Windows 10: I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ?

Discus and support I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I mistakenly wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I get it back ? Glen Syme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Monty Milford, Jan 13, 2021.

1. I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ?

I mistakenly wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I get it back ? Glen Syme

:)

Monty Milford, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Pixie Win User

Wipe and install Win 7

I am beyond happy with this OS, and wish to install Win 7 wiping Win 10, can someone offer me a step by step guide please

Pixie, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ? [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Jan 13, 2021
  4. I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ?

Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ?

1. I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ? - Similar Threads - inadvertaily wiped computer

2. how many computers can i install win 11 on with new lic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how many computers can i install win 11 on with new lic: how many computers can i install win 11 on with new lic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-i-install-win-11-on-with/541253c9-5cbc-471e-b40b-e42009777453
  3. how many computers can i install win 11 on with new lic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how many computers can i install win 11 on with new lic: how many computers can i install win 11 on with new lic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-computers-can-i-install-win-11-on-with/541253c9-5cbc-471e-b40b-e42009777453
  4. Microsoft CPS document writer disappeared from my computer - how can I re-install it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft CPS document writer disappeared from my computer - how can I re-install it?: Hello, I tried to print to PDF/email/save invoices from Quickbooks and after troubleshooting, it appears that Microsoft XPS document writer is missing from my computer. I have looked under apps and printers and cannot find it. How can I reinstall it on my computer?...
  5. Microsoft CPS document writer disappeared from my computer - how can I re-install it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft CPS document writer disappeared from my computer - how can I re-install it?: Hello, I tried to print to PDF/email/save invoices from Quickbooks and after troubleshooting, it appears that Microsoft XPS document writer is missing from my computer. I have looked under apps and printers and cannot find it. How can I reinstall it on my computer?...
  6. Microsoft CPS document writer disappeared from my computer - how can I re-install it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why can I not re-install Win 10 Pro???

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why can I not re-install Win 10 Pro???: I bought win 10 pro from microsoft store, I had to reload PC, now I cannot restore to Win 10 Pro.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-re-install-win-10-pro/1d3ffc74-81f2-4125-962c-485f0a7a2450
  8. How can I re-install InstallShield?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I re-install InstallShield?: Can you tell me how to re-install InstallShield please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-re-install-installshield/3fc3d657-1b15-4d27-b3f7-e574fc66e9ae"
  9. How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?: Hi About 2 years ago, I upgrade my genuine copy of Win 7 to Win 10 from Microsoft's site directly for free, but after some month I uninstall it because of some errors. Now I want to know how can I install Win 10 for free again on the same computer? I have only my product key...
  10. Can I upgrade my computer after Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I upgrade my computer after Win 10 install: I upgraded 2 tablets and 2 laptops from Win 7/8.1 to 10 and so far so good. Even the wife likes it (that is huge). Now it's time to get Win10 onto my main/gaming computer (home build system). There are some things, I can't seem to find the answers to. What, how often and...