Windows 10: I just got my first laptop today and have some doubts...

Discus and support I just got my first laptop today and have some doubts... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so my mom will also be using the laptop for her office work and I have made 2 user profiles. My question is If I download any games/apps/files will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shadow8779, Jul 17, 2020.

1. I just got my first laptop today and have some doubts...

Ok so my mom will also be using the laptop for her office work and I have made 2 user profiles. My question is If I download any games/apps/files will it also appear on her profile? If yes how do stop it from appearing on hers....

submitted by /u/Shadow8779
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shadow8779, Jul 17, 2020
  2. djrhys Win User

Just got my N96, have some questions...

Hi,

I have just got my new Nokia N96 on Vodafone.

It's a bit weird for me as I have been with Sony Ericsson for over 2 years so I need some pointers and some answers.

In this first post, I'll just ask some general questions about my new phone.

• Is the N96 a slow phone in general as it's come across as a very slow phone in the first week I've owned it.
    • Is it always awkward to use on the internet ? It seems to connect to my WiFi as and when it wants to - which is once in a blue moon.
    • Is there any way to alter the message center number ?
    • What firmware should I be running at the moment ?

The phone's running FW 11. at the moment and it seems very slow.

I've seen mentions of FW 20.something all over the N96 sites, but when I try to update either via my phone or through my laptop, it says there's no update avaliable. Is this normal ?

Any help is very much appreciated as I am in 2 minds whether to send it back or not.

Thanks alot,

Rhys.

djrhys, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Zebeon Win User
    Have you got pie today?

Hell yea- got some pie today, First time on the list!! I am number 30 but still made it LOL

Zebeon, Jul 17, 2020
  4. I just got my first laptop today and have some doubts...

I have a doubt

Hi Naaveen,

Thank you for getting back to us with the status. We apologize for the delay in response.

The disk error while startup might occur if the system is not shut down properly. I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Also, as you are facing issue with Start menu and Action Center not working, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run SFC (System File Checker) scan.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      command prompt(admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Method 2:
    DISM TOOL:

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      command prompt(admin).
    • Type the following commands in command prompt one by one and press Enter after each command.
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

I just got my first laptop today and have some doubts...

1. I just got my first laptop today and have some doubts... - Similar Threads - got laptop today

2. I have a doubt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a doubt: I am having some issues with my new laptop, The Defender stopped working Engine Unavailable and Security Updates fail to install. I am currently using Avast but I wanted to ask do I have to reset my laptop?Or is it fine ? Because my laptop is working perfectly right...
  3. I have a doubt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a doubt: I am having some issues with my new laptop, The Defender stopped working Engine Unavailable and Security Updates fail to install. I am currently using Avast but I wanted to ask do I have to reset my laptop?Or is it fine ? Because my laptop is working perfectly right...
  4. I have a doubt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My machine just got it's first ever BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My machine just got it's first ever BSOD.: I was watching a youtube video when crashed. The BSOD code was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. The PC is new, I've been using it for maybe 5 months, I found it really weird that it got a BSOD, as it never happened. My configs are as in my profile, Windows x64 20H2 (version...
  6. Just today i got a new computer, and one of the first things i did was switch everything to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just today i got a new computer, and one of the first things i did was switch everything to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Todosansy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kmqo8b/just_today_i_got_a_new_computer_and_one_of_the/
  7. first post here since i got my laptop and i finally got my first problem

first post here since i got my laptop and i finally got my first problem: i need help solving this issue i've been facing lately. i cant type anything in search for my apps or even search anything in settings and looking for any files if anyone could please help me solve this issuei'll be very thankful submitted by /u/shitty_meme_name [link]...
  8. Im formatting my pc for the first time and have a couple of doubts

Im formatting my pc for the first time and have a couple of doubts: 1-Since i have only one usb i was wondering if i can make a partition with bootable windows and the other with info or i have to upload the info to the cloud. 2-how much space should i give to the windows partition?(i want to have the desktop and everything about users in...
  9. I have a doubt...

I have a doubt...: if someone has my password and email from microsoft, they can put my account on their computer and install viruses, etc. as if they were installing on my computer? submitted by /u/3m1l10_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftzem6/i_have_a_doubt/
  10. just logged in today and got greeted by this..

just logged in today and got greeted by this..: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EspHack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cvol33/just_logged_in_today_and_got_greeted_by_this/