Windows 10: I installed 2 hard drives with win 10 on them and...

Discus and support I installed 2 hard drives with win 10 on them and... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I needed to reformat on but they did some funky stuff like mesh files. I did get the 2nd drive formatted and windows is working but it will not keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by n2ihc, Dec 4, 2020.

1. n2ihc Win User

I installed 2 hard drives with win 10 on them and...

I needed to reformat on but they did some funky stuff like mesh files. I did get the 2nd drive formatted and windows is working but it will not keep me logged in and there are still some "greyed out folders that I can't delete that say they need an administrator to remove.

Is there an easy way to fix this?

:)

n2ihc, Dec 4, 2020
  2. little cat, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Installing the Win 10 upgrade on a new hard drive

I have an HP computer that recently informed me that there was "no boot disk in drive and could not read the hard drive" or words to that effect. I tried to restart several times with no success. Eventually, it did nothing; no message at all. I talked to
    several "experts" and they told me I needed to buy a new version of Win 10, another said you needed a new hard drive and install Win 10. I followed these instructions but nothing happened. The were no instructions received with the new hard drive although
    it seemed fairly simple. Win 10 came with 3 steps as follows:

1. Insert USB into device port.

2. Power on computer and configure it to boot from USB drive.

3. If prompted enter your product key.

I didn't get past Nr 2.

How do I do Nr 2 when the computer reacts to nothing.

Any ideas what is wrong.

RobertLauck, Dec 4, 2020
  4. I installed 2 hard drives with win 10 on them and...

Windows 10 won't boot with another hard drive

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide details.

1) On which hard drive, you are trying to install Windows 10?

2) What is the size of the drive, where you are trying to install Windows 10?

I would suggest you to perform Check Disk on your hard drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Cskdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

I installed 2 hard drives with win 10 on them and...

1. I installed 2 hard drives with win 10 on them and... - Similar Threads - installed hard drives

2. Win 7 install after hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 install after hard drive: My Dell Desktop PC came with Win 10. I hate Win 10, Could not duel boot with Win 7 so I debaned HD and tried to install Win 7. Would not install. Kept getting notice “Setup does not support configuration of or installation top disks connected through a USB or IEEE 1394 port.”...
  3. hard drive/ Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive/ Win 10: I have an HP touch screen laptop with a bad hard drive and wanted to install a hard drive froma Toshiba with problems but a good hard drive. I want to remove everything that has to do with Toshiba from the hard drive and load Windows 10. I had tried the Toshiba hard drive and...
  4. Missing hard drive after win 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing hard drive after win 10 install: I recently installed windows 10 on a computer as a dual boot with windows 7. In win 7 there were 2 hard drives and 3 optical with all being accessible. I partitioned the C drive and installed 10 successfully. Win 7 still sees all drives as previously. I have just noticed...
  5. install Win 10 on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install Win 10 on external hard drive: Hello, I wonder if there is a chance to install Win 10 on external hard drive (USB 3.0 ) I tryied win to usb but the free ver doesnt support the latest windown 10 1089 . Thanks in advance 131215
  6. install Win 10 on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    install Win 10 on external hard drive: Hello, I wonder if there is a chance to install Win 10 on external hard drive (USB 3.0 ) I tryied win to usb but the free ver doesnt support the latest windown 10 1089 . Thanks in advance 131215
  7. installing Win 10 on new hard drive

installing Win 10 on new hard drive: Hi I have a peculiar problem. recently my Lenovo G50-80 crashed. When inserting a bootable Win 10 repair/recovery flash drive, it would not boot from it even though boot order was changed accordingly in BIOS. I eventually resorted to removing the hdd, after which the...
  8. 2 Windows 10 Installs, 2 Hard Drives, 1 PC

2 Windows 10 Installs, 2 Hard Drives, 1 PC: Hi, I'm sure this is easy and obvious but I can't find an easy guide of what I need to do. Basically my current set up is a Win 10 PC with the OS on an SSD, another SSD and a HDD. I want to add another HDD with a new Win 10 Licence so I can have the option of which to...
  9. Missing Hard drive after installing Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Hard drive after installing Win 10: Hi, So my buddy installed Windows 10 and now one of his hard drives simply will not show up. It's listed in device manager but not in explorer. He had Vista installed and made a clean install of 10. Any clues how he should go about getting the drive to show up without...
  10. Win 10 installed on separate hard drive changes win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 installed on separate hard drive changes win 7: I installed Windows 10 on a separate hard drive in my computer to keep from messing up my Windows 7 installation. It appears windows 10 still makes changes to windows 7 even on a separate hard drive. See attached picture. I can not correct this using the system repair disk or...