Windows 10: I Just Did Not Want To Assume!...Update? for Windows 10 OEM Dell PC XPS8940

Discus and support I Just Did Not Want To Assume!...Update? for Windows 10 OEM Dell PC XPS8940 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi and hoing you smiled today!If I install an outdated Windows 10 version, say a "Dell OEM for PC XPS8940 Windows 10 released May 2020 will this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Xoyn Z Nikay, Aug 1, 2021.

1. I Just Did Not Want To Assume!...Update? for Windows 10 OEM Dell PC XPS8940

Hi and hoing you smiled today!If I install an outdated Windows 10 version, say a "Dell OEM for PC XPS8940 Windows 10 released May 2020 will this outdated version automatically upgrade/update to the latest/most current Dell OEM Windows 10 version? Any help, thoughts, opinions, cautions are appreciated! Thanking you in advance.

:)

Xoyn Z Nikay, Aug 1, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 1, 2021
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Vulcan Win User

I Just Did Not Want To Assume!...Update? for Windows 10 OEM Dell PC XPS8940

Updated to 1803 via Windows Update - now D: OEM partition is showing

Here's how you remove it from OEM partition. Let's assume in this scenario that the OEM partition has letter F and it's listed as Volume 4. Here are the steps:

1. Do a search for cmd and right click it and run As Administrator.
    2. Type the following commands one by one (hit Enter after each one of them):

> diskpart
    > list volume
    > select volume 4
    > remove letter=F

Done.

Vulcan, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

I Just Did Not Want To Assume!...Update? for Windows 10 OEM Dell PC XPS8940

1. I Just Did Not Want To Assume!...Update? for Windows 10 OEM Dell PC XPS8940 - Similar Threads - Did Assume Update

2. Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did: I just updated today and now my computer shows thisHow do I stop it from saying this I have already hit both update and restart and update and shut down multiple times and it does not change. What do I do?...
  3. Did I just find crypto-malware on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did I just find crypto-malware on my PC?: I left my PC alone with Task Manager open, and I noticed 3 processes, called ".NET Runtime Optimization Service", sitting at the top (when sorting by CPU). I sat down at my PC, and as soon as I started using it, they started to move down the list and separate. After waiting...
  4. Transferring Windows 10 OEM license, did I violate terms?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows 10 OEM license, did I violate terms?: Hello, so here is my situation. Previously I had a Dell Alienware x51, that came with Windows 7 Home installed on it which I upgraded to Windows 10 for free. I then moved it into a new case and upgraded the GPU. Recently I bought a new Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and installed...
  5. I don't want a new PC ... just Windows 10

I don't want a new PC ... just Windows 10: I don't want a new PC ... just Windows 10. How do I get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-want-a-new-pc-just-windows-10/3f9e5baa-dec0-4dc9-8413-808855c95063
  6. I just want to die

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just want to die: So I got new headphones with mic and plugged them in, the mic was very quiet so I tried diffrent usb input and it was the same problem, so I downloaded drivers for this product and windows just didn't want to accept them, I unistalled them and tried another input this time it...
  7. i just want to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i just want to print: I have windows 10. it is abysmal. how do I print a document showing on the screen. heaven forbid it should be as simple as pressing a key called Print. at the moment I am emailing stuff to my ipad for printing, but not always possible. may put this computer in the dump....
  8. I just want a refund.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just want a refund.: The App doesn't work for $15, but a free App works just fine. How can I get my money back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windvd/i-just-want-a-refund/bee16b9a-0c35-4666-9670-fdc67a56b855
  9. I just wanted to state that Windows auto update is just the worst

I just wanted to state that Windows auto update is just the worst: My PC has been bricked since the Feb 18 update and nearly 6 months of trying every possible resolution and *GASP* taking it to 2 shops with no fix has left me with the undeniable fact that you did this. Everything worked fine after spending 3 days fixing a similar issue...
  10. Did Windows 10 just Break My PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did Windows 10 just Break My PC?: *MadEver since install..all 3 pc's have been acting weird....won't sleep or shut down properly, random crashes, go away 30 min. and when I come back, all my icons are huge...???? and just now my Desk Top just powered off and it's completely DEAD!!!. No lights on the MB,...