Windows 10: I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...

Discus and support I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I downloaded Sea Of Thieves onto my secondary hard drive and it was running really slow. So I made space on my SSD and tried to transfer it over using... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GunnMann, Nov 25, 2018.

1. GunnMann Win User

I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...

I downloaded Sea Of Thieves onto my secondary hard drive and it was running really slow. So I made space on my SSD and tried to transfer it over using the Move command in the Settings panel.. My computer crashed half way through the transfer and now I can't resume the transfer or uninstall the game.

The Microsoft Store still thinks the game is still installed, but under the Apps & Featured menu there is a blank application that is the same size as the game but it won't uninstall...

Is there any way to hunt down the files and delete them manually? I have tried some 3rd party uninstall programs but none of them register the program as installed.

I think the program is eating up 40 gigs of space on both of my HDs and I want to play it.

When I click on the item in the Start Menu it gives me this error: We’re updating ms-resource:AppNameShippingClient. It should be ready to use again shortly.

:)

GunnMann, Nov 25, 2018

2. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Platibus Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Nov 25, 2018
  4. I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...

little cat, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...

1. I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,... - Similar Threads - installed game Microsoft

2. Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer: I bought a laptop last year and was able to transfer my apps and files from my old laptop to my new one quite easily.Over the summer, I had to have the motherboard replaced by the manufacturer and it was like I had a new PC - i.e., I had to set up Windows, find my Microsoft...
  3. Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer: I bought a laptop last year and was able to transfer my apps and files from my old laptop to my new one quite easily.Over the summer, I had to have the motherboard replaced by the manufacturer and it was like I had a new PC - i.e., I had to set up Windows, find my Microsoft...
  4. Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned: I have a game installed on an old computer. It says "This product is installed" and it allows me to open the game and play it. It also gives me the option to "Buy to own", which I assume would give me full control and allow me to install this game on 10 different devices as I...
  6. Copy game install from Microsoft Store to another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy game install from Microsoft Store to another PC: Hi, I purchased Forza Horizon 4 from the Microsoft Store. I can only access the internet by tethering with my phone. So I downloaded the game to my laptop using Hotel/Cafe Wifi; it took me about a month. The first time I downloaded it failed and the only fix to was to...
  7. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...
  8. How to transfer all data from hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer all data from hard drive to another?: I am upgrading from hard drive to ssd, how can i transfer ALL my data/ files/ games? Do i just plug them both in and copy paste? submitted by /u/icantchoosename123 [link] [comments]...
  9. transfer one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer one hard drive to another?: How to I transfer One Hard drive to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-one-hard-drive-to-another/0999f86b-9ea6-439b-84b4-e510b8a0e59a"
  10. Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another: I have an old computer that has win 10 on a SSD. I'd like to transfer the old SSD to a completely new rig and get rid of the old hardware. How do I do it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer microsoft store games to different drive

2. can i transfer microsoft store games from hard drive to another

3. Transfer installed games from hard drive to hard drive

4. microsoft store pc transfer games to ssd