Windows 10: I installed .net Framework 4.7.2 and my windows broke up.(Bsod - can't boot windows)

Discus and support I installed .net Framework 4.7.2 and my windows broke up.(Bsod - can't boot windows) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i was playing game and suddenly started crashing (GTAV).When i went to windows log it says this: Faulting application name: GTA5.exe, version:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatejGosev, Oct 18, 2018.

1. I installed .net Framework 4.7.2 and my windows broke up.(Bsod - can't boot windows)

Hello, i was playing game and suddenly started crashing (GTAV).When i went to windows log it says this:

Faulting application name: GTA5.exe, version: 1.0.350.1, time stamp: 0x5540cf19
    Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.7.2098.0, time stamp: 0x59028c32
    Exception code: 0xc00000fd
    Fault offset: 0x00000000005dba9c
    Faulting process id: 0x1594
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d466c1ab9dcbf2
    Faulting application path: D:\gta v\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
    Report Id: e6d2c19b-ca55-49a2-ae1b-80a093e6c37c
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

As i see, clr.dll is from .net framework, so i decided to update it to 4.7.2 (download - install, not from windows update).And when i restarted my pc i got bsod with stop code 0xc0000135, tried automatic repair, system restore, but nothing seems to work (even the tools in my cd).So i formatted my pc and having the same error on the game.Can you tell me what to do, before i broke my windows again I installed .net Framework 4.7.2 and my windows broke up.(Bsod - can't boot windows) :))

Thanks. I installed .net Framework 4.7.2 and my windows broke up.(Bsod - can't boot windows) :)

:)

MatejGosev, Oct 18, 2018

2. .Net Framework - Windows 7

Thanks for the links, I ran the cleanup utility, got rid of the existing .net installs, reinstalled them all, but am now back to the same issue. The troubleshooting didn't help a lot of windows 7 unfortunately.

I have a feeling this is a side effect of my install of Visual Studio 2010. *Frown I installed .net Framework 4.7.2 and my windows broke up.(Bsod - can't boot windows) :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 18, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    .Net Framework - Windows 7

Try installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4, the newer version: webinstaller or stand-alone.

If you want to uninstall\cleanup your .net this may help: .NET Framework Cleanup Tool User's Guide
    The .NET Framework cleanup tool is available for download at the following locations:
    http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip
    http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx...-90-44-93/dotnetfx_5F00_cleanup_5F00_tool.zip

what to do if other .NET Framework setup troubleshooting steps do not help

95Viper, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

I installed .net Framework 4.7.2 and my windows broke up.(Bsod - can't boot windows)

.Net Framework - Windows 7

Something got borked. <-- technical jargon.

I have VS 2010 on my system, all .Net version and the Windows Phone 7 beta toolkit (which includes XNA 4.0 beta) and everything is fine.

Try removing VS and then the frameworks and then reinstalling both (frameworks first).

Kreij, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

I installed .net Framework 4.7.2 and my windows broke up.(Bsod - can't boot windows)

1. I installed .net Framework 4.7.2 and my windows broke up.(Bsod - can't boot windows) - Similar Threads - installed net Framework

2. I can't install .net framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install .net framework 3.5: When I trying to run program it says I need to install net framework 3.5 in windows features.When i trying to run it its stuck at searching for required files and downloading required filesbut it's Easy to close windows features app. Also i was trying to go Services to make...
  3. I can't install .net framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't install .net framework 3.5: When I trying to run program it says I need to install net framework 3.5 in windows features.When i trying to run it its stuck at searching for required files and downloading required filesbut it's Easy to close windows features app. Also i was trying to go Services to make...
  4. I can't install net framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install net framework 3.5: I was trying to download .net framework 3.5 but it stuck at searching required files and downloading required files also in cmd I cannot enable net framework 3.5 it will be stuck too. Im using windows 11 if You want let me go to windows 10 to fix a problem it's okay...
  5. I can't install net framework 3.5

I can't install net framework 3.5: I was trying to download .net framework 3.5 but it stuck at searching required files and downloading required files also in cmd I cannot enable net framework 3.5 it will be stuck too. Im using windows 11 if You want let me go to windows 10 to fix a problem it's okay...
  6. .NET Framework 4 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework 4 is corrupted: Okay so I get this error on programs running .NET 4.0.0.0 The error: Could not load file or assembly 'Accesibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. I...
  7. I can't install .net framework in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install .net framework in windows 10 pro: I can't install the .net framework in windows 10 pro. I've tried via the downloadable installer from microsoft, via the control panel turn on windows features, and via DISM. It keeps telling me it can't install it and gives me the error code: 0x8e5e0147 The dism is...
  8. Can't install Net Framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Net Framework 3.5: I've just installed Windows 10 and everytime I try to install Net Framework 3.5 I get this: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-net-framework-35/f902ebb5-2fa0-4e09-884c-4f62847511c6
  9. .NET Framework 4+

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework 4+: Hey guys, Just wondering how do I find out what version of .NET Framework i have installed? I have looked in the programs and features, but cannot find anything in there. If its not installed, then how come? This is a new PC and has windows 10 1803 (I will not install...
  10. Can't instal .NET framework 3.5

Can't instal .NET framework 3.5: [img] I already tried downloading the installer and also enabling the windows features thingy (Didnt work there was no progression) Please help! 74123

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clr.dll Exception code: 0xc00000fd

2. microsoft .net framework 4.7.2 for windows 7 BSOD