Windows 10: I installed the wrong version of windows, how can i fix without reinstalling.

Discus and support I installed the wrong version of windows, how can i fix without reinstalling. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did the blunder of installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home premium, so of course it won't accept my activation key. And i really wouldnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hanzn, Sep 2, 2020.

1. /u/hanzn Win User

I installed the wrong version of windows, how can i fix without reinstalling.

I did the blunder of installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home premium, so of course it won't accept my activation key. And i really wouldnt like to reinstall again, is there any way to change versions?

submitted by /u/hanzn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hanzn, Sep 2, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 2, 2020
  3. D007 Win User
    Catalyst reporting wrong version fix

Just thought I'd make a topic for this, as it seems, a few people, have this issue.

This an official response from AMD support.

Most people so far have been reporting that Catalyst 12.4 is installed, but continues to show as 12.3 Suite in the CCC software. It's a known issue, but the drivers are installed correctly.

After installing 12.4, compare the DRIVER version to the version listed on the release notes for 12.4. You can also check the driver version in Device Manager for that video card. If it is installed, it should list the version correctly.

Try these uninstall steps first, however:

1. Download the WICU.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...-Utility.shtml

2. Uninstall everything related to ATI/AMD and reboot through programs and features in the Control Panel (programs and features).
    Use DriverSweeper (freeware) to remove any remnants of AMD (check the "AMD Display" box) (_Driver Sweeper - Uninstall & Clean Drivers - Remove Leftovers - Official Home).

3. Launch WICU and delete anything related to ATI/AMD/CCC.

4. Delete all ATI/AMD folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".

5. Boot into safemode and navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.

6. Reboot.

7. Install the Catalyst package again. It should work now.

*Toast :toast:

D007, Sep 2, 2020
  4. I installed the wrong version of windows, how can i fix without reinstalling.

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

I installed the wrong version of windows, how can i fix without reinstalling.

1. I installed the wrong version of windows, how can i fix without reinstalling. - Similar Threads - installed wrong version

2. how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.: so i have an issue and im going to need to reinstall windows, but how can i do so without losing my files AND apps, i tried doing so but there wasnt any choice to not lose my apps, im also im not sure how can i back up my apps, how can i do it?...
  3. how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.: so i have an issue and im going to need to reinstall windows, but how can i do so without losing my files AND apps, i tried doing so but there wasnt any choice to not lose my apps, im also im not sure how can i back up my apps, how can i do it?...
  4. Can someone toll me how to fix this WITHOUT reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone toll me how to fix this WITHOUT reinstalling windows?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/that_0ne_reddit0r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kw7rwa/can_someone_toll_me_how_to_fix_this_without/
  5. How can I fix this? What’s wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I fix this? What’s wrong?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Swish-and-flick28 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idxmwf/how_can_i_fix_this_whats_wrong/
  6. can i reinstall windows 10 without paying?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i reinstall windows 10 without paying?: can i reinstall windows 10 without paying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reinstall-windows-10-without-paying/ed12f0f4-cd31-4004-b6b8-ae89239c4408
  7. Wrong windows version, can i upgrade

Wrong windows version, can i upgrade: so i recently rebuilt my pc from the ground up, and i installed the wrong version of windows (i had pro, i installed home). Can i upgrade to pro so my product key can be moved without reinstalling windows?...
  8. Wrong version of Windows 10. Can I change it without losing stuff?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong version of Windows 10. Can I change it without losing stuff?: Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having? A while back I bought a cheap hand built gaming PC from a guy who lived next door to me. For a while I had no problems with it (it runs games surprisingly well for something so cheap and cobbled together...
  9. I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?

I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?: I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-windowsinstaller-how-can-i/8b687751-4b8f-480f-901d-4de5217b9675
  10. Can I fix this without a Clean reinstall?

Can I fix this without a Clean reinstall?: I was having boot problems for awhile. No boot on restart primarily. I fiddled around running various commands and one of them fixed the problem, most likely fix boot problem tool of Macrium Reflect. Now the system boots correctly on power up and on a restart. I then...