Windows 10: I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help!

Discus and support I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/warrior101kdn [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/warrior101kdn, Jan 16, 2020.

1. I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help!

/u/warrior101kdn, Jan 16, 2020

2. Frozen at "Preparing Startup Repair" Windows 10

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

As you are unable to enter the BIOS to change the boot order, I suggest you to completely shut down the computer and restart. As soon as the computer restarts press/hold the F2 key and check if the system enters BIOS. If the system enters the BIOS, then
    change the boot order and make CD/DVD/USB as priority and boot from the installation media after making the changes in BIOS. Once the computer boots from the installation media, follow the steps provided below:

Perform Startup repair.

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 16, 2020
  4. I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help!

Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help!

1. I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help! - Similar Threads - did startup repair

2. my computer will not boot up. I did an update and now it will not repair, and I always...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer will not boot up. I did an update and now it will not repair, and I always...: Can't open file: X:\sources\Recovery\tools\HP\Rita-tool\Windows won't repairIt won't do anything but give me the following. I do not have a back up disk. I am screwed!! I can see it through command prompt but it won't boot...
  3. my computer will not boot up. I did an update and now it will not repair, and I always...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer will not boot up. I did an update and now it will not repair, and I always...: Can't open file: X:\sources\Recovery\tools\HP\Rita-tool\Windows won't repairIt won't do anything but give me the following. I do not have a back up disk. I am screwed!! I can see it through command prompt but it won't boot...
  4. my computer will not boot up. I did an update and now it will not repair, and I always...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.: I downloaded and installed Microsoft updates but when the computer restarted all I got was a black screen with no display at all. I reset several times as was advised in several other support issues I read trying to trigger windows repair. Did this about 5 times now when I...
  6. I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.: I downloaded and installed Microsoft updates but when the computer restarted all I got was a black screen with no display at all. I reset several times as was advised in several other support issues I read trying to trigger windows repair. Did this about 5 times now when I...
  7. I just did a windows update now I can't use my computer at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Just did the feature update, now my profile icon is cursed. Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just did the feature update, now my profile icon is cursed. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_H3X1C [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hy4x8i/just_did_the_feature_update_now_my_profile_icon/
  9. I’m stuck in startup repair please Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    I’m stuck in startup repair please Help!: So my pc starts undoing changes an infinite amount of times so I enabled safe mode which worked but I was unable to put the correct password even though I did. I went to advanced options and accidentally clicked on startup repair and now I’m stuck. Since I don’t know the...
  10. Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen: I am having a really weird problem. I attempted to boot my computer up today, and I was greeted with a totally unresponsive desktop. No icons loaded except for the taskbar, and clicking anywhere on the taskbar does nothing. I tried a hard shutdown and I restarted to the same...