Windows 10: I just built my first PC

Discus and support I just built my first PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so the setup is asking me to connect to the internet and my motherboard doesn’t have WiFi and the nearest Ethernet access point is on the other side of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/botarded, May 5, 2020.

1. I just built my first PC

so the setup is asking me to connect to the internet and my motherboard doesn’t have WiFi and the nearest Ethernet access point is on the other side of my room and I don’t want it to download a bunch of bloatware and also my dad pays for office 365 and OneDrive so can I connect to those things later?

submitted by /u/botarded
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/botarded, May 5, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 5, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    "Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, May 5, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

I just built my first PC

Audio not working on a freshly built W10 PC?

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer this question to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested below.

Fix sound problems

Also install all pending Windows updates in your PC. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you better. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 5, 2020
Thema:

I just built my first PC

1. I just built my first PC - Similar Threads - built

2. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS: Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning...
  3. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS: Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning...
  4. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.: Hi! I've been having problems with bluescreening on my pc. I've had it since august 2023 and it's just constantly been BSOD-ing etc with similar bluescreens. I've tried most of the stuff on here, online and nothing seems to be working. The BSOD's i've been having...
  6. constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.

constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.: Hi! I've been having problems with bluescreening on my pc. I've had it since august 2023 and it's just constantly been BSOD-ing etc with similar bluescreens. I've tried most of the stuff on here, online and nothing seems to be working. The BSOD's i've been having...
  7. constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How do I fix my laptops built in camera?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my laptops built in camera?: Hello, I am on a Victus by Hp Gaming Laptop 15t-fa100, 15.6" and my camera has disappeared. I have tried to look in device manager to find nothing and looked on the HP support page to find nothing as well. The HP site does not have any drivers for the camera of my computer. I...
  9. How do I fix my laptops built in camera?

How do I fix my laptops built in camera?: Hello, I am on a Victus by Hp Gaming Laptop 15t-fa100, 15.6" and my camera has disappeared. I have tried to look in device manager to find nothing and looked on the HP support page to find nothing as well. The HP site does not have any drivers for the camera of my computer. I...
  10. My built-in camera on a lenovo laptop isn't being found, and it says code 45 camera not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My built-in camera on a lenovo laptop isn't being found, and it says code 45 camera not...: I need help on how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-camera-on-a-lenovo-laptop-isnt-being/fa0dcf51-e69a-4ec2-a07d-5620661f5e29