Windows 10: I just found my old computer and hooked it up and installed windows 10 (it was windows 7...

Discus and support I just found my old computer and hooked it up and installed windows 10 (it was windows 7... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please help submitted by /u/A1B1D1U1L1 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A1B1D1U1L1, Jul 9, 2020.

1. I just found my old computer and hooked it up and installed windows 10 (it was windows 7...

/u/A1B1D1U1L1, Jul 9, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 9, 2020
  4. I just found my old computer and hooked it up and installed windows 10 (it was windows 7...

Install windows 10, 7 or both on my desktop pc?!

so. my new desktop is here (the one in my specs list), and although i only got 1x 250gb ssd for now, im still unsure whether i should install windows 7 or 10... i have been using windows 7 until today, but im tempted to give windows 10 a go, to see how it works etc, since i have never tried it properly. on the other hand, im super comfy with windows 7. i know it quite well and im very satisfied with it. i know that im stuck with DX11 for windows 7, but im not the hardcore gamer or so, but i'd like to have the possibility to play future games too, but i can still do that with windows 7, can't i?

so. im leaning more towards installing windows 7 at first and then maybe install windows 10 as a secondary OS. how does that sound? would it work good? i have tried reading up on a recent thread in here about that, and that seemed to be working great for that person.

anything i should remember/keep in mind when/if i choose to have 2 OS on 1x hdd? obviously, i need to install them onto 2 different partitions, but how much space should i allocate for each OS on my 250gb ssd? that way, if i dislike windows 10 that much, i can simply continue with my windows 7 and just delete the window 10 partition.

thanks for any advises on this.

minstreless, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

I just found my old computer and hooked it up and installed windows 10 (it was windows 7...

1. I just found my old computer and hooked it up and installed windows 10 (it was windows 7... - Similar Threads - found old computer

2. I just found my old computer and right now its on windows 7 and im trying to update it to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just found my old computer and right now its on windows 7 and im trying to update it to...: I just found my old computer and right now its on windows 7 and im trying to update it to windows 11 but when i try to it says windows could not search for new updates. So what should I do cause i cant download anything while still on windows 7...
  3. I just found my old computer and right now its on windows 7 and im trying to update it to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just found my old computer and right now its on windows 7 and im trying to update it to...: I just found my old computer and right now its on windows 7 and im trying to update it to windows 11 but when i try to it says windows could not search for new updates. So what should I do cause i cant download anything while still on windows 7...
  4. ave hooked up anothe computer to my wifi and now the new one i hooked up is saying video...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ave hooked up anothe computer to my wifi and now the new one i hooked up is saying video...: My computer is saying video input and no signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ave-hooked-up-anothe-computer-to-my-wifi-and-now/d38ce255-e3b8-4494-869f-9b0a6ad7dda0
  5. ave hooked up anothe computer to my wifi and now the new one i hooked up is saying video...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ave hooked up anothe computer to my wifi and now the new one i hooked up is saying video...: My computer is saying video input and no signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ave-hooked-up-anothe-computer-to-my-wifi-and-now/d38ce255-e3b8-4494-869f-9b0a6ad7dda0
  6. OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10: I HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON AN OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7? I JUST BOUGHT A NEW "HP LAPTOP" WITH WINDOWS 10, AND OPENED A NEW ACCOUNT BY ACCIDENT, USING PHONE # 1-850-225-4905~!! MY OLD ACCOUNT IS "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" and is what i use to sign-in to...
  7. HOOKING UP A TV TO MY COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOOKING UP A TV TO MY COMPUTER: I NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME HOW YOU GO ABOUT HOOKING UP A TV TO YOUR COMPUTER PLEASE THANK YOU JERRY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hooking-up-a-tv-to-my-computer/9e7caf1d-0758-4ee5-b6ba-11ce0531a783
  8. Help please - I just installed Windows 10 on a SSD. I want to hook up another HDD, but it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help please - I just installed Windows 10 on a SSD. I want to hook up another HDD, but it...: Hey all, I got a new SSD that's running Windows 10 home. I have a couple of hard drives that have been hooked up and working to this very same computer (same MB/CPU). I want to grab some files from them, but I'm not able to do that. Help please? The hard drives work. I can...
  9. Hooking up the computer to the tv

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hooking up the computer to the tv: I just got a new Acer Computer with an HDMI port. Question #1. On my tv does it matter which HDMI I use, like the one marked out? Now that it's hooked up what I see is my desktop background picture and in the lower left is the taskbar. I can hover over a browser and, in this...
  10. Just installed Windows 7 with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just installed Windows 7 with Windows 10: Hii, i just installed windows 7 in my hp laptop. Before i was running windows 10 on it but it was running too slow so i installed windows 7 thinking I will run 2 OSs .It installed perfectly and I am also able to run 2 OSs but the following drivers are not working :- 3D...