Windows 10: I just changed my email and password to my Microsoft account. Shortly after this I shut...

Discus and support I just changed my email and password to my Microsoft account. Shortly after this I shut... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just changed my email and password to my Microsoft account. Shortly after this I shut down my pc and when I tried to login in it shows "sign in".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brian Ngugi, Nov 12, 2022.

1. I just changed my email and password to my Microsoft account. Shortly after this I shut...

I just changed my email and password to my Microsoft account. Shortly after this I shut down my pc and when I tried to login in it shows "sign in". Before i did the changes to my Microsoft account i had a pin as a password and I just used to type it in and logged into my laptop. Now all I see is sign in and when I try sign in nothing happens. I have tried launching it in safe mode and safe mode with networking but it still doesn't do anything. I need help please I don't what to do. I know my password but somehow they removed that option and put the sign in option instead. Now I am locked out o

:)

Brian Ngugi, Nov 12, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 12, 2022
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Nov 12, 2022
  4. I just changed my email and password to my Microsoft account. Shortly after this I shut...

Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to change your child’s Microsoft Account password. In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

1. Login to
      www.login.live.com
      using your child’s Microsoft Account.
    2. Click on forgot password.
    3. Check the radio button and enter the Email account to send the code.
    4. In case you don’t have access to that verification email account then click on
      I don’t have any of these.
    5. Now follow the onscreen steps and check if you are able to reset the password.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 12, 2022
Thema:

I just changed my email and password to my Microsoft account. Shortly after this I shut...

1. I just changed my email and password to my Microsoft account. Shortly after this I shut... - Similar Threads - changed email password

2. I cant change my microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change my microsoft account password: I have a microsoft account that i cant remember its password and when i m trying to reset it when i m putting the email to verify that thats the correct one on my email have not been sent any code....
  3. I cant change my microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant change my microsoft account password: I have a microsoft account that i cant remember its password and when i m trying to reset it when i m putting the email to verify that thats the correct one on my email have not been sent any code....
  4. My Microsoft account was hacked email and password changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft account was hacked email and password changed: Today 27th of August I was playing Minecraft Java Edition and I was logged out, so I tried logging back in to no avail. That's when I went to Microsoft.com and I needed to log in, I typed in my email and I got an error message that said "there is not Microsoft account with...
  5. My Microsoft account was hacked email and password changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Microsoft account was hacked email and password changed: Today 27th of August I was playing Minecraft Java Edition and I was logged out, so I tried logging back in to no avail. That's when I went to Microsoft.com and I needed to log in, I typed in my email and I got an error message that said "there is not Microsoft account with...
  6. My Microsoft account was hacked email and password changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Hacker changed my email and password and I cant access my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacker changed my email and password and I cant access my account: My Microsoft account was hacked yesterday and the email under my account was changed along with my password. I have been fully kicked out of the account and I'm unable to access it, all I have are the emails from Microsoft when the hacker was changing my information. I still...
  8. I just changed my email and password to my Microsoft account. Shortly after this I shut...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just changed my email and password to my Microsoft account. Shortly after this I shut...: I just changed my email and password to my Microsoft account. Shortly after this I shut down my pc and when I tried to login in it shows "sign in". Before i did the changes to my Microsoft account i had a pin as a password and I just used to type it in and logged into my...
  9. I want to change my Microsoft account email but I can't access my email

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my Microsoft account email but I can't access my email: I just had my Gmail account hooked to my Microsoft account get deleted for trying to make another Gmail account. I still know the password to my Microsoft account, but now I can't access anything when it asks for a code that has been sent to my Gmail that was deleted. I can...
  10. I forgot my password on my Microsoft account and I cant change it.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my password on my Microsoft account and I cant change it.: Hello,I have a problem with my Microsoft windows account and I cant sign into it because I forgot the password. When I click "Forgot my PIN" it says "Just a moment" and loads for 5 seconds then it gets back and every time I do this is always the same. I tried so many...