Windows 10: I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated?

Discus and support I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I did a free upgrade from 8.1 to 10 so I don't have a product key, but a digital license, but even signing into my computer with my microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by loudandlow, May 9, 2019.

1. I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated?

I did a free upgrade from 8.1 to 10 so I don't have a product key, but a digital license, but even signing into my computer with my microsoft account which shows has windows 10 pro, it still says I need to activate windows? Help please!lol

:)

loudandlow, May 9, 2019
  2. erpster4 Win User

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

OP could try a phone activation of Win10 as a last resort since he changed the motherboard, processor & RAM, which is pretty close to doing an "overhaul" of an computer

what were the original (old) motherboard, original CPU and old RAM chips before this problem occured?
    and what kind of new board, new CPU & new RAM sticks did OP use before trying to reactivate Win10?

I know replacing an old motherboard with a new board that uses a different chipset & RAM chips (lets say old board uses AMD CPU with DDR3 RAM sticks and new board uses Intel CPU but using DDR4 RAM sticks) is pretty much a very substantial change that will require re-activation.

erpster4, May 9, 2019
  3. ZetsZets Win User
    windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.

today i decided to install a new motherboard and cpu becuase my old motherboard stopped working and after installing windows 10 and running all the updates it wont let me activate. i get error code 0x803FA067.

ZetsZets, May 9, 2019
  4. plazma321 Win User

I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated?

New motherboard/CPU/Ram license question

Howdy. I'm about to upgrade my motherboard, CPU and ram. I have a couple of questions.

Currently on windows 10 Pro which was upgraded from a legit windows 7 Ultimate retail key.

1. I'm assuming I will have to do a fresh install of windows 10 after i swap out this hardware?

2. Once I've done the fresh install how do i go about activating my license for windows 10?

plazma321, May 9, 2019
Thema:

I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated?

1. I just installed a new CPU, RAM and motherboard, and now my windows isn't activated? - Similar Threads - installed CPU RAM

2. I just recently installed a new motherboard cpu and ram. It was fine for the first 2 - 3...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just recently installed a new motherboard cpu and ram. It was fine for the first 2 - 3...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000060, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8073a868099. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 381fc20f-6978-4761-ba17-68e7817ce68d.This is what it says in...
  3. I just recently installed a new motherboard cpu and ram. It was fine for the first 2 - 3...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just recently installed a new motherboard cpu and ram. It was fine for the first 2 - 3...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000060, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8073a868099. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 381fc20f-6978-4761-ba17-68e7817ce68d.This is what it says in...
  4. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  5. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  6. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself

Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself: Today i upgraded my motherboard to an ASROCK B450 Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, and Vengence LPX 2x8 GIG RAM, and after updating the BIOS my windows de-activated. Ive tried every troubleshooting method it had availible to me and just said to try again later. I am getting the error...
  8. Cannot Activate Windows after Motherboard, CPU, and RAM Installation

Cannot Activate Windows after Motherboard, CPU, and RAM Installation: Hello Microsoft Community. My problem has to do with the activation of Windows 10 after a hardware change. I installed the parts yesterday and when I tried to activate Windows post installation, it gave me the error message that starts with "unable to reach activation...
  9. Changed Motherboard and CPU, windows isn't activated anymore.

Changed Motherboard and CPU, windows isn't activated anymore.: I've changed my motherboard and CPU yesterday, sadly the Windows isn't activated now. When I run Troubleshoot to detect my Windows it doesn't work. I would love to get some help from you guys. Regards...
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded cpu now windows isnt activated