Windows 10: I just got a call displaying my home phone number from Microsoft suggrsting I needed to...

Discus and support I just got a call displaying my home phone number from Microsoft suggrsting I needed to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got a call displaying my home phone number from Microsoft suggesting I needed to change my IP address is this a scam?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnGamin, Mar 11, 2019.

1. JohnGamin Win User

I just got a call displaying my home phone number from Microsoft suggrsting I needed to...

I just got a call displaying my home phone number from Microsoft suggesting I needed to change my IP address is this a scam?

:)

JohnGamin, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

3. manos Win User
    Call Log display help

Hi. The Call Log, if the contact is on my contact list, displays the Contact Name and below the Country/City instead of the Phone Number that was used to call me or the one i called. If the contact is not in my Contact List, it displays the Contact Number and below the Country/City.
    Is there any way to change the setting in the first situation to display the Contact Name and below the Phone Number used? I prefer a solution without the use of a third party app. Phone is on android 7 / Emui 5.0.1 and the build is BLN-L21C432B365.
    Thank you.

manos, Mar 11, 2019
  4. I just got a call displaying my home phone number from Microsoft suggrsting I needed to...

Microsofts Activation services phone #?

So I had an old rig that was running a RETAIL version of Win XP Home. Well the thing died. I want to use the product key from that old machine to do a win 7 upgrade, however, I cannot seem to find Microsoft's support number anywhere on their site, instead it redirects me to a page and here's what it says:

Well guess freakin what, THE COMPUTER IS DEAD, THEREFORE I CAN NOT DO ANY OF THOSE DAMN THINGS!!!!!!! *Bang Head :banghead:

This is seriously getting on my nerves!

Even googling it takes me to the same place. Does anyone have the number for their "Activation services" department?

BlackOmega, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

I just got a call displaying my home phone number from Microsoft suggrsting I needed to...

1. I just got a call displaying my home phone number from Microsoft suggrsting I needed to... - Similar Threads - got call displaying

2. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised: they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit...
  3. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised: they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit...
  4. I need help from Microsoft. Anyone have a phone number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help from Microsoft. Anyone have a phone number?: I need microsoft support as my computer is locked because windows defender detected a trojan spyware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-from-microsoft-anyone-have-a-phone/b655717e-ce00-4f4f-86de-4851a85259eb
  5. I need help from Microsoft. Anyone have a phone number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help from Microsoft. Anyone have a phone number?: I need microsoft support as my computer is locked because windows defender detected a trojan spyware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-from-microsoft-anyone-have-a-phone/b655717e-ce00-4f4f-86de-4851a85259eb
  6. I need help from Microsoft. Anyone have a phone number?

7. Need your phone number so I can call xuppoot

Need your phone number so I can call xuppoot: Send me a phone number for me to call support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-your-phone-number-so-i-can-call-xuppoot/0a56205b-4fea-4442-9a21-0f9a78b3a3eb
  8. a call from phone number +491787438522

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a call from phone number +491787438522: hello,I had a missed call from phone number +491709611192. And half hour later I received a call from phone number +491787438522, claiming to be calling from Microsoft. He speaking in English. It's a fraudulent phone call?...
  9. I got this phone call.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got this phone call.....: so I got this call this morning and the voicemail said "You're Microsoft subscription will end by then end of the day all Microsoft features will end today" as well as call this number now to renew is this real or fake?...
  10. I just renewed my assured membership & need a phone number to call them.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just renewed my assured membership & need a phone number to call them.: I just renewed my assured virus protection program & need a phone number to call them. I've been hacked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-renewed-my-assured-membership-need-a-phone/3e9ce551-cece-42ba-a7fa-5554d04b2343

Users found this page by searching for:

1. just got a call from my home phone number at my home