Windows 10: I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help!

Discus and support I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/warrior101kdn [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/warrior101kdn, Jan 16, 2020.

1. I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help!

/u/warrior101kdn, Jan 16, 2020

2. Frozen at "Preparing Startup Repair" Windows 10

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

As you are unable to enter the BIOS to change the boot order, I suggest you to completely shut down the computer and restart. As soon as the computer restarts press/hold the F2 key and check if the system enters BIOS. If the system enters the BIOS, then
    change the boot order and make CD/DVD/USB as priority and boot from the installation media after making the changes in BIOS. Once the computer boots from the installation media, follow the steps provided below:

Perform Startup repair.

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 16, 2020
  4. I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help!

Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help!

1. I just did a startup repair and now my computer is frozen like this. Please help! - Similar Threads - did startup repair

2. Please Help My Computer Freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help My Computer Freezes: My Computer started to randomly freeze it self even in idle. I Power down the OreoJay using the physical button (My bad) Last time because out of nowhere my CPU Fan Stopped working and the laptop won't shut it self until the laptop cools down. Today I started the Laptop and...
  3. I’m stuck in startup repair please Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    I’m stuck in startup repair please Help!: So my pc starts undoing changes an infinite amount of times so I enabled safe mode which worked but I was unable to put the correct password even though I did. I went to advanced options and accidentally clicked on startup repair and now I’m stuck. Since I don’t know the...
  4. I think i did something? Please help

I think i did something? Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vostful [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1rrw5/i_think_i_did_something_please_help/
  5. Please help - unable to reset - frozen mystery

Please help - unable to reset - frozen mystery: [ATTACH] Inherited PC. Person that died was educated in computers. Trying to wipe PC clean for personal use. I get stuck at the screen below every time. Disables my mouse and keyboard to select anything. I think he rigged it to be this way. I burned a Win10 ISO USB to wipe...
  6. I did something dumb, please help?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I did something dumb, please help?: I was trying to turn in Windows Dark mode it was not working and so I looked it up and found a guild, I did what it said and now I cannot log into my computer. It said perform a clean boot. To do this open system configuration, uncheck startup items then go into services...
  7. Why did you messed up my computer like this?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did you messed up my computer like this?!: Windows 10 Update 1809 killed my computer. Lost 15-25% speed. Why did you do this? I hate Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-you-messed-up-my-computer-like-this/d885c796-aa1c-4538-98c9-7f65a5611236
  8. My Computer is Unusable. PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer is Unusable. PLEASE HELP!!: NOTE: as I was writing this post ANOTHER BSOD happened *Sad Hi All, I need help. My computer is basically useless now with BSOD every 5-15min constantly. And this all started after I did the dreadful Anniversary Update. In the mist of all the problems I got...
  9. Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen: I am having a really weird problem. I attempted to boot my computer up today, and I was greeted with a totally unresponsive desktop. No icons loaded except for the taskbar, and clicking anywhere on the taskbar does nothing. I tried a hard shutdown and I restarted to the same...
  10. Need Help Please- My computer is stuck on Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help Please- My computer is stuck on Automatic Repair: So my computer has been stuck on Automatic repair and I have tried almost every solution that I can find; and yes I tried to install a new version of windows 10 but it doesnt work. I reinstalled windows yesterday. And today it went back to automatic repair Also this is...