Windows 10: I installed a new version of windows with new product key, I need to retrieve my old...

Discus and support I installed a new version of windows with new product key, I need to retrieve my old... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I installed a new version of windows with new product key, I need to retrieve my old product key from my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SamhaCQ, Dec 18, 2018.

1. SamhaCQ Win User

I installed a new version of windows with new product key, I need to retrieve my old...

I installed a new version of windows with new product key, I need to retrieve my old product key from my pc

:)

SamhaCQ, Dec 18, 2018

2. New Version of Windows XP to Combat Lack of Product Keys

The current version of Windows XP Service Pack 2.0b is currently running very low on product keys, due to piracy the surprising longevity of the product. And so, to combat the lack of product keys, Microsoft is creating a fresh batch by releasing Windows XP Service Pack 2.0c. There should be no major differences, other than the latest patches built in and the new abundance of keys.

This version of XP will only be available to OEM system builders, and will only be in the market until Windows XP's official EoL date: January 31st 2009. Retail copies of Windows XP will stop shipping on the January 31st 2008.

Source: Technet

zekrahminator, Dec 18, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 18, 2018
  4. EliSherer Win User

I installed a new version of windows with new product key, I need to retrieve my old...

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. I installed a new version of windows with new product key, I need to retrieve my old... - Similar Threads - installed version product

2. I needed to buy a new product key will the install delete my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I needed to buy a new product key will the install delete my files?: I am fixing up my husbands old gaming pc that he built 10 years ago and it’s still running windows 7 however the lower right corner does say it is not a genuine copy. I do not have internet access at the moment and had to buy a physical disk of windows from Walmart and don’t...
  3. I needed to buy a new product key will the install delete my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I needed to buy a new product key will the install delete my files?: I am fixing up my husbands old gaming pc that he built 10 years ago and it’s still running windows 7 however the lower right corner does say it is not a genuine copy. I do not have internet access at the moment and had to buy a physical disk of windows from Walmart and don’t...
  4. My old hard drive went bad and I need a new product key for my new rig.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old hard drive went bad and I need a new product key for my new rig.: Upgraded to a new SSD and I can't get my old Windows Product Key for activation. Can you send my old one or send one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-old-hard-drive-went-bad-and-i-need-a-new/1c2d114f-d7ec-443f-bcea-80dce9a4d90e
  5. My old hard drive went bad and I need a new product key for my new rig.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My old hard drive went bad and I need a new product key for my new rig.: Upgraded to a new SSD and I can't get my old Windows Product Key for activation. Can you send my old one or send one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-old-hard-drive-went-bad-and-i-need-a-new/1c2d114f-d7ec-443f-bcea-80dce9a4d90e
  6. My old hard drive went bad and I need a new product key for my new rig.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Do I need to buy a new product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need to buy a new product key?: I recently built a new PC, and need to activate windows on this new one. A friend of mine told me I could contact support and have them give me a product key, but I couldnt find any info on it. Do I need to buy a new one or can I get a free one? -The last PC I had was...
  8. Retrieve Windows 10 Professional product key for a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retrieve Windows 10 Professional product key for a new PC: Hi all, Recently my old PC which had Win 10 Pro on it died. The hard drive died. I am building a new PC and I would like to reuse the Win 10 Pro license that I had. Is there a way to retrieve the key so that I can use Win 10 again for my new PC? Kind regards...
  9. New product key needed

New product key needed: My mate sold me his old laptop after he upfraded os from windows 8 to windows 10 pro. Now every time i turn on the laptop it asks for an activation key. Can i purchase the activation key on its own without buying the os software?...
  10. New Product Key needed - help !

New Product Key needed - help !: i am not tech savvy so please be gentle! I bought a Lenovo laptop in January via a company on Amazon for personal use. It was faulty and the company exchanged it. It was a good spec for the money. I suspect that the company supplies in bulk to organisations and this was a...