Windows 10: I just had my hard drive put into a new laptop.

Discus and support I just had my hard drive put into a new laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having problems launching programs I bought before my old mother board crashed. How do I start old programs I paid for w/o having to download and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CraigJonesLX, Jun 12, 2020.

1. I just had my hard drive put into a new laptop.

I'm having problems launching programs I bought before my old mother board crashed. How do I start old programs I paid for w/o having to download and pay for them again. specifically Windows Movie Maker Pro for HD. Already downloaded Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge to get them to function.

:)

CraigJonesLX, Jun 12, 2020

2. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Laptop hard drive upgrade

If you ghost the OS from disk to disk with the same system it should work fine. Thing is you have to GHOST the disk, including the MBR or it won't be bootable. Any other normal laptop drive should work as long as the connections the same.

If you cannot make a backup install CD, you'll likely need to locate a windows install CD, unless you can ghost the drive. Thats pretty much your only options atm.

Dippyskoodlez, Jun 12, 2020
  4. I just had my hard drive put into a new laptop.

Laptop hard drive upgrade

Yeah but it is a bit of a bummer when i have paid for a genuine copy of windows mce.
    but i do have a copy of vista that i could put in the laptop but i am not too sure it will be good as it is slower on my desktop which i dual boot wwith xp. the spec is

3000+ SEMPRON CPU
    1GB DDR RAM
    40 GB RAM

jamupnorth, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

I just had my hard drive put into a new laptop.

1. I just had my hard drive put into a new laptop. - Similar Threads - hard drive put

2. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?: I have a computer right now. I put a new ssd in it. I cloned the stuff on my old hard drive into the ssd. If I later take out that ssd to a new computer that I'm building right now. Can I keep the windows on both computers or do I have to reinstall it on the new computer with...
  3. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?: I have a computer right now. I put a new ssd in it. I cloned the stuff on my old hard drive into the ssd. If I later take out that ssd to a new computer that I'm building right now. Can I keep the windows on both computers or do I have to reinstall it on the new computer with...
  4. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I have had to renew my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had to renew my hard drive: Any help thanks I have had to renew my hard drive in my computer I have my windows 11 key and my office 2019 key used the usb to install windows and used my office 2019 on my computer all went well until i tried to put office key in and it said it was already on another...
  6. I have had to renew my hard drive

I have had to renew my hard drive: Any help thanks I have had to renew my hard drive in my computer I have my windows 11 key and my office 2019 key used the usb to install windows and used my office 2019 on my computer all went well until i tried to put office key in and it said it was already on another...
  7. I just put in a new terabyte storage drive but it's not being detected

I just put in a new terabyte storage drive but it's not being detected: My drive should be here but it doesn't show up. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-put-in-a-new-terabyte-storage-drive-but-its/dc42eb9e-2750-40f1-890e-bbe4cef806ad
  8. I had to get a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to get a new hard drive: The guy who sold me my new 128G SSD put a version of Windows 10 on my computer that's all messed up. Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 to clean it up? I was using Windows 10 Pro on the old hard drive....
  9. Putting Windows on a new Hard Drive

Putting Windows on a new Hard Drive: I've recently bought a 1TB NVMe SSD that I'm planning on making my primary drive with Windows on and retiring my current OS drive which is a 120GB SATA SSD. The problem is the choices seem endless on what the best way to go about this is. There's things like the Creation...
  10. Just installed a new hard drive

Just installed a new hard drive: I reinstalled a new hard drive and reinstalled windows on my pc but now its telling me that my key is not activated with windows 10 activation error 0xc004f213......