Windows 10: I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ?

Discus and support I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I mistakenly wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I get it back ? Glen Syme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Monty Milford, Jan 13, 2021.

1. I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ?

I mistakenly wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I get it back ? Glen Syme

:)

Monty Milford, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Pixie Win User

Wipe and install Win 7

I am beyond happy with this OS, and wish to install Win 7 wiping Win 10, can someone offer me a step by step guide please

Pixie, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ? [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Jan 13, 2021
  4. I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ?

Wiping computer

Your report suggests that your installation has suffered some damage which prevents Windows from doing a reset. In such stubborn cases I would do this:

1. Create a new media installation disk:

Windows 10 herunterladen
    2. Run setup.exe on this disk.
    It would wipe everything, including your data and all applications.

Frederik Long, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ?

1. I inadvertaily wiped Win 10 from my new computer, how can I re-install it ? - Similar Threads - inadvertaily wiped computer

2. How can I get my HP Envy to print from my Win 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I get my HP Envy to print from my Win 10 computer?: I have followed all suggestions here and those on MS support. Printer still won't print. The non-printing started in early November 2020. I tried System Restore, updating HP Envy 5052 drivers mine were already up to date, removing and reinstalling the HP printer using...
  3. Wipe and re-install Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wipe and re-install Windows: I have an older desktop computer that I want to wipe clean and re-install the operating system. It’s was upgraded to Windows 10 PRO from Windows 7 PRO quite a while ago. The original factory image that came the computer is Windows 7 and no longer supported. So, if I...
  4. How can I re-install InstallShield?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I re-install InstallShield?: Can you tell me how to re-install InstallShield please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-re-install-installshield/3fc3d657-1b15-4d27-b3f7-e574fc66e9ae"
  5. How can I send a Fax from my computer in Win 10 on wireless network

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I send a Fax from my computer in Win 10 on wireless network: How can I send a Fax free on wireless network inWin 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-send-a-fax-from-my-computer-in-win-10-on/8181fa3d-cf81-485c-a00f-297f3c6cd3db
  6. How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?

How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?: Hi About 2 years ago, I upgrade my genuine copy of Win 7 to Win 10 from Microsoft's site directly for free, but after some month I uninstall it because of some errors. Now I want to know how can I install Win 10 for free again on the same computer? I have only my product key...
  7. Can not repair, reset or re-install and it seems my data was wiped...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not repair, reset or re-install and it seems my data was wiped...: Hi, I can't boot my computer. I initially had a horrible BSOD that claimed avgidsha.sys was the culprit. I renamed it and other av files; but still had problems. Occasionally, I would be able to troubleshoot, but after losing that ability, I found out if I installed...
  8. Can I upgrade my computer after Win 10 install

Can I upgrade my computer after Win 10 install: I upgraded 2 tablets and 2 laptops from Win 7/8.1 to 10 and so far so good. Even the wife likes it (that is huge). Now it's time to get Win10 onto my main/gaming computer (home build system). There are some things, I can't seem to find the answers to. What, how often and...
  9. how can I wipe my SSD clean?

how can I wipe my SSD clean?: On my computer, I have an SSD that was originally for a Vista computer. I'd like to wipe it clean to either toss it out or save it for future use. However is it a good idea to save it for future use? --- Do modern SSD's have better technology and performance? Either way,...
  10. Wiping my PC can I Install windows 10 without Prior Win OS?

Wiping my PC can I Install windows 10 without Prior Win OS?: Hello Everyone, Once or twice a year I wipe my whole PC and it is time to do another one. I usually install a full version of XP then upgrade to win 8.1. Do I need to still do that or can I just pop in Windows 10 Bootable disc to start the re installation process? If that...