Windows 10: I installed UblockOrigin for Legacy edge by mistake instead of chromium, how do I uninstall it?

Discus and support I installed UblockOrigin for Legacy edge by mistake instead of chromium, how do I uninstall it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed UblockOrigin for Legacy edge by mistake instead of for chromium, how do I uninstall it? I installed it through the microsoft store but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SmiteTonight, Oct 30, 2020.

1. I installed UblockOrigin for Legacy edge by mistake instead of chromium, how do I uninstall it?

I installed UblockOrigin for Legacy edge by mistake instead of for chromium, how do I uninstall it?

I installed it through the microsoft store but it was not until after installing that I saw it said for legacy.

The file name is weird as heck too 37833NikRolls.uBlockOrigin_f8jsg5mm64m62

It is not in any appdata folder I had to scan my entire PC to find the thing.

When I go to delete the file itself it says I need administrator privileges however I am the administrator for this computer.

This is a brand new computer so I am a bit worried that I screwed something up.

submitted by /u/SmiteTonight
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SmiteTonight, Oct 30, 2020

2. how to uninstall chromium

Hi Scott,

Chromium is the open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws its source code. The browsers share the majority of code and features, though there are some minor differences in features and they have different licensing.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error while you try to uninstall the chromium browser?

• How did you install the chromium browser? Is it through Windows store/third party website/any other source?

• Does the issue persist only while you try to uninstall the chromium browser/ any other programs?
    You may follow the below suggestions and check if you are able to uninstall the chromium browser.

Follow the below steps if you have installed the chromium browser through the setup file or through the other source.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, and select
      Programs and features.

• Here you will be able to see the list of programs installed in your computer.

• Right click on the program which you would like to uninstall and click
      Uninstall.
    If you have downloaded the chromium browser through the Windows store, open the Start menu, type chromium in the search bar, right click on the chromium browser from the search bar results and click on uninstall.

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Oct 30, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Latest update changes pinned legacy edge shortcut to Edge Chromium

Can anybody who has both legacy Edge and Edge Chromium installed verify this unacceptable behaviour.

I did the regedit to retain Legacy Edge and that works fine, and in apps list I see both Edge Chromium and Legacy Edge.

I pin Legacy Edge to Taskbar and it works fine.

I reboot pc and it CHANGES the pinned shortcut to Edge Chromium - WTF!!!

I tried pinning both and it still changes short cut on Taskbar to Edge Chromium.

I tried to create a new shortcut for Legacy Edge using tutorial, and put it on my desktop. I RENAMED the shortcut, and it works fine. I pin it to Taskbar, reboot and it gets bloody changed to Chromium.

This change has happened since most recent update. Before, it would do change it when you updated and only a minor inconvenience.

I cannot find a way of pinning legacy Edge to taskbar now.

Anybody have any ideas how to get round this reprehensible change?

cereberus, Oct 30, 2020
  4. I installed UblockOrigin for Legacy edge by mistake instead of chromium, how do I uninstall it?

How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choice ?

I thought the Edge legacy gets removed when edge is updated to Edge chromium
    Have you tried uninstalling edge and installing it again
    I don't know what else to suggest *Huh

eroopli123, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

I installed UblockOrigin for Legacy edge by mistake instead of chromium, how do I uninstall it?

1. I installed UblockOrigin for Legacy edge by mistake instead of chromium, how do I uninstall it? - Similar Threads - installed UblockOrigin Legacy

2. Edge Legacy removed. How do I get it back?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Legacy removed. How do I get it back?: Greetings, There is a problem with Microsoft Answers that doesn't allow you to ask a question in the Edge Legacy forum. The latest Windows Update has removed Edge Legacy. How do I get it back, especially my Favorites? How do I prevent Windows Update from removing other...
  3. How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites?: Greetings, I'm trying to backup Edge legacy favorites. A tutorial says they are located in this folder: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\ However, the backup program gave errors on these files:...
  4. Legacy Edge and Chromium Edge side by side?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy Edge and Chromium Edge side by side?: Hello, I would like to have legacy Edge and chromium Edge side by side. Unfortunately, I don not know how to. I've followed a lot of on;ine tutorials, but I still do not know how to do so. Can someone help, please? Thanks....
  5. How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium: [ATTACH]The latest Chromium-based Microsoft Edge web browser has replaced your classic legacy Edge browser. The new Edge Chromium brings you the option to clear the […] This article How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium first appeared on...
  6. How do i uninstall edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i uninstall edge: I hate edge and when it updated it almost broke my computer submitted by /u/Beefy-lettuces [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpes9a/how_do_i_uninstall_edge/
  7. How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser is probably the best browser that might now keep in mind that it offers all the features that Chrome has to […] This article How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XpenEnvy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fix13r/how_to_uninstall_microsoft_edge_chromium/
  9. How do I delete the Chromium Edge 'other favorites'?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I delete the Chromium Edge 'other favorites'?: I just installed the Chromium Edge. I imported my bookmarks during the install process. I have a bookmark folder and an 'other favorites' folder. The option to delete the 'other favorites' is greyed out. Where is the folder located in Windows explorer, and can I delete it...
  10. How to run Legacy Edge and Chromium Edge side by side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to run Legacy Edge and Chromium Edge side by side in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge updates will be tied with Windows Update, starting with the release candidate, It will not allow you to use the older version or Legacy version of Edge anymore. Any attempt will launch the Chromium version of Edge. However, [...] This post How...