Windows 10: i installed a worm virus and now my antivirus is acting weird

Discus and support i installed a worm virus and now my antivirus is acting weird in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i installed a worm virus, and i realized about 5 miniutes later and used malwarebytes to fix it, but then i looked at my widows defender and it was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Creep, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Creep Win User

i installed a worm virus and now my antivirus is acting weird

i installed a worm virus, and i realized about 5 miniutes later and used malwarebytes to fix it, but then i looked at my widows defender and it was turned off it says malwarebytes is turned on with the option to do perodic scans, this never happened before, if i press perodic scans it lets me use windows defender as normal agian but still says malwarebytes is enabled

i dont know what to do, please explain what i can do to rremove this virus from my network, or how to detect if it is

:)

Creep, Jan 30, 2021

2. Computer is acting weird

My windows 10 has been acting weird recently and it would randomly open up random apps when im not touching the computer. I have reset it many times it, tried to shut it down than turn it back on but nothing is working.its also virus protected but it still
    acts weird.

jaquelinesumba, Jan 30, 2021
  3. PC acting weird lately, virus?

Hi Kodylee,

Viruses, malware, and threats can affect the performance of your computer. It can also damage your files and make most of your programs not to work properly. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concerns, we’d like to ask
    you a few questions:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Do you have any other anti-virus programs installed on your computer?
    • When was the last time that you scan your computer manually?

In addition, we recommend performing a full system scan for your computer to see if there are viruses, malware, malicious programs or script that prevents your computer to work properly. To do this, follow these steps:

Step #1: Perform a full system scan.

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Windows Defender, then click it.
    • In Home tab, select Full under
      Scan options
    • Click Scan now to begin the thorough scanning of your computer.
    • Wait for the process to finish.
    • If there are any findings, send us the results through screenshot.
    • Before closing the application, make sure that Windows Defender is always turned on.

Step #2: Set a schedule on
    Windows Defender to perform periodic scans. Visit this link:
    Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus
    to know how to set scan schedules for your computer.

Get back to us once you provide us these additional details.

Johann Eva, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Niarod Win User

Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

1. i installed a worm virus and now my antivirus is acting weird - Similar Threads - installed worm virus

2. my keyboard is acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is acting weird: hello I need help. rn my keyboard do something weird like when i press W show me a tiny taskbar divided into two parts written on it "whiteboard"and"fullscreen snipe" also three points, when i click them they show me:"learn more about pen"and under it"pen settings" I don't...
  3. My PC is acting weird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My PC is acting weird: My PC keeps doing weird things such as saying my system is locked and saying that my PC is controlled by an organization please excuse that I have written so little or spelling mistakes but I'm having to write this in a rush before it starts doing weird things again....
  4. MY PC IS ACTING WEIRD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY PC IS ACTING WEIRD: so i tried downloading a game from web and got a virus and now my pc is acting weird like csnt update and cant turn on windows insider proggrame someone pls tell me what to do and if its bad!...
  5. Reinstalled Windows and now my mouse is acting weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalled Windows and now my mouse is acting weird: So I just reinstalled windows today and got everything set up. I have a razer naga trinity and have had it for two years and had none of these problems before i reinstalled windows. The actuation point on my mouse clicks have changed and i can "unclick" left or right mouse...
  6. Keyboard died, I removed it but now my pc acts weird

Keyboard died, I removed it but now my pc acts weird: submitted by /u/SantiHurtado [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/il8cnq/keyboard_died_i_removed_it_but_now_my_pc_acts/
  7. My computer is acting weird.

My computer is acting weird.: So I bought a new dell inspiron 15 5000 series for school. It's literally 3 months old. A couple days ago I realized it was being slow so I closed out my tabs and restarted it. When it started up, I tried to open an application and it kept showing errors or "windows not...
  8. My laptop is acting weird

My laptop is acting weird: My laptop has been acting weird, and at first I thought maybe there was a virus on it or something, but I used a bunch of anti malware things on the internet to get rid of whatever was making it act weird and no matter what, they all said that my computer was fine. I looked...
  9. My Windows computer is full of viruses and or worms..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Windows computer is full of viruses and or worms..: Would it be better to try and clean it? Or should I just try and get a new computer or hardrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-windows-computer-is-full-of-viruses-and-or/d5b1f76a-ceaf-4f82-a8a7-833275453f2f
  10. My laptop acting weirdly

My laptop acting weirdly: I have a problem in my laptop it acts weirdly whenever i'm typing on keyboard for example when i'm on notepad++ and writing something and i have more than a tab it moves from tab to another while writing but if i didn't touch the keyboard nothing happens. and something...