Windows 10: I just got a windows laptop, its my first computer is there anything i should know

Discus and support I just got a windows laptop, its my first computer is there anything i should know in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any setup or maintenence info would be useful submitted by /u/ggxfgh [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ggxfgh, Aug 9, 2020.

1. /u/ggxfgh Win User

I just got a windows laptop, its my first computer is there anything i should know

Any setup or maintenence info would be useful

submitted by /u/ggxfgh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ggxfgh, Aug 9, 2020
  2. technicks Win User

Is there anything i should know?

Dude, I am sorry for ''Noobing'' you.*Laugh :laugh:
    Did not know. Hope the OC guide helps you.*Toast :toast:

Zubasa was trying to say that you should set your fanspeed from you noisy cooler to 100%.
    Try overclocking your card yourself. Core first, then mem. with steps of 5mhz at the time.

technicks, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Huxley2k7 Win User
    Is there anything i should know?

I just downloaded ATi Tool after trying it once i got my X1900XT a few months ago but it wasnt functioning properly back then with the X1900.

Anyway, now i got it back and im told its working okay with the X1900XT but is there anything that i should know about ATi Tool? Things i should run? Anything i should setup? Any Known issues? The reason im asking is because i didnt find the Ati Tool documentation link here in the forums very helpful or maybe im just being stupid *Smile I just got a windows laptop, its my first computer is there anything i should know :) I'm only using it for fan control, so im not worried about overclocking etc yet.

Thanks guys and thanks for the product w1zzard.

Huxley2k7, Aug 9, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

I just got a windows laptop, its my first computer is there anything i should know

Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. I just got a windows laptop, its my first computer is there anything i should know - Similar Threads - got laptop computer

2. hello, I always wanted to know if i should repair my laptop at home or should I just take...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hello, I always wanted to know if i should repair my laptop at home or should I just take...: This laptop was from my dad but he handed it down to me for when i need it for school, it was repaired but when i started using it again for my school powerpoint it started acting up, my background wallpaper slowly started becoming lighter, and my entire laptop was running...
  3. hello, I always wanted to know if i should repair my laptop at home or should I just take...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello, I always wanted to know if i should repair my laptop at home or should I just take...: This laptop was from my dad but he handed it down to me for when i need it for school, it was repaired but when i started using it again for my school powerpoint it started acting up, my background wallpaper slowly started becoming lighter, and my entire laptop was running...
  4. hello, I always wanted to know if i should repair my laptop at home or should I just take...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Day 8 of using my new laptop and I just got a BSOD. Should I get my laptop repaired?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Day 8 of using my new laptop and I just got a BSOD. Should I get my laptop repaired?: The laptop is a lenovo L340 gaming.According to the windows update tab in settings, I'm up to date. Haven't installed any optional updates though. Sorry for the images taking up a lot of space. Anyways onto the main problem:An hour ago, I restarted my laptop. However, it...
  6. Day 8 of using my new laptop and I just got a BSOD. Should I get my laptop repaired?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Day 8 of using my new laptop and I just got a BSOD. Should I get my laptop repaired?: The laptop is a lenovo L340 gaming.According to the windows update tab in settings, I'm up to date. Haven't installed any optional updates though. Sorry for the images taking up a lot of space. Anyways onto the main problem:An hour ago, I restarted my laptop. However, it...
  7. Day 8 of using my new laptop and I just got a BSOD. Should I get my laptop repaired?

8. first post here since i got my laptop and i finally got my first problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    first post here since i got my laptop and i finally got my first problem: i need help solving this issue i've been facing lately. i cant type anything in search for my apps or even search anything in settings and looking for any files if anyone could please help me solve this issuei'll be very thankful submitted by /u/shitty_meme_name [link]...
  9. I just got my first laptop today and have some doubts...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just got my first laptop today and have some doubts...: Ok so my mom will also be using the laptop for her office work and I have made 2 user profiles. My question is If I download any games/apps/files will it also appear on her profile? If yes how do stop it from appearing on hers.... submitted by /u/Shadow8779 [link]...
  10. Just got my first BSOD on windows 10

Just got my first BSOD on windows 10: So i just got my first BSOD i was streaming with Manycam at the time like i always do and out of know were BSOD, and restart, I wanted to note that my system just did a Nvidia driver update as well so not sure what caused this , nothing new added to the pc and no new programs...