Windows 10: I just got the 20h2 update and how come these two start menu icons (Chrome and Valorant)...

Discus and support I just got the 20h2 update and how come these two start menu icons (Chrome and Valorant)... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CummyIsTheHighGround [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CummyIsTheHighGround, Nov 1, 2020.

1. I just got the 20h2 update and how come these two start menu icons (Chrome and Valorant)...

/u/CummyIsTheHighGround, Nov 1, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Nov 1, 2020
  3. nt62 Win User
    Start Menu Icons

Hello @tony K.

The solutions were "add to desktop" icons for Chrome as requested.
    The original website desktop icon will launch Chrome even if Edge or other browser is default.

The other solution was drag icons to start menu.
    Original website icons as requested are listed in the start menu under "Chrome Apps"

I just got the 20h2 update and how come these two start menu icons (Chrome and Valorant)... [​IMG]

The requested website icons can also be pinned to the taskbar
    and will run the Chrome​ browser even if Edge or other is the default

I just got the 20h2 update and how come these two start menu icons (Chrome and Valorant)... [​IMG]

Tiles are a different matter.
    Edge does not have any start tabs that can be customized.
    Edge does not have themes that I am aware of.
    Edge does not have any options to add customized wallpapers or animated wallpapers.
    If you run BING - Bing supplies only Bing wallpapers.
    Edge only runs on Windows 10.
    Other contributors will suggest a better way than a desktop icon.

suggested start tab page to OP using different browsers
    did my best - nothing more to add
    I find seeking address bar and browser tabs website icons to be ... forget it.
    A task for a young corporate programmer.
    edgeTILE is an excellent free store app that has options to customize tiles for web urls.

farewell

nt62, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

I just got the 20h2 update and how come these two start menu icons (Chrome and Valorant)...

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

I just got the 20h2 update and how come these two start menu icons (Chrome and Valorant)...

1. I just got the 20h2 update and how come these two start menu icons (Chrome and Valorant)... - Similar Threads - got 20h2 update

2. I just updated to 20h2 and my file explorer icons didnt change, in the startup menu there...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just updated to 20h2 and my file explorer icons didnt change, in the startup menu there...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mr_guy_of_internet57 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mre5cu/i_just_updated_to_20h2_and_my_file_explorer_icons/
  3. Windows 10 20H2 - Start Menu many icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 20H2 - Start Menu many icons not showing: [ATTACH] Hi, i had to remove my hard drives for cleaning my PC. After cleaning and connecting the hard drives back, i got this issue where the icons on my start menu were gone and upon right clicking i could only pin them to start. I also face 'Audio service not running'...
  4. Google Chrome Icon Disappearing from start menu.

Google Chrome Icon Disappearing from start menu.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/geax5ovi6ui61.png?width=642&format=png&auto=webp&s=38c31514f33248e8bf005d9f62fe782464ec4e70 The Google Chrome icon keeps disappearing from my Start menu. The app has an icon in program files folder, in the taskbar and also in the start...
  5. i just updated my windows to 20H2, and the Start Menu Fonts are now smaller. Also, Seems...

i just updated my windows to 20H2, and the Start Menu Fonts are now smaller. Also, Seems...: How to I change my Start Menu fonts. they just reduced in size when I updated to Windows 20H2, as advised by dell. Seems like this was a mistake? since i don't see any real advantage to the update, and it took over 3Gb....
  6. How to reset start menu icons

How to reset start menu icons: [ATTACH] Hi, i just want to know how to reset, or change, the start menu icons that pop up when you make a search, especifically the windows programs, like Groove Music, because they are the old version. They are fine when you pin them to the start menu itself....
  7. How to reset icons on start menu?

How to reset icons on start menu?: I use Windows 10. I deleted too many icons from my start menu, but now I wanna return their. Every time when I reinstall Windows 10, I don't have default icons on start menu, I see only icons which I didn't delete on my last Windows 10. I wanna get default icons on my start...
  8. No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?

No icons in start-menu after update, how to solve?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/retestreak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hedbzx/no_icons_in_startmenu_after_update_how_to_solve/
  9. How to change icons in start menu?

How to change icons in start menu?: I'v installed an ipack icon pack but the start menu never changed. I did something in my registry that changed my quick action icon by taking ownership and running a .reg file. Is there something I can do to change the start menu icons to the ones in the ipack I installed?...
  10. How to change Start Menu icon?

How to change Start Menu icon?: How can I change the Start Menu icon? I used a program for this on Windows 7, Start8 had a feature for Windows 8, but I couldn't find anything for Windows 10. I'm afraid that the one I used for Windows 7 will cause bugs, etc and don't want Start8 either, beacuse I love the...