Windows 10: I just bought a used gaming computer, and can’t get past Windows 10 log in screen

Discus and support I just bought a used gaming computer, and can’t get past Windows 10 log in screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I purchased this gaming computer, for the purpose of iRacing specifically, and the seller forgot to unlock/remove his account off of it. He also... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KMLaw, May 14, 2021.

1. KMLaw Win User

I just bought a used gaming computer, and can’t get past Windows 10 log in screen

I purchased this gaming computer, for the purpose of iRacing specifically, and the seller forgot to unlock/remove his account off of it. He also forgot to give me the PIN for the Windows 10 log in screen. I already reached out to him and am waiting for a response, but how do I get past this, so I can remove his Microsoft account and put mine in? I don’t have a Windows 10 disk, so there is no option for me to wipe clean and install. I just need to get past this Windows log in screen.Kelly

:)

KMLaw, May 14, 2021

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2021
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, May 14, 2021
  4. jds63 Win User

I just bought a used gaming computer, and can’t get past Windows 10 log in screen

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. I just bought a used gaming computer, and can’t get past Windows 10 log in screen - Similar Threads - bought used gaming

2. Can’t get past login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get past login screen: Hello, I just recently moved into a new house and after setting up my computer it boots into the login screen however it will not show me the option to put in my password.I am on windows 11.CPU: ryzen 5 3600RAM: 16 gb ddr4GPU: amd radeon 6600MOBO: msi b450m pro-vdh max...
  3. Can’t get past login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get past login screen: Hello, I just recently moved into a new house and after setting up my computer it boots into the login screen however it will not show me the option to put in my password.I am on windows 11.CPU: ryzen 5 3600RAM: 16 gb ddr4GPU: amd radeon 6600MOBO: msi b450m pro-vdh max...
  4. Can’t get past windows pin screen

Can’t get past windows pin screen: When I enter my pin or click “forgot my pin” it just returns me to the same screen prompting me to enter my pin. I have tried shutting down the computer and pressing esc before it gets to that screen so that I could access the startup menu. Anything I select from that screen...
  5. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.: When I type in my PIN, it says “Your Credentials could not be verified”. The only option is to hit OK. Which then gives me the message “Something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available status: 0xc000006d, substats:: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again. So, I then click Set...
  6. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.: When I type in my PIN, it says “Your Credentials could not be verified”. The only option is to hit OK. Which then gives me the message “Something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available status: 0xc000006d, substats:: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again. So, I then click Set...
  7. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Can’t get past blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get past blue screen: Computer won’t go past blue screen I tried to do system restore I get a error, tried startup repair just brings me back to blue screen, Tried uninstall updates didn’t work, Tried putting it in safe mode but just puts my back into the boot up logo screen and just spins and...
  9. I can’t get past the login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t get past the login screen: My laptop won’t let me get past the login screen, when I boot it up it gets to where the login page should be but no prompt to enter my password pops up. I’ve tried start up repair and resetting my laptop but it just says something like “can’t reset computer nothing was...
  10. I can’t get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t get past the welcome screen: When i input my password on my computer’s welcome screen, it acts like it’s been accepted, but suddenly stops and tells me the password is incorrect. The password is CORRECT, but is still not working. I think there is something faulty with the Windows 10 installation, but...