Windows 10: I just had my computer updated. I can not get my printer to printer when requested to.

Discus and support I just had my computer updated. I can not get my printer to printer when requested to. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP Photosmart 6520 connected to my computer. I just bought an Surface Pro 7 tablet. I took my computer and the tablet in to get updated and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephHawkins3, Oct 31, 2020.

1. I just had my computer updated. I can not get my printer to printer when requested to.

I have an HP Photosmart 6520 connected to my computer. I just bought an Surface Pro 7 tablet. I took my computer and the tablet in to get updated and ready for use. When I started up my computer and tablet it worked well but I could not get my printer to print automatically by command from either the computer or the tablet. I am new to working with my computer. The trouble shooting message reads " Printer HP Photosmart 6520 series Class Driver cannot be contacted over the network.". What steps do I need to complete to get my printer to respond to a computer or tablet request to print?

:)

JosephHawkins3, Oct 31, 2020
  2. keakar Win User

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 31, 2020
  4. damric Win User

I just had my computer updated. I can not get my printer to printer when requested to.

I need a new printer.

Do the above suggested printers jam up easy? If there is 2 pieces of office equipment I loathe, 1st is copy machines, and 2nd is printers.

damric, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

I just had my computer updated. I can not get my printer to printer when requested to.

1. I just had my computer updated. I can not get my printer to printer when requested to. - Similar Threads - computer updated printer

2. how can i get my printer to print from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get my printer to print from my computer?: I cannot get my printer canon 8520 series to print from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-printer-to-print-from-my-computer/ab569d27-2066-42ef-bfba-a3212f92ccb2
  3. how can i get my printer to print from my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i get my printer to print from my computer?: I cannot get my printer canon 8520 series to print from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-printer-to-print-from-my-computer/ab569d27-2066-42ef-bfba-a3212f92ccb2
  4. my printer and computer are in the same network, yet i can not find the printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my printer and computer are in the same network, yet i can not find the printer: my printer and computer are in the same network, yet i can not find the printer ET 4550 is my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-and-computer-are-in-the-same-network/af653aa9-41fa-45ff-acb3-96860d6e6c54
  5. my printer and computer are in the same network, yet i can not find the printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer and computer are in the same network, yet i can not find the printer: my printer and computer are in the same network, yet i can not find the printer ET 4550 is my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-and-computer-are-in-the-same-network/af653aa9-41fa-45ff-acb3-96860d6e6c54
  6. my printer and computer are in the same network, yet i can not find the printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I cannot get my printer to print. It says that it is "OFFLINE" When looking for my printer,...

I cannot get my printer to print. It says that it is "OFFLINE" When looking for my printer,...: Hi all... I cannot get my printer to print. It says that it is "OFFLINE" When looking for my printer, I get a message saying that my printer has "migrated'...whatever the h**l that means. I am unable to bring my printer back online. Oh... if I go into Device Manager I do...
  8. I had issue connect to my printer on the network.

I had issue connect to my printer on the network.: The printer is share on a win 10 os pc, it will show on the explorer when I type in the pc address. However when I try to connect to it ,it willshow error. Operation could not be completed error 0x00000709. Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is...
  9. I had an update done on my computer and now printer will not print in colour - is orange...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I had an update done on my computer and now printer will not print in colour - is orange...: My printer HP ENVY Photo 7155 will not print in colour since I had an update done yesterday. It prints in orange tones only. I have replaced both cartridges but to no avail...please help...
  10. I had to replace the router My computer gets on the wireless fine but the printer will not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I had to replace the router My computer gets on the wireless fine but the printer will not...: Same as Subject line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-replace-the-router-my-computer-gets-on/a8bb5eea-b2b0-4007-b4ce-7860ad9848cf