Windows 10: I hope there's a way to turn off subtitles when watching a movie

Discus and support I hope there's a way to turn off subtitles when watching a movie in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. It seems like every time, I watch a movie. There are, subtitles. It's very distracting, to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Jan 9, 2021.

1. I hope there's a way to turn off subtitles when watching a movie

My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro.

It seems like every time, I watch a movie. There are, subtitles.

It's very distracting, to see a foreign language,.
    At the bottom, of the screen!

Sometimes, I just turn the movie off!

Is there any way, to stop this. Maybe block, the bottom of the screen?

Probably not. But, I just thought I'd ask?

Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

* Original title: I hope there's a way . . .

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Jan 9, 2021

2. Movie download-no subtitles...

I was watching a international movie from a legitimate movie website which had english subtitles and it just kept buffering so i downloaded it through payment..but when i played it back using Freesmith player which is my default player...i could not see any english subtitles...could it be the subtitles are overlayed on the bottom black border of the movie and not actually seen within the bottom of movie therefore you cannot download the overlayed subtitles...do you have to download special subtitle packs ?

treblefree, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Movies & TV App Subtitles

Hi Autumn,

I am Jaspreet Singh an independent advisor.

Have you tried turning off cc and turning it on again near the volume icon?

If there is no cc option please follow the steps listed by Tsalavar on this link :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

** The movies and tv app seems to have issue with captions (in built subtitles) for some video formats

JaspreetSingh08, Jan 9, 2021
  4. JaneBonny Win User

I hope there's a way to turn off subtitles when watching a movie

Is there a way to pin subtitles to a video in Movies & TV?

Hello,

I am a Windows 10 user and as such, I usually use the Movies & TV application to watch movies. Recently, I wanted to watch a movie with subtitles and I noticed that some have already been added to the film I downloaded (the "1. und" file).

I hope there's a way to turn off subtitles when watching a movie [​IMG]

Unfortunately, they weren't correctly synced so I downloaded another .srt file ("E01"), selected it and everything worked well.

I hope there's a way to turn off subtitles when watching a movie 63a18ff8-98e8-4490-81e3-25e40326068d?upload=true.png

My only problem is that every time I want to watch the movie, I have to add the "E01" subtitles again – because unlike the "1. und" ones they don't stay pinned to the movie. I am not a lazy person, I can very well add them again and again, but since the
    old ones clearly stay pinned I couldn't help wondering if there is a way to pin the new subtitles permanently to the film as well. I know there are ways to insert subtitles permanently into a film, choosing your own font etc., but that is not what I am interested
    in – I would like to watch the movie both with and without them.

I hope my question isn't confusing! Thank you in advance for your answers.

JaneBonny, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

I hope there's a way to turn off subtitles when watching a movie

1. I hope there's a way to turn off subtitles when watching a movie - Similar Threads - hope there's turn

2. I hope there's a way . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hope there's a way . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I have my; desktop icons arranged. Two rows, on the right And one row, on the left. Here's, the problem. For some reason. Sometimes all of he icons, end up on the left It's like they just, slammed over there. To put...
  3. Hardcoding Subtitle into a Movie file

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardcoding Subtitle into a Movie file: Hello,To hard-code a subtitle into a movie I use "HandBrake" program. The text on the finished video is white with a large black shadow.I searched into the program how to remove that shadow or make it smaller but did not find anything alike.I will appreciate to get any help...
  4. I hope there's a way . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hope there's a way . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. It seems like every time, I watch a movie. There are, subtitles. It's very distracting, to see a foreign language,. At the bottom, of the screen! Sometimes, I just turn the movie off! Is there any way, to stop this....
  5. Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player: How do I turn off the damned subtitles in Windows DVD player? It is this one--- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10771/windows-dvd-playback-options ---which is recommended at support.microsoft.com. If a DVD has subtitles, they are on by default. If I try to turn...
  6. watching movies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    watching movies: When I am watching a movie I get an extension popping up wanting to control video. Sometimes when I move my mouse towards it the extension disappears. I can click on the extension but I can not delete the extension. The extension restarts the video at various times and is...
  7. Alternative to windows media player when watching a movie with a subtitle

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Alternative to windows media player when watching a movie with a subtitle: Recommend using Microsoft photos, here you can the add the subtitle can simply clicking the substile icon below the right hand corner. Hope this helps for everyone having difficulties playing a movie with subtitle....
  8. how do i turn subtitles off

how do i turn subtitles off: how do I turn subtitles off. And also closed captioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-subtitles-off/dc21fe8c-ca9f-4af7-a6e7-c9a1005c85cd
  9. Video - Adding subtitle to a movie

Video - Adding subtitle to a movie: Hello, I am trying to add subtitle to a movie (mp4 format), seaching the net found some, each one has to be installed first. One of my tests is "Videpad video editor", found a subtitle file in Hebrew, .srt format. First I located both movie and subtitle in one folder, both...
  10. Movie download-no subtitles...

Movie download-no subtitles...: I was watching a international movie from a legitimate movie website which had english subtitles and it just kept buffering so i downloaded it through payment..but when i played it back using Freesmith player which is my default player...i could not see any english...