Windows 10: I just bought a flash drive but when i try to save a file to it, I get a permission error

Discus and support I just bought a flash drive but when i try to save a file to it, I get a permission error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought a flash drive but when i try to save a file to it, I get a permission error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KEVINJORDAN5, Dec 10, 2019.

1. I just bought a flash drive but when i try to save a file to it, I get a permission error

I just bought a flash drive but when i try to save a file to it, I get a permission error

:)

KEVINJORDAN5, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Dec 10, 2019
  4. I just bought a flash drive but when i try to save a file to it, I get a permission error

windows 10 error while saving files "you do not have permission to save to this location "

Hi David,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as you are unable to save the files in folder on Windows 10. We will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following to assist you better:

• Is this issue specific to any particular drive/file/folder?
    • Have you tried with different user account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to provide permission to the folder and check if that helps.

Steps to give permissions to the drive:

• Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select
      Properties.

• Click on ‘Security’ tab and under ‘Group or user names’ click on ‘Edit’.

• Click on ‘Add’ and type ‘Everyone’.

• Click on ‘Check names’ and then click ‘OK’.

• Select ‘Everyone’ and under ‘Allow’ select ‘Full
      control’ and click on ‘Apply’ and Click ‘Ok’.

For reference go through the below article:

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

I just bought a flash drive but when i try to save a file to it, I get a permission error

1. I just bought a flash drive but when i try to save a file to it, I get a permission error - Similar Threads - bought flash drive

2. I just bought the computer and when I to download something in the Microsoft Store I get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought the computer and when I to download something in the Microsoft Store I get...: plissssss help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-the-computer-and-when-i-to-download/207b6c8d-b2ed-47b4-af6d-824738d6892a
  3. when i want to "save as" a pic in hotmail, I get a file with many pics. how to i save just...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when i want to "save as" a pic in hotmail, I get a file with many pics. how to i save just...: I want to "save as" each picture I receive in hotmail and name it and date it. When i attempt it I copy files of pictures.Which means I have repeat pictures that I do not want.The only picture I want is the first one. How do I change my setting to save and name pictures...
  4. when i want to "save as" a pic in hotmail, I get a file with many pics. how to i save just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i want to "save as" a pic in hotmail, I get a file with many pics. how to i save just...: I want to "save as" each picture I receive in hotmail and name it and date it. When i attempt it I copy files of pictures.Which means I have repeat pictures that I do not want.The only picture I want is the first one. How do I change my setting to save and name pictures...
  5. when i want to "save as" a pic in hotmail, I get a file with many pics. how to i save just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I just bought minecraft and i keep getting the 0x80070057 error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought minecraft and i keep getting the 0x80070057 error.: I have over 25 gigabytes left in my drive, can someone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-minecraft-and-i-keep-getting-the/c67d8f7e-0cd8-426b-9d49-00942c19479a
  7. I just bought minecraft and i keep getting the 0x80070057 error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just bought minecraft and i keep getting the 0x80070057 error.: I have over 25 gigabytes left in my drive, can someone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-minecraft-and-i-keep-getting-the/c67d8f7e-0cd8-426b-9d49-00942c19479a
  8. I get an error 0x80240154 when I try to print a file, an email when I try to print a file...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get an error 0x80240154 when I try to print a file, an email when I try to print a file...: Hi, Today all of sudden, I experience a problem in printing a file or an web email saying "my printer is experiencing an unexpected configuration problem Error 0x80240154" for all available printers in my HP PC. I am using Windows 10 home 2004 build 19041.508. How to...
  9. trying to save files on a flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to save files on a flash drive: I plugged my flash drive in to my Lenovo IdeaPad 330 and there is no icon showing up that gives me a spot to save my files onto it. please help i need to free up space on my computer....
  10. I can not get files to save from word to my flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not get files to save from word to my flash drive: Every timeI try to save the document to my USB drive I can not. I tells me unable to save file and then kicks out my USB port. I am a college student and need these files to complete courses. The computer tells me that it does not recognize my USB drive then when I go to save...