Windows 10: I installed a cracked plugin which infected my laptop

Discus and support I installed a cracked plugin which infected my laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Everyone!I installed a cracked plugin which infected my laptop. I've already reset my PCWindow defender isn't working and window update is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GhazaliAslam, May 17, 2022.

1. I installed a cracked plugin which infected my laptop

Hello Everyone!I installed a cracked plugin which infected my laptop. I've already reset my PCWindow defender isn't working and window update is showing error 0x80070424I've tried some repairs and I've reached to the conclusion that there's a malware or virus that keeps adding disableantispyware and disableroutinelytakingaction in registry of my window defenderAny solution please

:)

GhazaliAslam, May 17, 2022

2. IrfanView + Plugin Pack

I'd suggest IrfanView + Plugin Pack (I've used it for ~10 years).

It lets you:
    • View images (multiple formats)
    • View videos (multiple formats)
    • Listen to audio (multiple formats)
    • Read txt & pdf files (probably other types too)
    It's is one of the first programs I install in my Windows OS installs.

lehnerus2000, May 17, 2022
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, May 17, 2022
  4. bruinator Win User

I installed a cracked plugin which infected my laptop

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, May 17, 2022
Thema:

I installed a cracked plugin which infected my laptop

1. I installed a cracked plugin which infected my laptop - Similar Threads - installed cracked plugin

2. is my laptop infected with a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is my laptop infected with a virus?: Hi, My laptop is a Lenovo intel Celeron rom 4gb ram 1 tb. I've been using this laptop since 2019 but since last year its been slow. especially after a threat was detected on my system. i used the offline windows defender to clear out threats but that has made my laptop...
  3. is my laptop infected with a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is my laptop infected with a virus?: Hi, My laptop is a Lenovo intel Celeron rom 4gb ram 1 tb. I've been using this laptop since 2019 but since last year its been slow. especially after a threat was detected on my system. i used the offline windows defender to clear out threats but that has made my laptop...
  4. I installed cracked application and now i've got a malware which windows defender detects...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I installed cracked application and now i've got a malware which windows defender detects...: im clicking on remove but it doesn't get removed or quarantinedi've done full scan but it stops half way and settings crashes and shows the scan reports in which this malware can be found , i've alse donw widows offline scan but problem still not solvedI'm getting this :and...
  5. I have been infected with malware which destroyed my data

I have been infected with malware which destroyed my data: Hi everyone! My laptopwindows 8.1 was attacked by a trojan a year ago. All my data got dissapeard and locked with a MAAS suffix. Here are two questions: 1• Is there any way i could get my data back? I've got to say that i deleted and uploaded some files to my laptop...
  6. computer cracked during installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer cracked during installation: Hi, during installation of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: Premium Deluxe Order 6862641295 computer, after downloadin about 15 Giga suddenly completely stopped. No combination was able to restart it. Result is that I unpleasantlly lost my downloading. Payment was regularly...
  7. Rootkit infection on my laptop

Rootkit infection on my laptop: Hello, My laptop was recently attacked by ransomeware and my norton security detected it and removed 12 ransomewares but it couldn't remove last one and asked me to remove it manually and I removed it.Then it asked me to restart the laptop.After restarting I saw that norton...
  8. Plugins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plugins: Hi I installed all Windows Media player plugins in Windows 10 that I could find on Microsoft Website yesterday. Some are good... Others not or gets blocked by defender from accessing some folders and gets disabled. I can not remove them from the options menu and plugins...
  9. plugins

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    plugins: I got a message when I wanted to watch an episode that "This plugin is not supported". Where do I get free download for plugin for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/plugins/54bded07-8cda-4f72-985c-6272cd2c8326
  10. Which software to install to secure my laptop ?

Which software to install to secure my laptop ?: Hello, I installed on my laptop ( Windows 10 Home) following software : - Bitdefender Total Security 2017 - Iobit Advanced System Care Ultimate 10 - CCleaner Professional and - Malwarebytes Premium. Is this OK or too much or can one of the above, for example...