Windows 10: I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

Discus and support I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save anything in a program and then progressed rapidly to destroying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Colm O'Leary, Apr 25, 2024.

1. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save anything in a program and then progressed rapidly to destroying windows and ended up with my bios being destroyed all in the space of ten minutes. I tried doing a rollback to an earlier version when it wouldn't let me save anything in the first program. I thought that this is probably something picked up from the net and a rollback should remove it. But it didn't like that. As I was doing the rollback it crashed the computer and then windows would no longer load. I tried loading the backup from a thumb dri

:)

Colm O'Leary, Apr 25, 2024

2. PC Infected with Virus

One suggestion.....

COMBOFIX

its saved a lot of machines that ive worked on which most techs will say is beyond saving and to reinstall your OS

FreedomEclipse, Apr 25, 2024
  3. Virus...NOOOOO!

Then its not a virus, i thought its a little strange that a virus was still going in safe mode. But i dont know what to suggest it could be? Are you using the same pc to connect to the internet, just with a linux partition?

BradleyKZN, Apr 25, 2024
  4. HammerON Win User

I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

What is the best anti virus software to get?

There have been a couple threads started in regards to the OP's question. I would suggest reading through this one:
    Best Virus Protection

HammerON, Apr 25, 2024
Thema:

I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

1. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save... - Similar Threads - virus least was

2. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...: I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save anything in a program and then progressed rapidly to destroying windows and ended up with my bios being destroyed all in the space of ten minutes. I tried doing a rollback to an earlier...
  3. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...: I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save anything in a program and then progressed rapidly to destroying windows and ended up with my bios being destroyed all in the space of ten minutes. I tried doing a rollback to an earlier...
  4. I think i got a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i got a virus: Theres this unknow app called " Galilo " that keeps running in my background, i keep closing it but when im too late it freezes my computer and makes it very slow, i cant find this file either to remove it.I scanned my pc multiple times for virusses but it doesnt seem to be...
  5. I think its a virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think its a virus: So basically my pc just started putting up pop ups of if i wanted to let some apps make modifications to my pc and i canceled all those and as i was listening to my music it just started saying it could'nt play any of the songs and as they did so i went and checked in my...
  6. I Think I Got A Virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Think I Got A Virus?: I was scrolling through articles on the 'My Feed' tab and I saw an ad with a title that was interesting, and somehow caught my attention. I clicked on it, and read only a page. When I clicked the arrow to get to the second page, a pop up ad showed up. I knew not to trust it...
  7. I think a virus locked me out of getting into virus and threat protection

I think a virus locked me out of getting into virus and threat protection: I keep getting notifications telling me to check windows security about potentional threats but when i try to open virus and threat protection in the settings nothing happens. i can get into the windows security setting but cant open windows security or virus and threat...
  8. I think i have a virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I think i have a virus: Starting from a couple of days ago and more evidently the past week. My laptop has been acting extremely slowly. For a while, I just looked past it and just assumed it was because of the number of Softwares I had open but it has been extremely laggy of late and the other day,...
  9. i think i have a virus

i think i have a virus: so in the task bar when i open some apps there is a blank space its an icon i can move it but when i right click it it says shut town and or pin to task bar my question is how do i get rid of it has this happened to anyone else can someone help me submitted by /u/J_Mitev69...
  10. I think I have a virus!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I think I have a virus!!!: I installed hacks for gta and my anti virus did not pick up anything but when looking in virus total i think it is mad if you look at its activity it made dll files and set some keys here is where you see its activity :...