Windows 10: I installed a game but when I try to open it it opens then closes right away

Discus and support I installed a game but when I try to open it it opens then closes right away in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just installed call of duty infinite warfare from the windows store and wheI got done installing it after a boring 5 hours it wouldnt open! Anybody... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlieMcWilliams1, Dec 22, 2020.

1. I installed a game but when I try to open it it opens then closes right away

I just installed call of duty infinite warfare from the windows store and wheI got done installing it after a boring 5 hours it wouldnt open! Anybody have a fix for this?

:)

CharlieMcWilliams1, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Fedell6 Win User

Games closing or not opening properly

I have several Bigfish games which I have installed on a new laptop running Windows 10. All games will close unexpectedly and repeatedly during game play, sometimes up to 4 times within 20 seconds. The icon returns to the task bar and when I click on it again it states the game was paused. This is very irritating, many are quite new games which are supposed to be windows 10 compatible. Others which are older games do not open in a full window although full screen is selected. I have had more than one online chat with Microsoft about this issue and have tried all their suggestions: uninstalling - re-installing the games, checking the compatibility troubleshooter, re-starting computer, running updates etc, and nothing has worked. Does anyone on the forum have a suggestion of what I might try as this is the only thing I do not like about this computer? *Zip

Fedell6, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Ketxxx Win User

I installed a game but when I try to open it it opens then closes right away

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

I installed a game but when I try to open it it opens then closes right away

1. I installed a game but when I try to open it it opens then closes right away - Similar Threads - installed game try

2. my Windows setup opens and closes when I try to open!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Windows setup opens and closes when I try to open!: When I try to open any type of Windows setting, it opens and closes, the programs are working normally. I don't know if it was after I tried to change the computer's language and ended up messing with the system registry....
  3. my Windows setup opens and closes when I try to open!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Windows setup opens and closes when I try to open!: When I try to open any type of Windows setting, it opens and closes, the programs are working normally. I don't know if it was after I tried to change the computer's language and ended up messing with the system registry....
  4. my Windows setup opens and closes when I try to open!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to open program or game, it closes itself: Hi, guys! From 4-5 days when I try to open any program or game p.e Visual Studio, IntelliJ or some game, it shows the starting window and then it closes itself and opens folders from the local disks? What could be wrong ? Could the problem be in the HDD ?...
  6. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

When trying to open program or game, it closes itself: Hi, guys! From 4-5 days when I try to open any program or game p.e Visual Studio, IntelliJ or some game, it shows the starting window and then it closes itself and opens folders from the local disks? What could be wrong ? Could the problem be in the HDD ?...
  7. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Microsoft opening and then closing right away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft opening and then closing right away: hey I need help with my Microsoft store so at first that I accidentally delete this game named Minecraft and I was trying to download as back from Microsoft store and when I try to give me an error when I try to download something else and I also gave me error so I watch some...
  9. Microsoft opening and then closing right away

Microsoft opening and then closing right away: hey I need help with my Microsoft store so at first that I accidentally delete this game named Minecraft and I was trying to download as back from Microsoft store and when I try to give me an error when I try to download something else and I also gave me error so I watch some...
  10. Whenever I open a program, it seems to close down right away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whenever I open a program, it seems to close down right away: Everytime I open programs such as games on steam they seem to close down right away, this also seems to happen whenever I open Spotify. I've noticed my apps are working perfectly fine, so is chrome, and so is my Discord. I don't know what happened, but since last night this...