Windows 10: I installed Minecraft a couple years ago. In July, my laptop needed a factory reset. When I...

Discus and support I installed Minecraft a couple years ago. In July, my laptop needed a factory reset. When I... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A couple weeks before I factory reset my laptop, Minecraft would stutter and then restart my laptop. Eventually, my laptop would let me turn it on but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ministorm69420, Oct 6, 2020.

1. I installed Minecraft a couple years ago. In July, my laptop needed a factory reset. When I...

A couple weeks before I factory reset my laptop, Minecraft would stutter and then restart my laptop. Eventually, my laptop would let me turn it on but not load to the log in screen. It took me about six hours trying to revive my laptop without factory resetting it, but it wouldn't work and every tutorial showing how to avoid the problem had a different version somehow. Luckily, I had Sync on so I kept most of everything except my apps. I wanted to play Minecraft after I reset my laptop, and I was worried that I might have to re-buy it. It said "Owned" so I thought I was good to go. However, when I clicked on the icon, it said, "This app is not compatible with this device". I also have the same problem with Microsoft Sticky Notes, and a couple others that I wanted to download. Why is this happening and how do I fix it because I really want my laptop to go back to normal.

:)

ministorm69420, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Ikanopit Win User

BSOD often Mainly playing Minecraft, even after factory reset.

Hi there, I am having big issues the last 3 days with BSOD on my MSI laptop. It crashes with many different faults so I have done a complete factory reset and removed all my files.
    I am only trying to run Minecraft at the moment as I run a couple servers, sometimes this crashes on startup also
    I am now puzzled what to do as BSOD is still happening.
    Please find attached zipped log file.
    Hope you can help.

Ikanopit, Oct 6, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 6, 2020
  4. I installed Minecraft a couple years ago. In July, my laptop needed a factory reset. When I...

Query about reserving Windows 10 after performing a reset to factory settings.

Original title: Windows 10

I did recieve the Windows 10 upgrade on July 28, 2015. A couple days ago I had to reset my laptop to factory settintgs. Will I have to still wait and reserve it?

JaniferJensen, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

I installed Minecraft a couple years ago. In July, my laptop needed a factory reset. When I...

1. I installed Minecraft a couple years ago. In July, my laptop needed a factory reset. When I... - Similar Threads - installed Minecraft couple

2. I cant factory reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant factory reset my laptop: I bought a second hand laptop today, and i try to factory reset it , but i cant. When i try, it says there was a problem resetting your pc. No changes was made. Ive gone through other forums and tried that, but none of it has worked yet....
  3. When I updated Windows 10, a couple of years ago, my computer crashed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I updated Windows 10, a couple of years ago, my computer crashed.: I am now trying to reinstall the program and I am getting the error."The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed" Says to click ok to restart the computer and to restart the reinstall. I click ok to restart and...
  4. When I updated Windows 10, a couple of years ago, my computer crashed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I updated Windows 10, a couple of years ago, my computer crashed.: I am now trying to reinstall the program and I am getting the error."The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed" Says to click ok to restart the computer and to restart the reinstall. I click ok to restart and...
  5. When I updated Windows 10, a couple of years ago, my computer crashed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. I cant factory reset my laptop

I cant factory reset my laptop: It will start to reset then says it not enough space it need 5 gigs when i go to delete stuff it says it is being used and i cant delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-factory-reset-my-laptop/18404cd0-5519-41fd-b855-8ff4c8c33188
  7. i brought minecraft seven years ago

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i brought minecraft seven years ago: i brought Minecraft standard edition seaven years ago and now i only have java why is that?? i brought it on pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-brought-minecraft-seven-years-ago/447f8434-9876-4dd9-810b-011858d73373
  8. Do I need to factory reset or no?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need to factory reset or no?: I got a notification saying that both my antivirus were turned off and so I did a scan and found threats but it didn't let me do the "start actions" so I contacted support and the person sent me a link that said "MSERT" and claimed it was an antivirus and I don't know if that...
  9. I need help Factory resetting my laptop with Windows 10

I need help Factory resetting my laptop with Windows 10: Hi, I know this is a common question, yet I'm unable to do it. I have tried factory resetting from being logged in but it restarts the computer and says "something went wrong". So my alternative is to create a USB using the Mediacreationtool.exe downloadable here on the...
  10. Remember when I bought MR7 a year ago?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Remember when I bought MR7 a year ago?: Well I finally installed it and from what I can gather it appears I have it set up to run in 'Incremental Forever' mode. It's incrementally belching my C and D drives out 8am every day onto my Seagate 4TB external drive, so that's nice. It takes only a few minutes. I turn...