Windows 10: I just found out that the Storages Spaces Manager is called spaceman.exe

Discus and support I just found out that the Storages Spaces Manager is called spaceman.exe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DerpyPlayz18 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DerpyPlayz18, Apr 22, 2020.

1. I just found out that the Storages Spaces Manager is called spaceman.exe

/u/DerpyPlayz18, Apr 22, 2020

2. "Change" option not available to manage storage spaces

Hello KAC_NYC.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What type of storage pool are you using? (Simple, Two-way mirror, three-way mirror, and Parity)?
    • Where does the incorrect storage size occurs? Is it through Disk Management or File Explorer?
    • Kindly send me a screenshot of the missing "Change" link.

Meanwhile, you may try running the command in this article
    to optimize storage pool.

Currently, this is the only thread
    I've came across that is very similar to your concern.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    can't manage my storage spaces

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

Storage Spaces lets you group drives together in a storage pool. Then you can use pool capacity to create storage spaces. All you need is one or more extra drives in addition to the drive on which Windows is installed. These drives can be internal or external
    hard drives, or solid state drives. You can use a variety of types of drives with Storage Spaces, including USB, SATA, and SAS drives.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you try to access manage storage spaces?
    • Do you get any error messages? If yes, what is the complete error message?
    • Do you have extra drives in addition to the drive on which Windows is installed?
    Reply with required details which will help us to analyze and assist you in a better way.

Geethu B, Apr 22, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

I just found out that the Storages Spaces Manager is called spaceman.exe

Conflicting information on my Storage Space...

From disk management, it does report the same storage and used space as from explorer.
    May I ask did you try to create a storage pool or something ? if so, you should not mess with this.

Is this disk an external disk connected via USB ? WD or Seagate branch ?

I have the feeling that this disk is formatted with GPT type using 512K emulation so Windows get confused. To verify:

1. Right click on Disk 6 ->Properties->Volumes. What does it show on partition styles ? GPT ?
    2. Download Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free, install then run. What does it show on disk 7 ? MBR ?

If step 1 shows GPT and step 2 shows MBR then definitely the disk was formatted using 512K emulation. The reason they did this so that it would be recognized by WinXP or if you connect it to a TV.

Windows Updates failed is another problem you have. First, it tried to updates from 1703 -> 1709 and failed so any subsequent updates to 1803 also failed.

topgundcp, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

I just found out that the Storages Spaces Manager is called spaceman.exe

1. I just found out that the Storages Spaces Manager is called spaceman.exe - Similar Threads - found Storages Spaces

2. Out of storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of storage space: I have a HP Windows 11 laptop which has a 500 gb SSD drive in. It is reporting of of storage space and when I opened File Explorer it shows 316gb in the Windows folder, balance probably being crapware installed by HP, apps I have installed and personal files.With 0 space...
  3. Out of storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of storage space: I have a HP Windows 11 laptop which has a 500 gb SSD drive in. It is reporting of of storage space and when I opened File Explorer it shows 316gb in the Windows folder, balance probably being crapware installed by HP, apps I have installed and personal files.With 0 space...
  4. Running out of Storage Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running out of Storage Space: In 2016 I purchased a Dell computer from Dell here in Germany. My previous Dell ran out of storage space which was the reason for the purchase and I wanted a PC that would have more than enough. I purchased a Dell XPS 8900, w/16.0 RAM, using WIN 10 Home. The PC has an OS...
  5. Running out of Storage Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running out of Storage Space: In 2016 I purchased a Dell computer from Dell here in Germany. My previous Dell ran out of storage space which was the reason for the purchase and I wanted a PC that would have more than enough. I purchased a Dell XPS 8900, w/16.0 RAM, using WIN 10 Home. The PC has an OS...
  6. Running out of Storage Space

7. Windows Manage Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Manage Storage Spaces: Dear Windows Team,Are there any list of drives which are supported to use manage storage spaces.As I have 10x 5TB WD My Passport Drive all drives shows error while creating for pool like the listed drive doesn't support the pool option.Then which drives should I use?Any...
  8. Windows Manage Storage Spaces

Windows Manage Storage Spaces: Dear Windows Team,Are there any list of drives which are supported to use manage storage spaces.As I have 10x 5TB WD My Passport Drive all drives shows error while creating for pool like the listed drive doesn't support the pool option.Then which drives should I use?Any...
  9. Windows Manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Manage storage spaces: i have a windows 10 pro computer with a storage space set up with 3 drives in a two-way mirror and im wanting to move the storage space drives to a faster computer that im getting ready to build and reinstall windows in vmware vsphere. is there a way that i can move the...
  10. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...