Windows 10: I just bought a new hp computer but the search bar is not working

Discus and support I just bought a new hp computer but the search bar is not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The search bar beside the windows logo is not working at all. Does anybody have a solution? submitted by /u/blackfire1357 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blackfire1357, Apr 29, 2020.

1. I just bought a new hp computer but the search bar is not working

The search bar beside the windows logo is not working at all. Does anybody have a solution?

submitted by /u/blackfire1357
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blackfire1357, Apr 29, 2020
  2. VidushiC Win User

Search bar not working windows 10

I just bought a new laptop with windows 10 and im unable to use the search bar ie, i am not able to type out anything in it. I have tried the various methods suggested online, such as ending the search task on task manager and restarting it but nothing
    is working.

VidushiC, May 23, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 23, 2020
  4. I just bought a new hp computer but the search bar is not working

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 23, 2020
Thema:

I just bought a new hp computer but the search bar is not working

1. I just bought a new hp computer but the search bar is not working - Similar Threads - bought computer search

2. i just got a new pc and windows search bar work just fine now it say file is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just got a new pc and windows search bar work just fine now it say file is missing: i cant access settings, windows search bar and mircrosft store it says file dose not have an app associated with it for performing this action settings not working even tho its settings i need help plz thank you...
  3. i just got a new pc and windows search bar work just fine now it say file is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i just got a new pc and windows search bar work just fine now it say file is missing: i cant access settings, windows search bar and mircrosft store it says file dose not have an app associated with it for performing this action settings not working even tho its settings i need help plz thank you...
  4. My search bar just stopped working

in Cortana
    My search bar just stopped working: Hello.i got a problem with my seach bar not working, the first time i saw it when i opend the search bar it wont let me type anything, i looked up ways to fix it none of it worked i tried lots of ways like refreshing the file explorer, disabling bing, i did some cmds i reset...
  5. My search bar just stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar just stopped working: Hello.i got a problem with my seach bar not working, the first time i saw it when i opend the search bar it wont let me type anything, i looked up ways to fix it none of it worked i tried lots of ways like refreshing the file explorer, disabling bing, i did some cmds i reset...
  6. My search bar just stopped working

7. I bought a HP DeskJet4152e new printer and can not connect it to my computer a HP windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a HP DeskJet4152e new printer and can not connect it to my computer a HP windows...: Split from this thread. I bought a HP DeskJet4152e new printer and can not connect it to my computer a HP windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-hp-deskjet4152e-new-printer-and-can-not/3a0fd8be-a484-4091-b4a5-fd018effdc95
  8. I bought a HP DeskJet4152e new printer and can not connect it to my computer a HP windows...

I bought a HP DeskJet4152e new printer and can not connect it to my computer a HP windows...: Split from this thread. I bought a HP DeskJet4152e new printer and can not connect it to my computer a HP windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-hp-deskjet4152e-new-printer-and-can-not/3a0fd8be-a484-4091-b4a5-fd018effdc95
  9. New Search Bar??!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Search Bar??!?!?: [IMG] For some reason, I have a new simplified search bar, yet my friends and others online don't seem to have it. Is this a bug or purposeful? How do I change it so it says "Type here to search" again?...
  10. Bought a new computer. The search engine is Yahoo. I set the default search engine as...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bought a new computer. The search engine is Yahoo. I set the default search engine as...: Please help. How to get Google to search. (I don't like Yahoo to search.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-a-new-computer-the-search-engine-is-yahoo-i/16b5e678-59d4-4a96-9167-2e11010d9a25