Windows 10: I installed a new Windows 10 and it did not delete my old profile. Now I don't have admin...

Discus and support I installed a new Windows 10 and it did not delete my old profile. Now I don't have admin... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed a new Windows 10 and it did not delete my old profile. Now I don't have admin privileges to my old files How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phondo2, Jun 14, 2020.

1. phondo2 Win User

I installed a new Windows 10 and it did not delete my old profile. Now I don't have admin...

I installed a new Windows 10 and it did not delete my old profile. Now I don't have admin privileges to my old files How can I fix this?

:)

phondo2, Jun 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 startmenu and Cortana don´t work with mandatory profile

In this case, we strongly suggest that you create a new admin profile and disable the default profile. To do this, please follow these steps.

1.Insert the Windows 10 Release Preview Installation Disc and restart the computer (If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc.) If you do not have a disc create one from this link on another
    computer:

2. Click on Repair your System.

3. Click on command prompt

4. Type the command below and press enter.

net user Administrator /active:yes

Restart the computer to login to admin account.

Note: Disable the built-in account after performing the troubleshooting using command:

net user administrator /active:no

Method 2:

Try creating new user account after enabling then admin account.

Follow the steps below:

• In search, type User Account.

• Select manage another account.

• Select Add a new user in this PC account.

• Click on Add someone else to this PC and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep us updated.

Richard tie, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink I installed a new Windows 10 and it did not delete my old profile. Now I don't have admin... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jun 14, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

I installed a new Windows 10 and it did not delete my old profile. Now I don't have admin...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. I installed a new Windows 10 and it did not delete my old profile. Now I don't have admin... - Similar Threads - installed did delete

2. Add new Admin...delete old one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add new Admin...delete old one: Recently started a new job. The computer I'm using belonged to someone else previously. I was given their log in info so that I can use the files they created. They are now gone from the company. What's the best way for me to be able to actually log in as me, and still use...
  3. Old work computer on old domain and I don't have admin credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old work computer on old domain and I don't have admin credentials: I was given my old work computer after our company sold and I just realized I don't have any of the admin credentials. I would like to remove the computer from the domain so I can have admin privileges and add virus protection, etc. Every time I do anything, it asks for...
  4. Windows did load old windows profile into my computer and deleted mine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows did load old windows profile into my computer and deleted mine.: Hello, i wanted to log in into my laptop, but there is only profile from my old laptop, that i used last time like 2 years ago and cant even start that laptop. i have ssd disk from that laptop in my desk . So i did log in into my old laptop windows profile with my 'new'...
  5. I don't have admin..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have admin..: Is there a way to delete applications without admin perms on my computer? submitted by /u/UrM8Ash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikbrjk/i_dont_have_admin/
  6. I made my account "Device Owner" and now I don't have admin priveleges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I made my account "Device Owner" and now I don't have admin priveleges: I couldn't get google chrome to start I'm pretty sure it was because I blocked it by accident years ago on a different computer so I tried running it as Administrator. That didn't work, so I went into my account settings and made myself "device owner." Now I don't have admin...
  7. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin: I bought a new laptop and activated my win 10 OS. I was able to install new programs for awhile,but something changed and now I can't download new programs or update existing programs. Whenever I try to do either,a UAC windows pops-up and tells me to sign-in as Admin and the...
  8. Hey I don't have windows activated but somehow I did something and now it shows this. And...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey I don't have windows activated but somehow I did something and now it shows this. And...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Knippey [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fme2gt/hey_i_dont_have_windows_activated_but_somehow_i/
  9. I now have no Admin a/c

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I now have no Admin a/c: Windows10 Home 1903 The last time I had to reinstall Windows it created an admin account with my nickname, but I actually sign in with my Microsoft a/c. Hence, whenever I rebooted I got "wrong password" and had to click OK, when the two a/cs would show up in the bottom left...
  10. Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Group Policy delete old profiles (but not admins accounts?): Hello, Want to select to delete profiles older then 30 days, however, there is some accounts like admin and local admin I do not want it to delete as it will cause issues, what options is there? Grateful for any guidance, many thanks. 122466