Windows 10: I installed the latest update yesterday and I have lost my start menu and task bar

Discus and support I installed the latest update yesterday and I have lost my start menu and task bar in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I installed the latest update yesterday and I have lost my start menu and task bar. I have tried to follow the instructions on the help pages but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnitaHemsworth, Oct 11, 2019.

1. I installed the latest update yesterday and I have lost my start menu and task bar

Hi, I installed the latest update yesterday and I have lost my start menu and task bar. I have tried to follow the instructions on the help pages but none of it seems to work. I hope you will forgive me as I am not very good with problems with windows and some of the things I have tried didn't make much sense to me at all. I thank you for your time in advance and hope that someone can help me solve these problems without getting too technical whilst they try to help me.

Thank you.

:)

AnitaHemsworth, Oct 11, 2019
  2. aforbes63 Win User

lost edge on start menu and task bar

same problem edge is installed on installed version of windows that came with the computer

aforbes63, Oct 11, 2019
  3. lost edge on start menu and task bar

lost edge icon on start menu and task bar

KarenAddison, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Lpb908 Win User

I installed the latest update yesterday and I have lost my start menu and task bar

Bottom task bar and start menu

Windows 10 updated this morning now my bottom task bar has lost all the items previously pinned and will not even display time in right corner. Start menu does not work either can get basic commands by right clicking on start menu but that is all. Restarting
    did not help. Any suggestions?

Lpb908, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

I installed the latest update yesterday and I have lost my start menu and task bar

1. I installed the latest update yesterday and I have lost my start menu and task bar - Similar Threads - installed latest update

2. I lost my task bar how do I restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my task bar how do I restore: I lost my task bar how do I restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-task-bar-how-do-i-restore/87613d02-cb53-4124-bd1f-07366a202558
  3. I lost my task bar how do I restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my task bar how do I restore: I lost my task bar how do I restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-task-bar-how-do-i-restore/87613d02-cb53-4124-bd1f-07366a202558
  4. Stuck with Start Menu/Task Bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck with Start Menu/Task Bar?: Hello, I'm having trouble with this and I'm not entirely sure how to fix it but here's my screen: [IMG] The problem is, I can't exit out of this. My tabs won't let me minimize either. I can't view my desktop and I need help getting out of this setting....
  5. I need help with my task bar infinitely loading. I have installed the latest bios, amd...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with my task bar infinitely loading. I have installed the latest bios, amd...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FUNKYJASPER2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldsblg/i_need_help_with_my_task_bar_infinitely_loading_i/
  6. Task bar and Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar and Start Menu not opening: Hi I have a Windows 10. When I try to type anything in the Search box the screen freezes Until I open Task Manager, and none of the right bottom keys on the taskbar works. When I try to open the start menu- It opens and closes and leaves a black screen where it opened after...
  7. Latest update killed my task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update killed my task bar: I just update my windows 10. After update, my task bar would not work. I cannot use Windows + I or Windows +R. The window icon would not bring start up. The search bar does not work. I had to use File Manager > Computer properties > Restore backup. I am now afraid...
  8. latest Windows 10 update - search box moved from start menu to task bar

latest Windows 10 update - search box moved from start menu to task bar: Before I ask my question I would like point out the obvious about MS migrating the search box from the start menu to the task bar: the amount of real estate of the task bar was reduced by this move, when users were already struggling to place all the app shortcuts they want...
  9. lost tas bar and start menu

lost tas bar and start menu: ok one day it was working great and then crash no start menu or tas bar under windows lost and can not click blank stop pressing the windows key zip nothing start menu is gong and the only way for me to get in is from the tas menu and getting mad as days go by so help...
  10. my task bar & start menu don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my task bar & start menu don't work: For the past week my start menu & task bar won't work why could that be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-start-menu-dont-work/3fe8ad4f-67a8-4d02-9e8b-2dbfcf13c7b7