Windows 10: i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...

Discus and support i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean before so all my partition deleted now?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Jun 11, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...

i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean before so all my partition deleted now?

:)

sanyijani, Jun 11, 2021

2. clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

Hi,

1. You cannot convert mbr to gpt without data loss. otherwise, you can follow directions here:

FROM WINDOWS RECOVERY CONSOLE:

To change a master boot record disk into a GUID partition table disk using a command line

• Back up or move the data on the basic master boot record (MBR) disk you want to convert into a GUID partition table (GPT) disk.

• Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

2. I'd suggest converting your vista drive to a virtual machine, load that up on your windows 10 system and use a program like virtualbox to run it.

CoatH4nger, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Jun 11, 2021
  4. i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...

Smittychat., Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...

1. i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean... - Similar Threads - did convert mbr

2. I deleted my recovery partition using diskpart and I did not do it in administrator mode. I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted my recovery partition using diskpart and I did not do it in administrator mode. I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VrManWithThePlan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lvp3j6/i_deleted_my_recovery_partition_using_diskpart/
  3. Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart: selamn aleykm my friends when i say diskpartda clean it says virtual disk servicess error what is the solution 161380
  4. mbr gpt partition help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mbr gpt partition help: hello guys I need help, in windows 10 I converted the ssd disk with mbr partition to gpt using the mbr2gpt / convert command from cmd. Everything works perfect and windows works in uefi mode. but it turns out that I want to install on another partition of another hard drive...
  5. convert mbr not needed after diskpart clean command?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    convert mbr not needed after diskpart clean command?: @NavyLCDR, you said in another thread: The clean command in diskpart automatically converts the drive to MBR. "Convert MBR" is never necessary after the "clean" command. I tested this and does not appear to be the case. Flash drive is GPT before and after the clean command...
  6. convert MBR to GPT disk

convert MBR to GPT disk: DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B Disk 1 Online 7633 MB 0 B DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size...
  7. Do I need to convert MBR to GPT to do a clean install?

Do I need to convert MBR to GPT to do a clean install?: Hi, I have some tech knowledge, but not an expert! I can disassemble/remove parts from my laptop with proper instruction, etc. I have an odd situation. I have an Alienware17 that I currently cannot boot. It originally came with Win7Pro, then I did the free Win10 upgrade....
  8. Diskpart question-convert from GPT to MBR on a flash drive

Diskpart question-convert from GPT to MBR on a flash drive: Hi, I have a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive that was created using Rufus so it has GPT partition table for UEFI setup. I want to put it back to MBR partition style using Diskpart. In diskpart if I select the disk and then use the clean command does the disk go back to...
  9. how to convert MBR to GPT?

how to convert MBR to GPT?: hi I have a problem in installing Windows 10 from usb drive. Error is "windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has MBR partition table. on efi system windows can only installed to GPT disk" I have formatted without aware this issue. I have few...
  10. utility to convert MBR disk with Windows partitions to GPT?

utility to convert MBR disk with Windows partitions to GPT?: Does this utility exist? I've tried Minitool's free version, which claims to support MBR to GPT conversion, but I got a warning that the disk would not be bootable. I downloaded a trial of the paid Easeus partition manager and when I tried that conversion, I got an...