Windows 10: I... hit my laptop and now it's not working.

Discus and support I... hit my laptop and now it's not working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay listen, before everyone gets super judgemental, I just wanted to say that I was sorry the moment I did it. Got some bad news and reacted super... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chkez, Jun 9, 2020.

1. chkez Win User

I... hit my laptop and now it's not working.

Okay listen, before everyone gets super judgemental, I just wanted to say that I was sorry the moment I did it. Got some bad news and reacted super emotional. Well anyways, since it's what happened and now I have a problem, here goes:

Hit my laptop on the keyboard I know... everything is basically below it, and it started getting reaaally sluggish basically the moment I did it. I went online to see if it was working, basically opened a couple of pages, it took awhile but I managed to do it, then it seemed to me that it stopped opening new pages and that the browser crashed or that it was on it's way to crashing. Tried opening a video game, no avail. Tried restarting, uh-huh.

So I turned it off via the power button, and then the boot-up started Fixing C stage 1. Managed to get to stage 2 that's what I saw, maybe it went all the way, and then it went "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete".

It's been over a day since. I had a couple of circles Stage 1, 2, haven't seen any other but it's possible like I said in the previous paragraph that it gets all the stages done, again the "Repairing ..." message, again the same. As a matter of fact, I'm having this message as I write this.

So basically... I just wanted to know if my harddrive is dead, or just any kind of an opinion from someone who is more knowledgeable in these things than me. Do you have any idea what could've I done, could anything other than the HD be at risk too? And is there any hope that it will fix itself?

For what it's worth, it was a proper double-open palm slap. But it was just a slap! I just can't believe I broke anything. I miss my baby.

:)

chkez, Jun 9, 2020

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jun 9, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 9, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. I... hit my laptop and now it's not working. - Similar Threads - hit laptop working

2. I updated my laptop, and now settings doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated my laptop, and now settings doesnt work: I tried updating my laptop to connect my controller to it, but now settings doesnt work. I used the command prompt to open settings using start ms-settings:, but it brought up an error "file system error -2147219196. Ive tried making a new account, using a system scannow,...
  3. I updated my laptop, and now settings doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated my laptop, and now settings doesnt work: I tried updating my laptop to connect my controller to it, but now settings doesnt work. I used the command prompt to open settings using start ms-settings:, but it brought up an error "file system error -2147219196. Ive tried making a new account, using a system scannow,...
  4. I updated my laptop, and now settings doesnt work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I hit my laptop mouse pad and it's not turning on again. :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hit my laptop mouse pad and it's not turning on again. :: The title pretty much sums it up. My laptop was slow, I lost it and hit it yeah I know it wasn't the best idea.... My laptop was in HDMI and the screen on my tv started glitching by glitching I mean big ol' pixels and stuff so I panicked and turned it off. I tried turning it...
  6. I hit my laptop mouse pad and it's not turning on again. :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I hit my laptop mouse pad and it's not turning on again. :: The title pretty much sums it up. My laptop was slow, I lost it and hit it yeah I know it wasn't the best idea.... My laptop was in HDMI and the screen on my tv started glitching by glitching I mean big ol' pixels and stuff so I panicked and turned it off. I tried turning it...
  7. my lenovo laptop shutsdown/restarts when i hit it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my lenovo laptop shutsdown/restarts when i hit it: my lenovo laptop has a sdd when i hit my laptopnot hard it shuts down it does this usually when i hit the place where the keyboard and the touchpad mouse meets it just shuts down pls help...
  8. I tried to reset my laptop and now it doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    I tried to reset my laptop and now it doesn't work: I wanted a squeaky clean version of Win10 on my old HP Envy notebook so I backed everything up onto a removable hard drive, went to settings/update and security/recovery/reset this PC, and set it on its way. It seemed to be doing all the right stuff, but ended up in a loop...
  9. I turned on my laptop and was hit with this. Not a problem, I thought, I’ll look into the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I turned on my laptop and was hit with this. Not a problem, I thought, I’ll look into the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Reallymadatmypc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2en0r/i_turned_on_my_laptop_and_was_hit_with_this_not_a/
  10. I haven’t touched my laptop in a month and now it’s not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I haven’t touched my laptop in a month and now it’s not working: So, before you tell me to charge it or something, let me explain that it turns on and has a charge, but it launches into system recovery. i’ve tried doing a restore point, restoring to factory without keeping files and with keeping files and nothing works, it goes for an hour...