Windows 10: I Installed windows10 on hyper-V using USB now I can't disable Drive

Discus and support I Installed windows10 on hyper-V using USB now I can't disable Drive in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi All I'm very new (today) to Hyper-V and VM's in general. I followed a forum post on installing Windows from a USB stick by adding a new Virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by mpooley, Sep 30, 2016.

1. mpooley Win User

I Installed windows10 on hyper-V using USB now I can't disable Drive

Hi All
    I'm very new (today) to Hyper-V and VM's in general.
    I followed a forum post on installing Windows from a USB stick by adding a new Virtual drive and copying the usb contents to it.
    Then rebooted into the installation.
    That all went fine but now when I start the VM I get two options Windows Setup or Windows 10
    If I remove the 2nd virtual drive the VM won't boot so it's obvious the booting is done via the second drive.
    Can anyone suggest how to get round this as I have spent a lot of time setting up the win10 with apps etc?

any help appreciated

:)

mpooley, Sep 30, 2016

2. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION after update Visual Studio 2015 on Win 10

Thx for the reply.

After a lot of trys, i managed to solve the problem by uninstalling visual studio 2015 community and disabling Hyper-V using next command prompt as an adminstrator.

dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V

Reason:

Installing visual studio 2015 community enabled the previous disabled Hyper-V again, resulting in BSOD when using Bluestacks.

Possible Fix:

Installing visual studio 2015 community and disabling Hyper-V should also work i believe, but did not tested this yet. (I hate those BSOD)

Bluestacks is up and running again without any issue now.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Regards Stephan Kortleven

StephanKortleven, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Can't disable HyperV

I have made some more progress and have managed to disable all components of Hyper-V except the Hyper-V Services. I think Virtualbox might work now, but I would still like to disable Hyper-V Fully.

Olafgarten, Sep 30, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Please post a screenshot of disk management (diskmgmt.msc from command box). This should be from within your VM when it is running with both .vhdx attached - not from your host computer.

It sounds like you may need to move your boot files but need to see what your current set up is (EFI/BIOS, partitions etc).

lx07, Oct 2, 2016
  5. mpooley Win User
    Thanks for your help*Smile

Since my original post I tried using MSconfig to remove the Boot option this worked but introduced a new error on boot that said
    'The Task you are currently trying to do can't be completed because remote desktop is currently busy please try again in a few minutes other users should be able to logon'
    I just had to press the OK button and it worked. But this was slower than the original problem and so I have restored it to the original.

I Installed windows10 on hyper-V using USB now I can't disable Drive [​IMG]

mpooley, Oct 2, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    You have system on disk 1 and you want it on 0. Probably the easiest way is using easybcd - see their tutorial Changing the Boot Partition

It is free but you need to click on register to download (you needn't enter any email address if you don't want to).

Alternatively you can mark disk 0 as active, remove disk 1, then boot from Windows 10 ISO (attach it to virtual DVD drive on the tools menu)and run startup repair.

Another time, by the way, it is generally easier to install using your ISO.

For hyper-V bugging you about remote desktop make sure you've set a password.

lx07, Oct 2, 2016
  7. mpooley Win User
    Ok Thanks I will have go and let you know how I fare *Smile

mpooley, Oct 2, 2016
  8. mpooley Win User

Thanks It's worked and I have deleted the second drive But I am still getting the remote desktop error!
    I don't really want or need a password is this essential

mpooley, Oct 2, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    For remote desktop yes it is. You can log in without password through the hyper-v console (by clicking cancel when it asks you the resolution) but if you want to use enhanced session mode or RDC you need a password.

You could just make a really simple password of 123 or something.

Note it has to be an actual password - pin doesn't work (except on console).

lx07, Oct 2, 2016
  10. mpooley Win User
    OK Thanks a lot ! I Just did a single letter password so not too bad lol
    You have been a great help Thanks

mpooley, Oct 2, 2016
  11. lx07 Win User
    You are most welcome *Smile

12. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I Installed windows10 on hyper-V using USB now I can't disable Drive - Similar Threads - Installed windows10 hyper

2. I want to disable the Hyper - V. I need to install Examplify.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to disable the Hyper - V. I need to install Examplify.: Hi,I want to disable the Hyper - V. I need to install Examplify. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-disable-the-hyper-v-i-need-to-install/1f413739-be3c-4749-8b5d-e850ba10269f
  3. i can't disable hyper-v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't disable hyper-v: hi, i have a problem disabling hyper-v to get virtualbox to work properly.I followed the guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/troubleshoot/windows-client/application-management/virtualization-apps-not-work-with-hyper-v at the reboot it asks me for confirmation of disabling...
  4. i can't disable hyper-v

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't disable hyper-v: hi, i have a problem disabling hyper-v to get virtualbox to work properly.I followed the guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/troubleshoot/windows-client/application-management/virtualization-apps-not-work-with-hyper-v at the reboot it asks me for confirmation of disabling...
  5. i can't disable hyper-v

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  7. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  8. Can't disable Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't disable Hyper-V: I set up WSL2 and I started getting "Internal power error" BSODs and also system freezes without BSODs when I woke my laptop from sleep or hibernate. I uninstalled Ubuntu and turned off WSL in Windows Features, but I still get the BSODs. I ran System Info and found that a...
  9. Can't disable/delete Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't disable/delete Hyper-V: So, today I was installing Bluestacks, which needs Hyper-V to NOT be active/running. It says I have Hyper-V on, but I don't! I even run commands to disable it, but it didn't work. Or, I don't know, in Control Panel Hyper-V is unchecked. But every single app there needs...
  10. Disabled Hyper-V using BCDedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabled Hyper-V using BCDedit: Ok, Am using an Acer E5 Laptop running Win10 Home. I have used VM for 2+ years to launch a database and I recently started getting an error during launch that said VM could not run with Hyper-V. I ran across a fix that suggested using BCEdit with some lengthy commands to...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper v is disabled in vm