Windows 10: i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...

Discus and support i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean before so all my partition deleted now?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Jun 11, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...

i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean before so all my partition deleted now?

:)

sanyijani, Jun 11, 2021

2. clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

Hi,

1. You cannot convert mbr to gpt without data loss. otherwise, you can follow directions here:

FROM WINDOWS RECOVERY CONSOLE:

To change a master boot record disk into a GUID partition table disk using a command line

• Back up or move the data on the basic master boot record (MBR) disk you want to convert into a GUID partition table (GPT) disk.

• Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

2. I'd suggest converting your vista drive to a virtual machine, load that up on your windows 10 system and use a program like virtualbox to run it.

CoatH4nger, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Jun 11, 2021
  4. i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...

Smittychat., Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...

1. i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean... - Similar Threads - did convert mbr

2. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  3. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  4. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  5. Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT: Hello everyone,I am attempting to convert windows 10 installation from MBR to GPT using the MBR2GPT.EXE tool. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gptThe documentation states:MBR2GPT.EXE converts a disk from the Master Boot Record MBR to the GUID...
  6. Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT: Hello everyone,I am attempting to convert windows 10 installation from MBR to GPT using the MBR2GPT.EXE tool. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gptThe documentation states:MBR2GPT.EXE converts a disk from the Master Boot Record MBR to the GUID...
  7. Is it possible to delete the EFI Partition after converting MBR to GPT

8. If i delete volume gpt to mbr i dont need partition converter or if i convert mbr to gpt...

If i delete volume gpt to mbr i dont need partition converter or if i convert mbr to gpt...: If i delete volume gpt to mbr i dont need partition converter or if i convert mbr to gpt without deleting volume it removes data built in tool or if i remove does it remove data whats worse if my partition was gpt gpt to mbr is much worse or mbr to gpt if i delete or not...
  9. diskpart clean with convert mbr to gpt makes it unrecoverable or deleting volume then...

diskpart clean with convert mbr to gpt makes it unrecoverable or deleting volume then...: diskpart clean with convert mbr to gpt makes it unrecoverable or deleting volume then convert gpt to mbr is worse makes it unrecoverable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean-with-convert-mbr-to-gpt-makes-it/d4c927e7-5a09-482b-bbfa-502b9f9b60a0
  10. Can i convert mbr to gpt with just deleting volume or diskpart clean is needed

Can i convert mbr to gpt with just deleting volume or diskpart clean is needed: Can i convert mbr to gpt with just deleting volume or diskpart clean is needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-convert-mbr-to-gpt-with-just-deleting-volume/2b3460fb-ca34-4104-ab83-8210e693e4c3