Windows 10: i installed the free version of win 10 in 2016 then reverted back to win7 can i now...

Discus and support i installed the free version of win 10 in 2016 then reverted back to win7 can i now... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i installed the free version of win 10 in 2016 then reverted back to win7, can i now reinstall the free version of win 10? This would be on the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by stephenalexander3, Jan 17, 2020.

1. i installed the free version of win 10 in 2016 then reverted back to win7 can i now...

i installed the free version of win 10 in 2016 then reverted back to win7, can i now reinstall the free version of win 10?

This would be on the same machine but with a different hard drive as i had a problem with the HD very early on after the upgrade from win7, probably with in a few days.

Would the Microsoft server still have the relevant info for me to do this now?

Thanks

steve

:)

stephenalexander3, Jan 17, 2020
  2. LEEFH33 Win User

WIN10 UPDATES NOT WORKING. HOW TO REVERT TO WIN7?

Thank you for responding.

Just to clarify, your steps listed here is to allow me to revert to WIN7?

LEEFH33, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Does activation remain valid in case of revert to Win7?

If I revert to the previous Win version before the 30 day trial period of Win 10 is over: Will I be able to install Win10 any time after 29 of July 2016?

Reason: I started the upgrade, but some unforeseen circumstances will detain me from finishing the upgrade and configuring our 10 PCs before 29 of July 2016. So my idea: I upgrade all PC now and immediately revert to Win7.

As I understood, the activation is stored centrally at MS with a fingerprint of the hardware and it should be possible to install Win10 using this activation any time later...

Blacksmith, Jan 17, 2020
  4. groze Win User

i installed the free version of win 10 in 2016 then reverted back to win7 can i now...

Build 10240 - Any expiry on ACTIVATED versions??

I was going to do that for my benefit because of the way I have my partitions setup and to be legal with the EULA that isn't a step by step instruction. Right now I am waiting to see if build 10240 is actually the release build and yes I know at lot of people don't believe 10240 is the release version. I still may need to do that if build 10240 is not the release version.

groze, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

i installed the free version of win 10 in 2016 then reverted back to win7 can i now...

1. i installed the free version of win 10 in 2016 then reverted back to win7 can i now... - Similar Threads - installed free version

2. How can I revert back to Win 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I revert back to Win 10?: Hello everyoneA few months ago, I upgraded my Win 10 Home install to Win 11. After some time, I found that Windows 11 is not for me.Now, when I do a fresh install of Windows 10, I cannot activate it. Did my license get upgraded to Windows 11 permanently?Thanks in advance...
  3. How can I revert back to Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert back to Win 10?: Hello everyoneA few months ago, I upgraded my Win 10 Home install to Win 11. After some time, I found that Windows 11 is not for me.Now, when I do a fresh install of Windows 10, I cannot activate it. Did my license get upgraded to Windows 11 permanently?Thanks in advance...
  4. How can I revert back to Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?

Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?: Hello all,I have an old laptop and, according to the sticker on the bottom, it came pre-installed with Windows 7 Pro it also has a security key printed on it.The laptop was downgraded to Windows XP to enable it to run old software which, at the time, wasn't Windows 7...
  6. Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?: Hello all,I have an old laptop and, according to the sticker on the bottom, it came pre-installed with Windows 7 Pro it also has a security key printed on it.The laptop was downgraded to Windows XP to enable it to run old software which, at the time, wasn't Windows 7...
  7. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro: Gteetings: A crack developed in my Win 7 Pro disc rendering it useless. I am in the process of trying to salvage my wife's Dimensions E521 and part of it is to have that Win 7 Pro disc. So, can I do this: My desktop is an Inspiron 546 which has Win 10 Pro O/S by virtue of...
  8. Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro

Can I get Win 10 Back again after reverting to Win 7 Pro: Gteetings: A crack developed in my Win 7 Pro disc rendering it useless. I am in the process of trying to salvage my wife's Dimensions E521 and part of it is to have that Win 7 Pro disc. So, can I do this: My desktop is an Inspiron 546 which has Win 10 Pro O/S by virtue of...
  9. Win10 reverted back to Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 reverted back to Win7: A few years ago, I redeemed the free Win10 offer and upgraded my computer. Previously, I was using Win7 I believe the previous Win7 installation was kept on a petition on one of my internal hard drives, whilst the new Win10 installation was kept on my SSD. Just today,...
  10. Can I revert back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I revert back?: Hi. I recently had my Windows 10 Education install destroyed by some malware. after Malwarebytes asked me to reboot, I did as followed, and I was prompted wit the message: "Operating system not found." Seeing nothing else to do, I installed Windows 10 home. The contents were...