Windows 10: I installed a custom system font and I can't return to default.

Discus and support I installed a custom system font and I can't return to default. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Now I have a weird box separating my hours and minutes in the system clock.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GabenATX, Oct 10, 2020.

1. GabenATX Win User

I installed a custom system font and I can't return to default.

Now I have a weird box separating my hours and minutes in the system clock.

:)

GabenATX, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Oct 10, 2020
  3. RESETTING THE DEFAULT FONTS?

Hello,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you delete any fonts from the system?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • When you say ''Tried the one in the font menu but it didn't work!
      ‘’did you tried the option Restore default fonts settings? If not you can try the below steps.
    Let’s try to restore the default fonts settings and check if this helps.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Font settings on the left pane and click on
      Restore default fonts settings.

• Click on OK.
    Check if this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 10, 2020
  4. VRSAnand Win User

System font on windows10

Please help to restore default system font as all of sudden different font style is coming and I have not made any changes in system. And, have already tried below options suggested in other thread but no luck.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click Control Panel.

c: Then click Fonts.

d: Then click Font Settings.

e: Now click Restore default font settings.

2. Last restore point was of 03/23/2018.

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Search for Recovery.
    • Choose the restore point to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next.
    • Click Finish.

Output: System restore failed.

Waiting for your inputs to restore default system font. Thanks

VRSAnand, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. I installed a custom system font and I can't return to default. - Similar Threads - installed custom system

2. I want to change Windows 10 system font to default one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to change Windows 10 system font to default one: Hey, i recently changed my Windows 10 font. But it caused some problems, then I decided to change it back to default one. I used the same method again but nothing changed. How do I change this to default one? Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  3. Blurry / Too large custom default font?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry / Too large custom default font?: I know there’s probably not much I can do to aid the problem but I thought I might as well try. I’ve been wanting to use a custom font for a while and decided to finally try it through a couple of methods (registry, winaero tweaker, other third party apps) but I always run...
  4. How to restore default system fonts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore default system fonts?: [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm a designer and recently installed some very bold variants of Helvetica Neue on my PC. It works fine for my purposes but has taken over as the default system font - as you can see in the attached screenshot of a random webpage. Wherever another font is...
  5. how to install default font

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to install default font: Hey! I am Chinmay and I am a graphic designer I used to install many fonts to make my designs so I was finding it difficult to find the right font because many preinstalled fonts were annoying me so..... I thought to uninstall all those fonts. but ended up uninstalling the...
  6. Why can't I install fonts by dragging them into the fonts panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why can't I install fonts by dragging them into the fonts panel?: I used to be able to install fonts (ttf or otf files) by dragging them into the Fonts Appearance panel. Since a couple of weeks this doesn't do anything anymore (as in, nothing happens after dragging the file, not even an error message) and I have to install my fonts manually...
  7. custom fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom fonts: I wish to make a custom font i downloaded online my default font. The font in question is "Rogue Hero Regular" the reason for this font is i wish to make my laptop deadpool themed. Yet when i set it as my "default font" through the .reg method it still reverses back to...
  8. Returning customer campaign

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Returning customer campaign: I had been using window laptop very long time , i looking forward to find a stronger gaming laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/returning-customer-campaign/7466d8b1-3940-4c54-a11a-e88cf2819248
  9. Windows 10 system default font

Windows 10 system default font: The font reset does not work in control panel. How do I reset the windows 10 system font. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-system-default-font/e8529ab8-1305-4a83-8deb-4cadcadfcc7d
  10. Custom font sizes revert to default at login

Custom font sizes revert to default at login: When I change the individual-element font sizes (in Control Panel> Display), they look fine for that session, but go right back to the default the next time I log in. How can that be prevented? I upgrade 2 machines to Win10 and thought I configured them identically but this...