Windows 10: I just hate it, win10 had to be reset, refused to come up

Discus and support I just hate it, win10 had to be reset, refused to come up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I dual boot with win7. Win7 was having a lot of troubles, suddenly refusing to boot due a defective video card shutting down the signal would just be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Nov 8, 2019.

1. I just hate it, win10 had to be reset, refused to come up

I dual boot with win7. Win7 was having a lot of troubles, suddenly refusing to boot due a defective video card shutting down the signal would just be lost. So I kept having to power it off and on, and eventually 7 quit. I replaced video card with another nvidia card.
    So after a bunch of stuff not starting hanging refusing to boot even in safe mode. windows 7 finally claimed it had to do disk checking. Of course it also had to check disk on the win10 hard drive. It claimed to have found all sorts of errors and deleted a bunch of stuff. Then win7 booted, it seems a miracle. So this am, I reboot to go into win10, and its a total foobar disaster. Win10 cant start, so it wants to repair PC, I say ok. Win10 cant repair itself....
    So one of the sugeestion just boot win7??? boot another windows os???
    Try to do win10 reset, loose everything or loose all settings and keep my files and folders. Of course I had to do a reset.

So it appears to be reinstalling windows 10 now, how stupid is this...
    Now it could take hours?? to get win 10 running.

:)

sdowney717, Nov 8, 2019

2. Windows 8 Haters Club. For anyone who hates Windows 8.

Description:
    • For anyone who hates Windows 8. A single post here is all that's needed to become a member.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Hate Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Nov 8, 2019
  4. I just hate it, win10 had to be reset, refused to come up

Cannot reset Win10

I've tried 3 times to reset an old Acer laptop that's running Win10. I need to ship it out and don't want any of my digital footprint left on it. I go through the steps to reset under Recovery, and it chugs through as if it were doing something, but hours
    later it comes back with a message that it could not reset the computer and nothing was changed. (I did this already on another laptop, and it worked fine, so I don't think I'm missing steps.)

Are there other approaches to resetting that I can try?

M S AtKisson, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

I just hate it, win10 had to be reset, refused to come up

1. I just hate it, win10 had to be reset, refused to come up - Similar Threads - hate win10 reset

2. I cannot connect to minecraft, everything comes up with Connection Refused when I try to join.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot connect to minecraft, everything comes up with Connection Refused when I try to join.: I have tried many things,it started a bit after I did ipconfig /release and /renew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-connect-to-minecraft-everything-comes-up/32d49ac4-92ca-42c6-b88c-f6f23abaa5e5
  3. I hate this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hate this . . .: My computer's a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.One thing, that's very annoying!There's, a big box. That slides out,from the right side.Covering half, of my screen.It has the temperature, and local news.I have to wait, a little while.To get it to, slide back.Is there a way, to...
  4. I hate this . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate this . . .: My computer's a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.One thing, that's very annoying!There's, a big box. That slides out,from the right side.Covering half, of my screen.It has the temperature, and local news.I have to wait, a little while.To get it to, slide back.Is there a way, to...
  5. I hate this . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I hate having to come here but I have no other answers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I hate having to come here but I have no other answers: I am copying and pasting this to something I posted on facebook, hoping someone here can help me. Alright IT friends, I have been forced to turn to any and all of you. Yesterday after I took off my VR headset to watch some videos my computer was having an issue with the...
  7. I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10: I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10. How can I re-install MSFS 2020? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-hw-issue-and-had-to-reinstall-win10/d06287ef-e38c-46fa-b02a-5955120e49d9
  8. Windows refuses to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows refuses to reset: So here it is. Everything that happened with trying to reset resulted in this message- "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer" So basically since 12pm yesterday to 1am last night, I attempted to reset my ASUS home laptop. I tried...
  9. I hate pop-up ads . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hate pop-up ads . . .: I'm running Windows 10 pro on my computer. I hate pop-up ads. I want to stop 'em! But, every software app, that I find. Gives you a trial period. When, that over, I delete it and install another. But, I'm running out of things to install. Is their any free forever,...
  10. I hate Win10 too much.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I hate Win10 too much.: Whenever i try to close my pc it shows this notification ''if you shut down now and any other people using this PC could lose unsaved work''. I HATE THIS THING, COZ I JUST UPDATED MY PC FROM WIN 7 PRO TO WIN 10 PRO... I tried to search on yt and in this community also...