Windows 10: I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work

Discus and support I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It's not a problem with the keyboard or mouse, because they work in BIOS and on the recovery screen, but nothing works once windows boots up, even in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelJW92, Oct 9, 2021.

1. I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work

It's not a problem with the keyboard or mouse, because they work in BIOS and on the recovery screen, but nothing works once windows boots up, even in safe mode. I just need a way to roll back the update but I literally cannot interact with my computer once windows boots up. Also is it just me or does the page for contacting a support agent not even work on this stupid website?

:)

MichaelJW92, Oct 9, 2021
  2. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Vanion Win User
    Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Ok, thanks ill check out how i installed them on my motherboard. Im in the device managed right now and for my mouse it reads
    "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{operation failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful"

I tried to plug in my ethernet cable as well to try to go online to get driver updates but the light is glowing yellow/orange rather than green and it also has the same message as my mouse in the device manager.

oh and both the keyboard and mouse are wired

I have the legacy usb support enabled in bios and i have my mouse plugged into the usb 2.0 (im using my PS keyboard atm just so i can control the comp so my usb keyboard isnt connected) but the mouse is still not working when i am running windows.

Vanion, Oct 9, 2021
  4. I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work

Vega Hassan, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work

1. I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work - Similar Threads - installed update last

2. Pc don't run!! Last night worked perfectly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc don't run!! Last night worked perfectly: Last night pc run normally and today not start up !! I install windows 10 in USB for repair but repair nor work !! Safe mode.menu not showing up In any key !! Other solutions without format and begin from zero?...
  3. Pc don't run!! Last night worked perfectly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc don't run!! Last night worked perfectly: Last night pc run normally and today not start up !! I install windows 10 in USB for repair but repair nor work !! Safe mode.menu not showing up In any key !! Other solutions without format and begin from zero?...
  4. Pc don't run!! Last night worked perfectly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows just had an update now my keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows just had an update now my keyboard and mouse don't work: Windows just had an update and now my keyboard and mouse don't work but they work in bios iv tried changing ports and nothing iv tried different mouse and keyboad and nothing seems to work can someone help me please...
  6. Windows just had an update now my keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows just had an update now my keyboard and mouse don't work: Windows just had an update and now my keyboard and mouse don't work but they work in bios iv tried changing ports and nothing iv tried different mouse and keyboad and nothing seems to work can someone help me please...
  7. Windows just had an update now my keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work: It's not a problem with the keyboard or mouse, because they work in BIOS and on the recovery screen, but nothing works once windows boots up, even in safe mode. I just need a way to roll back the update but I literally cannot interact with my computer once windows boots up....
  9. I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed an update last night and now my keyboard and mouse don't work: It's not a problem with the keyboard or mouse, because they work in BIOS and on the recovery screen, but nothing works once windows boots up, even in safe mode. I just need a way to roll back the update but I literally cannot interact with my computer once windows boots up....
  10. Windows update last night - laptop not working now

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update last night - laptop not working now: Hi.. So, my lenovo Z51 was working perfectly, however last night Windows updated and today.. It's not working. When I turn on the laptop the first error pops up just before I type in my login details. Ctfmon.exe - sucess Unknown hard error I then click OK and it says...