Windows 10: I just built my very first pc, I have a Windows 10 key, but I have no clue how to install it...

Discus and support I just built my very first pc, I have a Windows 10 key, but I have no clue how to install it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought a key online and it came in the form of a code that looks like this: (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX) I’m guessing I have to download this key to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/grahamthehuman, Jul 19, 2020.

1. I just built my very first pc, I have a Windows 10 key, but I have no clue how to install it...

I bought a key online and it came in the form of a code that looks like this:

(XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX)

I’m guessing I have to download this key to a USB drive, right? I just have absolutely no clue how to do that.

Please help!!

submitted by /u/grahamthehuman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/grahamthehuman, Jul 19, 2020

2. I have just updated my PC's to windows 10

Hi Hugh,

In your first PC, you have mentioned that your disc drive is not recognized in File Explorer but is displayed in the Device Manager. This could occur if a drive letter is not assigned to the CD/DVD drive. I would suggest you to try assigning a drive letter
    to the disc drive and then check if it is displayed in the File Explorer. Press Windows key + X, click on 'Disk management' and then check if the disk drive is listed. If it is listed without a drive letter, right click on the drive and select 'Change drive
    letter and paths'. Click on 'Add' and then assign a drive letter that is not assigned for any other drives. Now, open File Explorer and check if the drive is listed.

In your second PC, you have mentioned that there is no sound. In this case, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested in this article and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 19, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

I just built my very first pc, I have a Windows 10 key, but I have no clue how to install it...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

I just built my very first pc, I have a Windows 10 key, but I have no clue how to install it...

1. I just built my very first pc, I have a Windows 10 key, but I have no clue how to install it... - Similar Threads - built very key

2. I just built my first pc and when I power it on it says it failed to start. I have tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just built my first pc and when I power it on it says it failed to start. I have tried...: I went through and everything is put together correctly. I have a flashdrive to install windows as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-built-my-first-pc-and-when-i-power-it-on-it/b366d553-790a-4e1b-80b7-0fe0067cc447
  3. I just built my first pc and when I power it on it says it failed to start. I have tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just built my first pc and when I power it on it says it failed to start. I have tried...: I went through and everything is put together correctly. I have a flashdrive to install windows as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-built-my-first-pc-and-when-i-power-it-on-it/b366d553-790a-4e1b-80b7-0fe0067cc447
  4. I just built my first pc and when I power it on it says it failed to start. I have tried...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I have been having a very VERY annoying issue present on my PC that I hand Built myself & I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been having a very VERY annoying issue present on my PC that I hand Built myself & I...: As noted above. This question simply is asking, why EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I "Turn on my PC," My app's open as directed through the "Startup" process I have selected, & than my app's open as they should, but than a browser window opens with 4 tabs open, 2 showing the same...
  6. I have been having a very VERY annoying issue present on my PC that I hand Built myself & I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been having a very VERY annoying issue present on my PC that I hand Built myself & I...: As noted above. This question simply is asking, why EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I "Turn on my PC," My app's open as directed through the "Startup" process I have selected, & than my app's open as they should, but than a browser window opens with 4 tabs open, 2 showing the same...
  7. I have been having a very VERY annoying issue present on my PC that I hand Built myself & I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I have just built my first pc and have plugged the Ethernet cable in. However I have no...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have just built my first pc and have plugged the Ethernet cable in. However I have no...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wrong-Philosopher559 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwcmq3/i_have_just_built_my_first_pc_and_have_plugged/
  9. I have no clue how my 10 pro key is activated

I have no clue how my 10 pro key is activated: I put it on my laptop with media creation tool and there's no watermark. It came with windows 8 so maybe that's why? submitted by /u/IPlayFo4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2qwk7/i_have_no_clue_how_my_10_pro_key_is_activated/
  10. I just built my first PC

I just built my first PC: so the setup is asking me to connect to the internet and my motherboard doesn’t have WiFi and the nearest Ethernet access point is on the other side of my room and I don’t want it to download a bunch of bloatware and also my dad pays for office 365 and OneDrive so can I...