Windows 10: I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...

Discus and support I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I downloaded Sea Of Thieves onto my secondary hard drive and it was running really slow. So I made space on my SSD and tried to transfer it over using... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GunnMann, Nov 25, 2018.

1. GunnMann Win User

I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...

I downloaded Sea Of Thieves onto my secondary hard drive and it was running really slow. So I made space on my SSD and tried to transfer it over using the Move command in the Settings panel.. My computer crashed half way through the transfer and now I can't resume the transfer or uninstall the game.

The Microsoft Store still thinks the game is still installed, but under the Apps & Featured menu there is a blank application that is the same size as the game but it won't uninstall...

Is there any way to hunt down the files and delete them manually? I have tried some 3rd party uninstall programs but none of them register the program as installed.

I think the program is eating up 40 gigs of space on both of my HDs and I want to play it.

When I click on the item in the Start Menu it gives me this error: We’re updating ms-resource:AppNameShippingClient. It should be ready to use again shortly.

:)

GunnMann, Nov 25, 2018

2. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Platibus Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Nov 25, 2018
  4. I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...

little cat, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...

1. I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,... - Similar Threads - installed game Microsoft

2. Can I transfer a game from one microsoft account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer a game from one microsoft account to another?: When minecraft windows 10 was announced years ago, I redeemed it on an account, and currently I do not use that account. I made a new account with my main email address much later, as I forgot about my old one, which is now the account I have all my friends on and my...
  3. I can't install game from Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't install game from Microsoft store: I uninstalled Forza Horizon 4 from my notebook and now I gonna install it back but when I hit the install and choose a disk to use already but nothing happens and not have an error code. So, I try it again and check the storage and internet and install it again but it still...
  4. Transfering Windows Store games to another PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfering Windows Store games to another PC: So, I've downloaded a bunch of games from my account to my notebook (a friend of mine has a pretty fast internet, so I went there with the notebook to download) and wanted to copy the files to my PC, but I'm tied up in the windowsapps folder permission shenanigans. I've...
  5. Copy a Microsoft Store game to hard drive?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Copy a Microsoft Store game to hard drive?: Me and my brother both own Gears of War 4 on the PC. However for some ungodly reason the download is over 100gb. My internet isn't the best and it took me a day and a half to download this game. Now what I'd normally do with literally any other game is copy it to my hard...
  6. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10: I had Astroneer installed on my computer and logged on today to play the 1.0 release only to find it wasn't updated. So I tried to find a way to update it through the store, however, was unable to do so. Then I thought I would uninstall the game and reinstall it to get the...
  7. I cant install any games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install any games from the Microsoft Store: I bought the xbox game pass, but I can't download any games. When I see the catalog from my internet browser, it says that the game is available to download because it is in the pack, but then it takes me to the Microsoft Store app and there the only thing I can do is write a...
  8. Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another: I have an old computer that has win 10 on a SSD. I'd like to transfer the old SSD to a completely new rig and get rid of the old hardware. How do I do it?...
  9. I have bought a compatible Game from Microsoft Store, however when trying to install it I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bought a compatible Game from Microsoft Store, however when trying to install it I...: I have bought Minecraft game for my kids after I reviewed the System Requirements which showed "This product should work on this device" message on my Windows 10 Pro device. After purchasing the game and trying to install it I get this error message and I am not able to...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive without reinstalling it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i transfer microsoft store games from hard drive to another

2. Transfer installed games from hard drive to hard drive

3. microsoft store pc transfer games to ssd