Windows 10: I installed Windows 10 pro on accident on a hardware update

Discus and support I installed Windows 10 pro on accident on a hardware update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I recently upgraded my hardware setup. After going through headaches to get the system running, I'm near the end of the road. When doing a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 0EricAdkins, May 8, 2020.

1. I installed Windows 10 pro on accident on a hardware update

So I recently upgraded my hardware setup. After going through headaches to get the system running, I'm near the end of the road. When doing a clean install on Windows 10, I wasn't paying enough attention, and apparently selected Pro instead of Home. I've tried the normal fix, but it isn't working. I get the message in the image. Help please? I installed Windows 10 pro on accident on a hardware update 240a3a70-3add-4cac-8d71-c32d749ecf3d?upload=true.png

:)

0EricAdkins, May 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 and GFE forcing 353.62 install

perfect a confirmation that i need to keep W7 Pro on my main rig.

tho that issue is weird... (oh well ... "beta" ... feelings)

anyway thanks @RCoon

GreiverBlade, May 8, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 8, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

I installed Windows 10 pro on accident on a hardware update

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, May 8, 2020
Thema:

I installed Windows 10 pro on accident on a hardware update

1. I installed Windows 10 pro on accident on a hardware update - Similar Threads - installed pro accident

2. I Accidently Deleted windows update manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Accidently Deleted windows update manager: So yesterday I was scanning through Malwarebytes and I deleted everything on the list. I saw windows update manager and said that I thought that was a virus because I had this virus on my old pc the virus is gone and sometimes viruses disguises themselves as Windows Files and...
  3. I Accidently Deleted windows update manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Accidently Deleted windows update manager: So yesterday I was scanning through Malwarebytes and I deleted everything on the list. I saw windows update manager and said that I thought that was a virus because I had this virus on my old pc the virus is gone and sometimes viruses disguises themselves as Windows Files and...
  4. I Accidently Deleted windows update manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Hardware Change: Updated my motherboard and now it says Windows isn't activated. Called and the rep said to bad go buy another one. What is this Microsoft? It isn't like I ever even deactivated it. All I did was change out a component on my PC. It was always still activate. I am not about to...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC vs Windows 10 Pro Hardware Detection and Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC vs Windows 10 Pro Hardware Detection and Installation: Hi All, I have a bit of an issue. I have a device that will install without issue on a clean windows 10 pro installation, but not on an windows 10 enterprise ltsc installation. All my other device drivers are working as expected without issue just a single device....
  7. Windows 10 Pro - hardware change

Windows 10 Pro - hardware change: I had to buy a new motherboard and the processor as the old one was not working. Can I boot the new computer from the old drive with Windows 10 Pro purchased from Microsoft online? Will windows remember all my settings? Will it allow me to access EFS encrypted files? Thank...
  8. Windows 10 PRO Key accidently scratched off

Windows 10 PRO Key accidently scratched off: What should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-key-accidently-scratched-off/482dccd0-7d7e-4588-9a2e-b61193ee5b87
  9. Updating computer hardware with Windows 10 Pro

Updating computer hardware with Windows 10 Pro: I am going to update my computers hardware (motherboard, cpu, video card and memory). The hard drive with Windows 10 Pro installed will not be changed. Will Windows be able to boot and recognized the changes? Thanks....
  10. Accidently installed pro instead of home

Accidently installed pro instead of home: HI all a complete newbie here, My problem is that I have installed Windows 10 pro instead of the Home edition, my laptop says I have the digital licence for the Home edition and I need to install Windows 10 Home but I cannot find anywhere for a free download etc, I haven't...