Windows 10: I installed Windows 10 2004 and I can't suspend to RAM.

Discus and support I installed Windows 10 2004 and I can't suspend to RAM. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 2004 on Acer Aspire E 15 ES1-571-C8NT. I installed the Windows updates. I installed the drivers and an application from Acer's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdamHoles, Aug 6, 2020.

1. AdamHoles Win User

I installed Windows 10 2004 and I can't suspend to RAM.

I installed Windows 10 2004 on Acer Aspire E 15 ES1-571-C8NT.

I installed the Windows updates.

I installed the drivers and an application from Acer's DVD.

I can't suspend to RAM.

:)

AdamHoles, Aug 6, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2020
  3. alexl102 Win User
    Can't install a game as there is already a 'suspended installation'?

Hi,

I'm trying to install a couple of games on a friend's laptop -

• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (RA3)
    • Command & Conquer: Tiberian Twilight 4 (TT4).

The laptop's an Acer Aspire V5-552 with an AMD Quad A8-5557M processor, 512mb graphics and 8GB RAM, running Windows 8.1.

Game specs are:

• Intel Core 2/AMD64 or better (RA3 states '2.6GHz or faster' - this laptop has a turbo boost up to 3.1?)
    • 1 - 1.5GB RAM
    • 10GB Hard Drive Space
    • 256mb video card with support for shader model 3
    • Directx 9.0
    When I try and install RA3, it says it can't complete because there is a Suspended Installation
    of TT4. It asks me if I want to remove the relevant files, which I say Yes to, but that dialogue box just keeps coming back.

If I put TT4 in instead and try and run the installer, it allows me to hit Install > English > Agree > Standard Installation and then says
    The program cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

It seems to me like I need to find this 'suspended installation' and get rid of it - but I can't find anything. Is that right, and if so, how?!

Please can someone help?

(I have also posted this on another forum but posting here too as there are usually some really helpful people around I installed Windows 10 2004 and I can't suspend to RAM. :) )

alexl102, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

I installed Windows 10 2004 and I can't suspend to RAM. [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. I installed Windows 10 2004 and I can't suspend to RAM. - Similar Threads - installed 2004 can't

2. I suspended dwm.exe because it was eating up too much ram.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I suspended dwm.exe because it was eating up too much ram.: When I clicked enter the screen went blank and my laptop does not shut down either. It is just blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-suspended-dwmexe-because-it-was-eating-up-too/82f59075-4ea9-40c2-b8e4-a2b7298953fa
  3. I suspended dwm.exe because it was eating up too much ram.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I suspended dwm.exe because it was eating up too much ram.: When I clicked enter the screen went blank and my laptop does not shut down either. It is just blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-suspended-dwmexe-because-it-was-eating-up-too/82f59075-4ea9-40c2-b8e4-a2b7298953fa
  4. I can't install Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install Windows 10.: I don't like to use Windows 11 and I want to roll back to Windows 10 but I didn't saw the roll back option in recovery options. I tried to install the Windows 10 ISO, when the download done I clicked the iso then it pop up the iso drive. I know that FAT32 is the default type...
  5. I can't install Windows 2004/20H2 no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't install Windows 2004/20H2 no matter what I do: For months now, my update history log has been filled with "Failed to install [date]" I seem to be stuck on Windows 1909. I've tried using the Windows Update Assistant and deleting the SoftwareDistribution/catroot2 folders and re-installing. Both failed. Only thing I didn't...
  6. Should I install 2004?

Should I install 2004?: I just received the option to install 2004, Should I install it or keep 1909? submitted by /u/TehMilitia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ip9c32/should_i_install_2004/
  7. Why can't I install update 2004?

Why can't I install update 2004?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mrzewzie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpem18/why_cant_i_install_update_2004/
  8. I installed the 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I installed the 2004 update: Since then HDMI audio does not function at all. While the PC Speakers work but are at a incredibly low level. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-the-2004-update/dabce9a3-2770-43f9-94ff-3cc5adf6517a
  9. Win 10 2004 keeps suspending w32 apps

Win 10 2004 keeps suspending w32 apps: It seems since i upgraded to Win 10 2004 that Windows likes to keep suspending apps like the new Edge browser and Rufus. Usually it seems to happen when i try to launch them and it just sits there suspended for a while. Task manager reports them as suspended. Sometimes they...
  10. Can't install windows 10, not enough ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install windows 10, not enough ram: I have a problem. My dad is running windows 7 on his laptop and wants to upgrade to windows 10. A few months back the get windows 10 app reported that he only had 1gb of ram which was correct, but he has no bought and had install extra ram, he now has 4gb. Still the get...