Windows 10: pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money?

Discus and support pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Wish they get these people who do it, this pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money? When I got it,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ROBERTSCHROEDER4, Aug 18, 2019.

1. pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money?

Wish they get these people who do it, this pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money? When I got it, I hit the x to close it.

:)

ROBERTSCHROEDER4, Aug 18, 2019

2. I just got it

Wish they get these people who do it, this pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money? When I got it, I hit the x to close it.

ROBERTSCHROEDER4, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Error #0x80072ee7 is this a scam

Yes it is a scam, these pop-up in a browser attempting to con the user into calling the number listed, once the call is answered the user is asked to open event viewer & told the errors are indications of a virus/malware infection, then the spiel is given
    where money is asked for to clean the ‘infection’, if paid these scammers usually install malware & then call you back after a day or two to ask how things are, when you mention the malware they say they can clean it for more money. And the scam goes on.

Note that Microsoft will not cold call anyone, any pop-up saying that you have malware & to call a number is a scam. Just close the browser or webpage & clear out the cookies, cache & history to remove the pop-up, or close the browser via take manager.

Time Lady, Sep 28, 2019
  4. pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money?

Scammers

Unsolicited phone calls, browser pop-ups and
    emails (aka
    Tech Support Scamming
    ) from "so-called Support Techs" advising
    "your computer is infected with malware",
    “All Your Files Are Encrypted"
    and other
    fake "alert messages"
    has become an increasing common scam tactic over the past several years. The scams may involve web pages with screenshots of fake Microsoft (Windows) Support messages, fake reports of suspicious activity, fake warnings of malware
    found on your computer,
    fake ransomware
    and fake
    BSODs
    all of which include a tech support phone number to call in order to fix the problem. These are a few examples.

Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls, display pop-up alerts in your browser to call a support number or send unsolicited email messages to request personal or financial information or
    to fix your computer.

If the scam involves unsolicited phone calls from someone claiming to be an
    employee affiliated with Microsoft or Windows Support advising your computer is infected with malware,
    not answering any questions and hanging up the telephone is the best way to deal with phone scammers.

For more information and resources to protect yourself from scams, please read
    Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support Scams
    ...there are suggestions
    near the bottom for dealing with scams and a list of security scanning tools to use in case the usual methods do not resolve the problem.

quietman7 - MVP, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money?

1. pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money? - Similar Threads - pop scam scammer

2. Scammer had control of laptop before I caught on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammer had control of laptop before I caught on: earlier today I recieved a pop up saying that my computer was locked because my financial information had been accessed and to call microsoft tech support I called allowed access and then he wanted 250 i hung up then he still had access to system and threatened to deleat all...
  3. What is googleleadservives, pops up all the time. Do not see it in programs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is googleleadservives, pops up all the time. Do not see it in programs.: What is googleleadservives, pops up all the time. Do not see it in programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/googleleadservices/f558489b-dbdf-4c45-aa18-7ba74809d836
  4. Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website

Scammer Popped up on Amazon Website: I was trying to get on amazon and a warning page popped up that told me multiple accounts were being hacked into. How can I make that not pop up/do I forever need to just remember not to click that? It was the same exact message that another person had commented and written...
  5. Seeing the Microsoft account problem pop-up message. Scam or Not?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Seeing the Microsoft account problem pop-up message. Scam or Not?: I just logged onto my laptop I have windows 10. I had a pop-up message saying- "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your microsoft account. (Most likely your password changed). select here to fix it in shared experiences settings." I do not know if this is a scam or...
  6. Scam the Scammers

Scam the Scammers: If you get a call from somebody saying they are from Microsoft they are not. Microsoft dont do that. If you have done the dishes like the wife asked you and they call have some fun. Time is money to those Scallys so wind them up act daft keep getting it wrong when they ask...
  7. pop-up scam

pop-up scam: So I recently switched back to Edge(maybe 3-4 days ago) because Chrome is giving me audio issues. Anyway, I was browsing the news feed and clicked an article which I don't remember the title, but was talking about Ted Cruz and his native American ancestry. So I clicked on...
  8. Microsoft Pop up did I get scammed?

Microsoft Pop up did I get scammed?: I fell for the scammers AVK Target - VSK. I let them take over my computer for $249 and they left a cleaner app on my computer. My computer is running faster but now Im scared they have all of my information.I know this sounds lame but do they still have access and what...
  9. Pop Up Scam

Pop Up Scam: Can someone help me with a possible scam I just encountered with Tectroid Solutions? They claimed to be a Microsoft IT partner. I made the mistake of giving them a picture of a check, my drivers license and address. They accessed my computer and once I bought on to the...
  10. What would you like to see in Window 9?

in Windows 10 Support
    What would you like to see in Window 9?: Tell us what you would like to see in Windows 9 For me... A metro/modern UI off switch A real start menu Full Kinect integration so I can control the PC by waving my arms like a mad man. 1307