Windows 10: I just did the mistake to update to windows 10 octomber 2020 edition and i can no longer...

Discus and support I just did the mistake to update to windows 10 octomber 2020 edition and i can no longer... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't want to have my windows linked to a microsoft account. I want a local account like it was before the update. I don't want to have a password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SicknT1r3d, Nov 27, 2020.

1. I just did the mistake to update to windows 10 octomber 2020 edition and i can no longer...

I don't want to have my windows linked to a microsoft account. I want a local account like it was before the update.

I don't want to have a password.

I don't want to have to be online to be able to log in in my windows

Sign in options don't give me the option to disable my password

Sign in options don't give me the option to change my password

netplwiz no longer has that checkbox that you unchecked and you could log in without typing your password

How am i going to log in to my windows without been online?

:)

SicknT1r3d, Nov 27, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 27, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Nov 27, 2020
  4. EdKiefer Win User

I just did the mistake to update to windows 10 octomber 2020 edition and i can no longer...

How to get the Windows 10 October 2020 Update version 20H2 Win Update

I agree totally, I personally don't like running unknown exe or scripts as it is not always known what it is doing in background to undo if things go bad.
    At least with registry edits you can undo it pretty easy unless it bricks system after the edit but that's not normal thing (I have not run into that).

EdKiefer, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

I just did the mistake to update to windows 10 octomber 2020 edition and i can no longer...

1. I just did the mistake to update to windows 10 octomber 2020 edition and i can no longer... - Similar Threads - did mistake update

2. Did I corrupt my Windows by mistake?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did I corrupt my Windows by mistake?: Reinstalled Windows, I have realized I've selected the wrong language, I have 2 users, one wasn't set up yet, but it was created. I added the language I want to use, tried to remove the one added by mistake. It signed me out, removed it, entered the second account, it bugged...
  3. I did a mistake

I did a mistake: So..I recently reinstalled windows on my laptop and i went for a clean install(the laptop wouldn't boot). I accidentally deleted(unallocated) my D: drive....Is there any way i can get it back? (currently typing this on the laptop with just 200GB of storage) submitted by...
  4. Can I just not update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I just not update?: I tried to update to 20H2 but due to the error of VirtualBox, I can't. I read all the articles you might provide me to remove Virtualbox but none of them worked. I can't simply find any software with a background in Virtualbox. My laptop kept telling me that to fix this...
  5. Registry edit mistake. Am I screwed?

Registry edit mistake. Am I screwed?: I wanted to change my username because I wanted a different username in the filepath, so I did it from the control panel, originally. However, my old username was still being shown in the filepath, and I read that I could change that with the Registry Editor. I did that in...
  6. Did windows 10 got an update on these logos or did I just catch a virus? If so, what can I...

Did windows 10 got an update on these logos or did I just catch a virus? If so, what can I...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/q7s24lqn9lk41.png?width=213&format=png&auto=webp&s=f39bc140632de527b15f774d9a9d5b86354de3de submitted by /u/larguicerdo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fd844i/did_windows_10_got_an_update_on_these_logos_or/
  7. Did Microsoft release another Windows 10 update by mistake?

in Windows 10 News
    Did Microsoft release another Windows 10 update by mistake?: Back in October 2019, Microsoft released an update intended for Autopilot-powered devices to its entire userbase; the company pulled the update soon thereafter. It appears that Microsoft made a similar mistake in December 2019 when it pushed yet another update designed for...
  8. I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn: I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-updated-windows-10-and-i-can-no-longer-use/f35e7e6b-f839-4741-b842-76022e1138ef
  9. Windows 10 just did an update. Windows wallpaper I chose is no longer available.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 just did an update. Windows wallpaper I chose is no longer available.: Windows 10 just did an update. I had chosen one of the available wallpapers from windows set as my background. Now the background is no longer available. It seems that the update removed the background so that I can no longer choose it via the personalization / background...
  10. I just upgraded to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809, but I can no longer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just upgraded to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809, but I can no longer...: I noticed since upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10, my computer is no longer shutting down or restarting. Is there anything I can do to fix this?...