Windows 10: I installed 2004 Windows Update, now all my registry tweaks are gone

Discus and support I installed 2004 Windows Update, now all my registry tweaks are gone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title. (I have the windows.old folder if that makes a difference) submitted by /u/LukaTAG [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LukaTAG, May 30, 2020.

1. I installed 2004 Windows Update, now all my registry tweaks are gone

Title.

(I have the windows.old folder if that makes a difference)

submitted by /u/LukaTAG
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LukaTAG, May 30, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 30, 2020
  3. Registry tweaks

Why?

Save a
    System Image Backup,

Set
    System Restore
    point

Backup the registry:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Then you have three separate backups you'll probably need.

If this is to improve performance, no registry tweaks will compare to having a good solid install like the one compiled in

Clean Install Windows 10.

You will get and keep the best possible install to the exact extent you stick with the steps, tools and methods in

Clean Install Windows 10

Short of that you can go over the
    Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist - Microsoft Community
    to make sure it's set up correctly, optimized for best performance and any needed repairs get done.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 30, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

I installed 2004 Windows Update, now all my registry tweaks are gone

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 30, 2020
Thema:

I installed 2004 Windows Update, now all my registry tweaks are gone

1. I installed 2004 Windows Update, now all my registry tweaks are gone - Similar Threads - installed 2004 Update

2. Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience: Tweaking the registry is sometimes necessary to modify certain settings or configurations of a Windows operating system. The registry is a hierarchical database that stores various settings and options for Windows. It includes system configuration, device drivers, installed...
  3. Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience: Tweaking the registry is sometimes necessary to modify certain settings or configurations of a Windows operating system. The registry is a hierarchical database that stores various settings and options for Windows. It includes system configuration, device drivers, installed...
  4. Windows Registry Tweaks to Improve Performance and Experience

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.: Running windows 11 on a Dell, it does nightly updates and restarts, this time it deleted all of my files and most of them are for school. I need it back immediately, it was just fine the other day....
  6. Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.: Running windows 11 on a Dell, it does nightly updates and restarts, this time it deleted all of my files and most of them are for school. I need it back immediately, it was just fine the other day....
  7. I just updates Windows and now all of my documents, images, and desktop icons are GONE!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just updates Windows and now all of my documents, images, and desktop icons are GONE!: I just did the update for Windows on my Lenovo Laptop. After it restarted a few times, I tried to log in and after putting my PIN or using thumbprint, I got a message that said "User profile could not be loaded". I finally go Windows to open using the F8 option. I found a...
  8. i did a update and all my stuff is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i did a update and all my stuff is gone: I did a update and all my stuff is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-update-and-all-my-stuff-is-gone/77ef77ff-5c62-49ec-b73f-12cec50eeb11"
  9. Windows 10 registry tweak to make all tiles small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 registry tweak to make all tiles small: Hello, I would like to resize all my Windows 10 tiles to "small," and right-clicking them one by one is tedious. Is there a registry setting that could be changed in order to: (1) make all existing tiles small? or (2) default all new tiles to the small...
  10. My registry got corrupted and now I can't boot at all..

in Windows 10 Support
    My registry got corrupted and now I can't boot at all..: so guys my registry got corrupted because of my stupidity but fortunately I have a backup but I don't know how to import my backuped registry Important Points I have tried all the safe modes but still can't get into the computer I have another window 10 install on my...