Windows 10: I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them

Discus and support I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I have my; desktop icons arranged. Two rows, on the right And one row, on the left. Here's, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Mar 17, 2021.

1. I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them

My computer, is a Dell laptop.
    Running Windows 10 Pro.
    I have my; desktop icons arranged.
    Two rows, on the right
    And one row, on the left.

Here's, the problem. For some reason.
    Sometimes all of he icons, end up on the left
    It's like they just, slammed over there.
    To put them back, where they belong.
    Is, a real problem.
    The mouse, can slide some, back in place.
    But, most of the icons. The mouse. can't budge!

Which brings mel. To my question;
    Could I, create a template. Or anything?
    So, when the icons, are on the wrong side.
    I can, click on it. Or, run something?
    So the icons, move back. "Like Magic

Thank you for reading . . . Jerry

* Original title: I hope there's a way . . .

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Mar 17, 2021

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. Xylee Del Win User

I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them

Windows 10 can't lock desktop icons in place

Hi,

In Windows 10, there are ways to keep the icons in place. To make them stay in their location, we suggest that you check these methods:

Method 1:

• In your desktop, right click on an open area.
    • Select Personalise, click Themes on the left menu.
    • Remove the checkmark on Allow themes to change desktop icons, then click
      Apply.
    • Arrange your icons where you want them to be.

Method 2:

• In an open area, right click on your desktop.
    • Select View, on the drop down menu Auto arrange icons shouldn't have a checkmark and
      Align icons to grid should have a checkmark.
    Let us know if any of the above methods work.

Xylee Del, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them

1. I hope there's a way to have my Desktop icons stay where I place them - Similar Threads - hope there's Desktop

2. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my desktop icons stay in place: It happen some time ago where my desktop icons will never stay where I want them. I tried everything with the themes and appdata and using the auto arrange. Honestly it's just pissing me off now, is there anyway to fix this?...
  3. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  4. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  5. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Desktop icons don't stay in place

Desktop icons don't stay in place: I've been keeping program and document icons on the desktop since Windows 3.1. My Windows 10 desktop shows some icons on the left side of the screen and some on the right side also. The icons on the left remain where I put them,. However, the icons on the right side get moved...
  7. how can i place desktop icons where i want them

how can i place desktop icons where i want them: how can i place desktop icons where i want them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-place-desktop-icons-where-i-want-them/7c83c79e-b794-49fa-9fdd-4079d50e99fc
  8. desktop icons won't stay in place

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons won't stay in place: It's not the end of the world, but since a recent Windows update my desktop icons won't stay where I put them. In addition, after my computer boots up and everything is loaded, desktop icons do not appear on their own. I have to right click/view/show desktop icons....
  9. Desktop Icons won't stay where I put them

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons won't stay where I put them: I like to position all my desktop icons in a custom order, but since I took my PC into the Geeks to remove a suspected virus, my desktop icons keep returning to default positions upon restart or refresh. I've experimented with unchecking grid and align options, and even...
  10. Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.: This started after I did a refresh installation. While many of the icons remain where they are, some of them refuse to stay put when I move them. They spring to another position. What might be causing this bizarre behaviour? 95380

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com