Windows 10: I Just Got a New Computer Built by my Brother... And the Printer Can't be Found by the...

Discus and support I Just Got a New Computer Built by my Brother... And the Printer Can't be Found by the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, just within a month ago I got a new computer from my brother who was nice enough to make one for me. That's not important, though. It's all normal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WindScar22, Apr 15, 2021.

1. I Just Got a New Computer Built by my Brother... And the Printer Can't be Found by the...

So, just within a month ago I got a new computer from my brother who was nice enough to make one for me. That's not important, though. It's all normal. Just an Acer with Windows 10. However, an issue arose by accident when I tried to connect my printer to my new computer tonight. I went to connect it by clicking, "Install Printer," from the print menu when opening a picture to print. When I did this, it found my printer and began to connect with the Printer, an HP Envy 4520, once I entered the Envy's code into the computer input box. Then, it began to connect as normal. But even after my one of them had said the connection was successful the other kept continuing to fully connect to it, so I stopped the connection to retry. Now, basically since then I haven't been able to reconnect to my printer.

I'm wondering if since it did connect on one of them before I clicked off of it to retry the connection that now it's in a Limbo state where it isn't listed on the computer because it's not connected to the printer but the computer doesn't "find" it because it already had connected to it prior and doesn't show already-connected-to-printers in its "nearby printers to connect to" list.

What do I do? I haven't heard anyone have this issue and it's really bugging me. BTW, if it helps the Printer's Wi-Fi does show up on my connectable Wi-Fis list.

:)

WindScar22, Apr 15, 2021
  2. PiKo Win User

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Check whether I understood you well.
    First try: Add new printer, Windows finds printer and loads its own drivers/programme automatically. It wprks but not with the Brother drivers.
    Second try: Brother package: failed
    I suggest a third try: Add new printer; the printer that I wanted is not listed; continue and see of your model is listed. in the list of printers.
    I had difficulties with setting up another Brother printer, and the third try solved it.

3. Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

Welcome to TenForums!

First, I would suggest installing the actual driver package from Brother. While the printer may work with the fairly generic drivers that come with Windows 10, I've always found that I get better results from the actual Brother drivers.

I have a rather old Brother printer so the exact steps may be a bit different from yours, but in my case when I install the drivers it will search the network for available printers and allow me to specify the printer that it finds. If it does not find a printer, it may ask you to initially setup the printer via a direct connection (USB), and then configure the printer for network use (WiFi).

In any case, the installation wizard should guide you through the steps.

hsehestedt, Apr 15, 2021
  4. WenRen44 Win User

I Just Got a New Computer Built by my Brother... And the Printer Can't be Found by the...

Brother MFC-465CN Printer

Thank you all for your suggestions. I gave up and purchased a new Brother printer as my last Brother printer worked great for 13 years until this issue.

WenRen44, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

I Just Got a New Computer Built by my Brother... And the Printer Can't be Found by the...

1. I Just Got a New Computer Built by my Brother... And the Printer Can't be Found by the... - Similar Threads - Got Computer Built

2. So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend.: So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend. With Windows 11When started it worked fine and was able to connect to the internet.After which I have tried to install my ssd and hdd into the new pc it already had an m.2 ssd installed At first I could see my files...
  3. So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend.: So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend. With Windows 11When started it worked fine and was able to connect to the internet.After which I have tried to install my ssd and hdd into the new pc it already had an m.2 ssd installed At first I could see my files...
  4. So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Brother printer can't find my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer can't find my computer.: Something recently changed with my printer and it says "offline" my laptops. I followed Brother's directions to remove and reinstall. I search for the printer, select it, and try to reinstall. The printer says my computer is trying to connect and I say "ok". Then the printer...
  6. Brother printer can't find my computer.

Brother printer can't find my computer.: Something recently changed with my printer and it says "offline" my laptops. I followed Brother's directions to remove and reinstall. I search for the printer, select it, and try to reinstall. The printer says my computer is trying to connect and I say "ok". Then the printer...
  7. No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040: I Just moved from an old PC to a new PC. I did NOT migrate. I am setting the new system fresh. The printer was working on the old PC which was running Windows 10 NOT Pro, using the same USB cable. Brother Printer HL-5040 now connected to a PC running Window 10 Pro, version...
  8. No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040

No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040: I Just moved from an old PC to a new PC. I did NOT migrate. I am setting the new system fresh. The printer was working on the old PC which was running Windows 10 NOT Pro, using the same USB cable. Brother Printer HL-5040 now connected to a PC running Window 10 Pro, version...
  9. No printer driver found for Brother HL-5040

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Brother built-in driver to connect Brother HL1430 printer to laptop running under windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother built-in driver to connect Brother HL1430 printer to laptop running under windows...: hello.i can not find the specific built-in printer driver for my Brother laser HL1430 printer under windows/set up a printer drivers list.Any idea of which one I can use instead, please?I tried Brother 1210w and 1218W but they do not work.I have connected this printer to...