Windows 10: I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store....

Discus and support I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store. If I install the licence, will I lose my files? Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dsmackenzie, May 21, 2020.

1. I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store....

I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store.

If I install the licence, will I lose my files? Can I change my licence for a product key? Thank you.

:)

dsmackenzie, May 21, 2020

2. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, May 21, 2020
  3. TRWOV Win User
    Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

If you want to upgrade from a Windows 8 license you must install W8, upgrade, get your W10 key and only after that you'll be able to do a clean install of W10.

As for the status of the licences... MS hasn't been straigforward about that... they're using weird wording saying that W10 will remain "activated as long as the hardware is supported" which doesn't actually answer anything.

Remember that for the W10 preview activation you need to install with a Microsoft Account that has been registered on the Windows Insider Program.

TRWOV, May 21, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store....

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

My Dell laptop has died. It was originally supplied with a Windows 8 Home OEM licence, upgraded to Windows 10 Home then I bought a license to upgrade to the Pro version.

I need to buy a new laptop which will come with a Windows 10 Home licence. Can I reuse the Pro upgrade licence currently linked to the dead laptop for the new laptop and how do I transfer the licence? I can’t remember the T&Cs of the Pro upgrade licence.

Steve C, May 21, 2020
Thema:

I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store....

1. I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store.... - Similar Threads - hope upgrade Home

2. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...
  3. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...
  4. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  5. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  6. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and I installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and I installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  7. Bought Upgrade for Windows 10 Pro from Home from Store. Windows now says to Activate, but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bought Upgrade for Windows 10 Pro from Home from Store. Windows now says to Activate, but...: Hi,I bought Windows 10 Pro from the official Microsoft Store on the 8th July 2021. This morning I have turned my PC on and I am getting an 'Activate Windows' message. Upon pressing 'Troubleshoot' I get the message:'We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure that you're...
  8. I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it.

I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it.: Like the title says, today I bought the windows 10 upgrade from home to pro on the Microsoft store. I didn't receive a product key or digital license and I did upgrade my RAM few months ago. How can I activate my new copy of windows 10 if necessary. Thanks....
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store: Hi, I brought the Windows 10 Pro off the Microsoft store, after buying to upgrade nothing happened, after restart my Windows now tells me it is no longer activated and to go to activate Windows, troubleshooting does nothing, signing in and out does nothing, restarting again...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday)

Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday): I have spent at least 5 hours on this, possibly 10 or more. I have Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.737), activated, bought with a new Acer several months ago. Yesterday I bought the Windows 10 pro upgrade for $99 + tax at Microsoft. The activation page...