Windows 10: I just got a new USB mic and it's not working properly. Nothing but static noise.

Discus and support I just got a new USB mic and it's not working properly. Nothing but static noise. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have uninstalled drivers, reinstalled them, tried updating, everything. I get nothing but a static feedback coming through the mic and it won't pick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/boneman1522, May 30, 2020.

1. I just got a new USB mic and it's not working properly. Nothing but static noise.

I have uninstalled drivers, reinstalled them, tried updating, everything. I get nothing but a static feedback coming through the mic and it won't pick up on my voice at all any ideas on how to fix this??

submitted by /u/boneman1522
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/boneman1522, May 30, 2020
  2. entex Win User

Win 10 PRO 64 Mic not working/ static or digital noise

Hi!

I have been having mic issues where its always in the red. I used "voice recorder" and its either static or a digital noise sound, kinda like an old dial up modem.

I tried all the suggested troubleshooting options and nothing worked.

I was messing around in Sound options and under mic, the default sample rate and bit depth was set to 32 bit, 44100 Hz.

I changed it to 16 bit, 19200 Hz and no more static or "digital noise". I can hear myself and it works like it used too.

Control Panel > Sound > Recording > Properties > Advanced. Change to a lower bit rate.

Did anyone else encounter this problem?

build 1909

entex, May 30, 2020
  3. GuiM1# Win User
    Windows 10 Microphone Noise suppression not working, background static noise

Hi guys,

My girlfriend just bought a new PC (ASUS x556u) and everything was working perfectly when i was with her. When i got home we decided to test the PC built in Cam and Mic, and i noticed right away an annoying background static noise. We have tried everything
    we can think of, Her Realtek HD Audio Manager is different from mine( i also have an ASUS). Her audio drivers are up to date. I suspect one thing is not working on her mic, when i take the tick out from the "noise suppression" option, she starts to hear the
    same static noise, but when she takes out the tick on her "noise suppression" option the static noise does not increase. That makes me believe that her "noise suppression" is not working, either she ticks it or not.

Can someone help please. (she spent a lot of time picking a good pc for her and now she is a bit sad her mic might not be working, if so she has to use the warranty and that takes time, we are students and we have exames soon, she needs the computer to study)

GuiM1#, May 30, 2020
  4. I just got a new USB mic and it's not working properly. Nothing but static noise.

Hearing static in mic

My friends claim that my mic has some sort of static noise when I call them from my computer

TheOnlyBoba, May 30, 2020
Thema:

I just got a new USB mic and it's not working properly. Nothing but static noise.

1. I just got a new USB mic and it's not working properly. Nothing but static noise. - Similar Threads - got USB mic

2. Occasional really loud static noise in mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional really loud static noise in mic: I have a Hyperx Quadcast microphone and I record with OBS, every now and then there will be a really loud static noise that actually hurt my ears when I played back one of my recordings, it seems to go on for maybe 15 or 20 minutes before going back to normal audio, although...
  3. Occasional really loud static noise in mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional really loud static noise in mic: I have a Hyperx Quadcast microphone and I record with OBS, every now and then there will be a really loud static noise that actually hurt my ears when I played back one of my recordings, it seems to go on for maybe 15 or 20 minutes before going back to normal audio, although...
  4. Occasional really loud static noise in mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Static Noise

Static Noise: Hi there, recently when I've been listening to stuff on my computer I get a static or crackle sound like it's breaking up. It's not the headphones, because I've tried it with three different pairs and it still sounds the same. I tried cleaning out the headphone jack and...
  6. USB mic not working properly

USB mic not working properly: I bought a Sudotack ST-800 mic and it's not working properly with my computer. When I go to look at it in the recording tab after clicking on souns from the audio thing in the taskbar it appears like thisWhen I went to test the audio in OBS, it didn't record anything. When I...
  7. Microphone outputs TV static noise and not functioning properly

Microphone outputs TV static noise and not functioning properly: Okay I know this is a million years old question, pardon and bear with me please. My brother's quite old lappy, Acer Aspire F15 is having a microphone issue. I noticed the microphone driver was missing and Windows does not automatically install it back don't know what was the...
  8. built in mic - static noise suddenly a problem.

built in mic - static noise suddenly a problem.: I use my built in mic a lot for meetings and training recordings. Yesterday I was working on some new training materials and began recording with the built in mic and my recording all started to have a static noise come through that's never been an issue before. My...
  9. Weird static noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird static noise: So whenever I’m listening to something on my computer (youtube, Spotify, etc) this weird noise happens which only gives out on the right ear. Unplugging and plugging in doesn’t do anything. Help submitted by /u/kingmrharvey [link] [comments]...
  10. Win 10 PRO 64 Mic not working/ static or digital noise

Win 10 PRO 64 Mic not working/ static or digital noise: Hi! I have been having mic issues where its always in the red. I used "voice recorder" and its either static or a digital noise sound, kinda like an old dial up modem. I tried all the suggested troubleshooting options and nothing worked. I was messing around in Sound...