Had This Problem After Overclocking. Specs Are As Listed, Please Help.

accordpower99, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Patryk55 Win User

I hear a loud static hiss through wired headphones, but only when Windows actually plays a...

White noise/static from headphones and speakers

I'm using Lenovo 80VF, but whenever I plug in my headphones and try to play music or videos I can hear an annoying, faint hissing sounds that seems like static in the background. I've tried using different headphones, but the same things keeps happening.
    It doesn't make any sense to me, I've tried updating sound drivers and it didn't help... What's causing this to happen? Is there something I can do to fix this?

Patryk55, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. I hear a loud static hiss through wired headphones, but only when Windows actually plays a... - Similar Threads - hear loud static

2. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headphones are playing loud static over the noise: So basically at random times my headphones started playing loud static noises over the current sounds such as music or any type of audio, if there's no audio there is no static sound. I don't know why it's happening....
  3. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headphones are playing loud static over the noise: So basically at random times my headphones started playing loud static noises over the current sounds such as music or any type of audio, if there's no audio there is no static sound. I don't know why it's happening....
  4. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Very loud, static shock noise when playing audio through earbuds after not playing for a while?

Very loud, static shock noise when playing audio through earbuds after not playing for a while?: Long story short, I switched to a laptop that my friend had been using for college. After getting all of his documents off, I factory reset the PC, effectively making a clean windows installation like the day it was first booted.I'm having a problem with the system audio-- my...
  6. My mic is causing a constant "Hiss" through my headphones and I can hear myself speak too...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mic is causing a constant "Hiss" through my headphones and I can hear myself speak too...: I started a new job yesterday and had problems the whole time with getting my audio set up (great first impression). It's working now but I have a constant Hissing through my headphones when the mic is plugged in and if I talk loudly or tap the mic I can hear it clearly...
  7. I can't hear through the headphone.

I can't hear through the headphone.: I have plugged headphone and it shows notification but still the sound comes from my laptop speaker instead of the headphone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-through-the-headphone/c1ad2892-de2b-4126-b34a-5c4098efc2a7
  8. When I talk through my mic there is no voice but very loud static.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I talk through my mic there is no voice but very loud static.: Whenever I talk through my headset there is no noise but when I click on listen to this device screeching noise that fills my microphone levels all the way up it is so loud that I can’t even bear to hear it for more than 1 second. I know it is not my mic because I tested 3...
  9. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Loud Static noise from headphone jack: Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop. I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly, very loud static noise started playing over the actual audio. After about 30 seconds of that Windows even crashed saying...
  10. PC Freezes and static plays through the headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes and static plays through the headphones: Hello all, I am encountering quite a serious problem with my computer When I am in the middle of doing something on it the computer will randomly freeze and loud, high pitched static will play through the headphones. This has been going on for a while but has gotten really...