Windows 10: I installed the new update, I cant enter my real admin account and all of my files are gone...

Discus and support I installed the new update, I cant enter my real admin account and all of my files are gone... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday, my Windows began updating to the new 20H2 and when it was done, I couldnt enter my admin account, there was no password box at all only a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaifRaif, Feb 27, 2021.

1. RaifRaif Win User

I installed the new update, I cant enter my real admin account and all of my files are gone...

Yesterday, my Windows began updating to the new 20H2 and when it was done, I couldnt enter my admin account, there was no password box at all only a text stating "sign in" but when I click on it, it says "just a moment" and then it redirects me back to the login screen. But I had another account which I can acess but I dont have anything on that account, but funny enough all of my apps are there, but the files which are on my admin account are no where to be seen on the C drive, it says that my user file has nothing in it, Ive lost of lot of books and many other things I was working on, and I completely frustrated. I also wanted to ask if I buy a new computer, will all my files and things I had on my microsoft account which is my admin account, be back on my new? I tried to recover or take Windows back to previous version, but it doesnt work. I tried uninstalling the update, but it didnt let me.

:)

RaifRaif, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Admin account corrupted

Hi Joshua.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL + Shift + ESC.

• Click File >
      Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type CMD.

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    6. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: Create a new user account in Safe Mode and give admin privileges to the new account.

Create a new user account

Add or remove accounts on your PC

After creating new user account, press Windows key, type
    Mange your account
    and hit Enter. Click on Family
    and other users
    and select the newly created account. Now change the account type to
    Administrator.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Feb 27, 2021
  4. I installed the new update, I cant enter my real admin account and all of my files are gone...

Admin account corrupted

Ok, I enabled the administrator account, but even in that account, the menu won't create a new account. I can get to the accounts settings page, but the link to "add someone else to this PC" doesn't do anything.

Joshuacwilder, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

I installed the new update, I cant enter my real admin account and all of my files are gone...

1. I installed the new update, I cant enter my real admin account and all of my files are gone... - Similar Threads - installed update cant

2. I cant enter in my xbox account in my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant enter in my xbox account in my pc: I'm trying to buy minecraft but when I try to login, it doesn't show the page to put my e-mail, what I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-enter-in-my-xbox-account-in-my-pc/f014f31d-aa80-4700-aa4f-15f52fcdeecd
  3. I cant enter in my xbox account in my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant enter in my xbox account in my pc: I'm trying to buy minecraft but when I try to login, it doesn't show the page to put my e-mail, what I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-enter-in-my-xbox-account-in-my-pc/f014f31d-aa80-4700-aa4f-15f52fcdeecd
  4. I cant find my login for admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant find my login for admin account?: I have tried everything, but I keep getting needs elevation for administrator account. In computer manager there is no user/administrator section. Do I need to reset windows?...
  5. I cant find my login for admin account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant find my login for admin account?: I have tried everything, but I keep getting needs elevation for administrator account. In computer manager there is no user/administrator section. Do I need to reset windows?...
  6. All my files are gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files are gone!: WHen I was on my Computer on Thursday everything was fine, but when I went on today, I saw my Logitech and my capture files are empty, I didnt do anything and When I clicked on it It says that I needed to connect to network or Insert a disk. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO...
  7. ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE

ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE: so i turned on my laptop only to see that half the stuff i had is gone the list of stuff that is gone: -all of my personal files dating back to december 2020 -most of my games -my apps -my desktop wallpaper -discord -all of my garry's mod addons 157 files -my puro...
  8. I cants log in to my admin account and I know my password I

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cants log in to my admin account and I know my password I: I just baught this wi dows 10 and from day 1 i have veen getting taunted by local hackers. I am a victim of social discrimination, and i got hacked cause i cant log in with my password. This should mean it is microsofts problem....
  9. When I restarted my computer, all my files were gone. My gmail accounts are gone, saved...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I restarted my computer, all my files were gone. My gmail accounts are gone, saved...: I just restarted my computer and now everything is gone. It's like setting up a brand new computer. Since I'm accessing the internet from a foreign country, the language was also changed from English to Arabic. My files are gone. I don't know how to get them. I figured...
  10. Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!

Today I updated and all my files in Documents are gone!: Go backI had already gone back an update, via Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Go back to an earlier build section > Get started button. This didn't fix it. What are my options to retrieve the files?...