Windows 10: I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store....

Discus and support I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store. If I install the licence, will I lose my files? Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dsmackenzie, May 21, 2020.

1. I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store....

I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store.

If I install the licence, will I lose my files? Can I change my licence for a product key? Thank you.

:)

dsmackenzie, May 21, 2020

2. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, May 21, 2020
  3. TRWOV Win User
    Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

If you want to upgrade from a Windows 8 license you must install W8, upgrade, get your W10 key and only after that you'll be able to do a clean install of W10.

As for the status of the licences... MS hasn't been straigforward about that... they're using weird wording saying that W10 will remain "activated as long as the hardware is supported" which doesn't actually answer anything.

Remember that for the W10 preview activation you need to install with a Microsoft Account that has been registered on the Windows Insider Program.

TRWOV, May 21, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store....

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

My Dell laptop has died. It was originally supplied with a Windows 8 Home OEM licence, upgraded to Windows 10 Home then I bought a license to upgrade to the Pro version.

I need to buy a new laptop which will come with a Windows 10 Home licence. Can I reuse the Pro upgrade licence currently linked to the dead laptop for the new laptop and how do I transfer the licence? I can’t remember the T&Cs of the Pro upgrade licence.

Steve C, May 21, 2020
Thema:

I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store....

1. I hope to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I bought a licence from the Microsoft store.... - Similar Threads - hope upgrade Home

2. Bought from MS Store BUT NO LICENCE KEY came

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought from MS Store BUT NO LICENCE KEY came: I have a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. Since I need Windows 10 PRO I went to MS STORE and bought the Upgrade. It all went well. BUT THERE IS NO LICENCE KEY with the purchase. The system says "Windows is not activated" and problem shooting says "cannot be...
  3. Applications I bought from Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Applications I bought from Microsoft store: Can i get a list of applications I bought from Microsoft store. I purchased some applications but I want to install them later . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applications-i-bought-from-microsoft-store/1c75845e-2c62-4ffe-8b1b-8d68e5c233fa
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday): I have spent at least 5 hours on this, possibly 10 or more. I have Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.737), activated, bought with a new Acer several months ago. Yesterday I bought the Windows 10 pro upgrade for $99 + tax at Microsoft. The activation page...
  5. Can't find Windows 10 Pro I bought from Store

Can't find Windows 10 Pro I bought from Store: Hello, I bought Windows 10 Pro from the Store, so I could upgrade from Windows Home. My order was confirmed in my email. However, I can't find any link to a product key, or download page. Nor has my computer automatically installed it, even though it did install some...
  6. Just purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft strore and I can't find it - I bought...

Just purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft strore and I can't find it - I bought...: Just purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft strore and I can't find it - I bought it to change my language from Chinese to English because I can't read anything - please help...
  7. Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro.: Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro. I followed the directions and reinstalled but now I still have Win10 Home (and a bunch of missing drivers). How do I find my product key to redo the install of Win 10 Pro. I bought from within my Microsoft account that I have...
  8. I bought Windows 10 Home from the store to activate windows but it won't work

I bought Windows 10 Home from the store to activate windows but it won't work: I just keep getting the same messege "something went wrong, and we weren't able to make your copy of Windows genuin" I did get an e-mail confirming the purchase but i can't even download it from there due to the download link also being broken giving me the "We are sorry, the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store: Got a new laptop that comes with Windows 10 Home(activated). I just bought the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro. After installation, the version that i have now is Windows 10 Enterprise instead. It's not activated and I can't even activate it nor run the troubleshooter....
  10. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ...

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store fails ...: Hello, I am trying to upgrade/activate Windows 10 Pro that I purchased through the Microsoft Store for my Acer Aspire Laptop that had come with Windows 10 Home OEM installed. I am able to download the files and Windows performs the upgrade after a couple of minutes and a...